Aiming preferences and why?

Terrell

I prefer free aim on the highest aim sensitivity because it allows me to target where and at who and control the speed of the aiming reticule. But... you'll notice if you take the ps3's right analog, and pull it up slightly out of its socket, the aiming will be smoother, which makes me think they messed up on free aiming, because it's possible to be good at it, but it's awkward and unprecise, but more challenging and rewarding than the alternative control types. I think that the traditional control type is just a way of automatically locking, and being able to move the reticule with assisted aim through a certain range of motions for 5 seconds or so. So if you are always aiming, (holding R2 gently) then as soon as a target pops up, you fully press L2, then fully press down R2 until target is done, the let pressure go a little bit on R2(to keep aiming), let go of L2 until there is another target, then repeat. Traditional aim is only an assisted aim version of GTA 4. But I still enjoy free aim more. Wbu?

SKOGS-SKUMMISEN

LOL WTF HIGHEST SENSITIVITY ARE U A f*ckING LIZARD SNAKE SUPER SENSE MUTANT!!!

• Like 2

universetwisters

I never bothered with the aiming settings for any of the games. That said, auto aim for me.

sTgL5iS.png

WildBrick142

Auto-Aim.

Because I can't be bothered and don't have time to practice free-aim.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Auto aim, but sometimes I feel like a badass and want to free aim, so instead of going to the settings, I just run and gun because it feels way more satisfying. BTW If you hold down LT/L2 halfway, it will free aim without the need to go to the settings.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

WTH, highest aim sensitivity?

How is that even possible to ever hit anything with accuracy on the poor DS3 analog sticks?

I've used manual aim for about 600 hours now... and I use the LOWEST aim sensitivity lol

which makes turning to find new enemies hard but you can press your stick in to look behind you and re-aim and it instantly turns you around

still, you begin to appreciate cover much more

Auto aim, but only for the lobby sizes. I prefer using free aim but there seems to be next to no one in the lobbies.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

i don't understand how you guys can increase the sensitivity, do you just spray and pray? what's your accuracy percentage?

the game aiming is already pretty sensitive and the DS3 is notoriously insensitive and un-precise...

if i increase the sensitivity, even the slightest touch sends the crosshairs flailing wildly

CarlitoDorito

I like auto aim for missions, because i'm either too lazy to free aim or i'm a bit crap at it. Free aim when i'm shooting into crowds though.

Free aim with a tad over medium sensitivity, since 3 hours into first playthrough, the douchy answer, auto aim is way too easy and limits firefights into pressing aim+fire for each target and repeating untill victory. Even a full on 5-star rampage becomes pretty much routine.

The more truthful and grounded answer is i just can't tolerate they way i will get overruled by the aim assist, with choosing target kill order, and like when ground targets engaging you and there is a clear line of sight, but heli is closer derp.....the aim assist drove me nuts.

How most can play online with aim assist i don't understand, that's like an aimbot dude. It is a pity that free aim lobbies get sparsely populated, but since i only play with rl friends in closed sessions it's not my concern.

I used to think auto aim was less realistic, but then i changed my mind, in real life you can aim at a target with a single movement, even if your body isnt facing that direction, no matter where a target is you lift your weapon and its on them, so auto aim is the game equivilent of that, its not without fault, but free aim can be annoying and those seconds aiming manually can be long enought to get popped