GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA IV features that i miss

CaptainBlack69

CaptainBlack69

Idk if you guys realized this but in gta4 when driving the car wasn't in the center of the screen but towards the right. It allowed us to see the road more than the car. That what I missed

I miss the engine turn off or leave on feature by holding Triangle or Y

I miss the drive by animation. In gta 4 your character hung out the car but in gta 5 they shoot from within the car which looks dumb

Last thing I miss is many interior buildings like cluckin bell or the hospital

Edited by CaptainBlack69

PrestoWater

I strongly agree with this

• Like 7

I miss the drunk animations, the hotdog stands and the motorcycle handling. That sh*t was the bomb man. Sorta miss the lock on system too in the sense that you don't die every time you drive. I even miss the red and blue stripes and stars helmet..

Guest Billy Russo

Cops and Crooks & Hangman's NOOSE is what I miss. The fact they took out amazing game modes like that, is why nobody understands Rockstar.

I miss the OLD GTA Races. You know the classic GTA IV ones, those were so fun. I don't even do GTA races on this game. It's just Rocket fests, oh and sticky bombs, and that's just boring to me.

iheartlondon1969

I miss playing pool. Hotdog stands, the many interiors and Times Square.

• Like 5

Most of all I miss the atmosphere; Liberty City, though smaller, had a realistic atmosphere like no other game. IMO R* failed with this game in creating a consistent atmosphere

• Like 2

L71cGcK.png

I don't know why Rockstar decided to remove the ability to leave your motor running. It made for quicker getaways and would have been perfect for the servo robberies.

I also agree with the drive-by statement too. It was awesome how the passengers put the upper half of their body out of the window to shoot. It's just laziness on Rockstars part not to include it in GTA V.

Little details, but in a game like GTA V, little details matter a lot.

• Like 1

lkj_KHFASJHJA.jpg

Dukes_GTA_IV.png

Esperanto_GTA_IV.png

PMP600-GTA4-front.jpg

Also the ability to use the baseball bat whilst riding a bike. That made TLAD races a lot more fun.

I miss roman calling me everyone 5 seconds to go bowling. Millions times better then madrazo, lester, gerald and simion calling all the f*cking time.

I also miss the friendly police. I was playing online yesterday driving slow just chillin. Then this guy zooms past in his adder with alot if police on his ass and one of the police cars crashes into the back of my car and I get a motherf*cking star. I try to drive off and it turns into two stars and all of a sudden there is a big cop chase going on leads to 3 stars then I get out of my vehicle and then the showdown leads to my death and car getting seized.

All this because I was minding my own business.

f*ck THE LOS SANTOS POLICE

Strange Town

Bowling, pool, QUB3D, Cluckin Bell, Burger Shot. Why R* took those out I don't know.

And I hated QUB3D at first.

I agree with all of them

I often hold the right thumbstick slightly to the side in order to mimic the off center camera effect from gta 4

other things I really miss are vigilante missions and Cops and Crooks

• Like 2

I miss doing drive by shootings with my arm out the window and the shooting mechanics in general.

Also QUB3D, so addicting.

Edited by ZeroSafe5615
  • Like 2

I miss the freedom I felt playing multiplayer, unlike the restricted Online we currently have.

948185.png

I have to agree with the features which you also miss; including the accessible buildings and the drive-by shooting positions. One thing I also miss -- which isn't necessarily a "feature" -- is the fact that everyone would spend their time at the airport, as it was one of the most prime locations on the map.

I suppose that wouldn't be possible now because GTA V's map is much, much larger than GTA IV's. I hope they implement some of these features, though.

• Like 2

LightningLord

Idk if you guys realized this but in gta4 when driving the car wasn't in the center of the screen but towards the right. It allowed us to see the road more than the car. That what I missed

I miss the drive by animation. In gta 4 your character hung out the car but in gta 5 they shoot from within the car which looks dumb

- I hated the car camera in that game. I like it in the center.

- Yes.

- Yes! I hate the new drive by animation!

- We need more interiors.

I agree.

Edited by LightningLord411

IcOqQpq.gif

I have to agree with the features which you also miss; including the accessible buildings and the drive-by shooting positions. One thing I also miss -- which isn't necessarily a "feature" -- is the fact that everyone would spend their time at the airport, as it was one of the most prime locations on the map.

I suppose that wouldn't be possible now because GTA V's map is much, much larger than GTA IV's. I hope they implement some of these features, though.

I never got this fascination every1 had with the airport in gta 4

IMO it was a f*cking boring place, just an open slab of concrete with nothing much going for it, DM's there just felt a poor man's cod or something

was it the choppers or what?

anyway, give me Bohan or something over that boring place any day.

definitely one of the things I do not miss.

another thing I do miss though is recoil

the weapons now are ridiculous, none of them has any recoil at all

used to love how you could double tap the smg's for clean headshots and whatnot

now you can just spray all day without losing any accuracy

• Like 1

The driving. Granted, it wasn't perfect and needed adjustments in areas (suspension, turn radius's, and braking amongst a few other things), but in all honestly I'd take it over V's any day. Same for the helicopter handling.

Edited by Ermac.

^ this.

Not a feature but I miss how car damage was done. In GTA 4, all you needed to do to stop an asshole driver is to hit him enough so his wheels get stuck in the fenders and he's just trying to crawl away doing a continuous burnout. In GTA 5, you need a rocket launcher because that little sh*t is coming in reverse in a Zentoro.

I keep reading and talking about GTA IV and I miss that game. If I'm not busy tonight I'm going to try it again.
I'm sure the GTA IV section has a Find a Meetup thread, right? :p

*edit*
Saw this in the GTA 4 section and I miss that feature (despite annoying everyone else):

Username wants to Kick Username

Post above was by EpicPonyMuffins.

I thought the "DING! DING! DING! DING!" when the message appeared was the funniest thing ever.

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 3

I hate how you don't refer to things post gta4 lol because I didn't play that.

What about increase gore? Shooting limbs/heads off civilians was a blast. Or oil slip mods on the car that makes cops run into walls becase the road was so slippery lol

cars, Cars, CARS!!!!

Seriously Rockstar, the world doesn't revolve around European cars. Not everyone enjoys just driving BMWs, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins. Believe it or not, there are actually many different types of cars from other automakers!

IV has a mixture of Euro, Asian and American cars.

V? Extremely Eurocentric in focus.

Edited by CSUdude
  • Like 2

malcolmfunktion

My God i hope to f*ck they give us this city for online...it would be SO logical...its built already. C'MON R*!

Edited by malcolmfunktion

Strange Town

Boy I wish there was an app for QUB3D

• Like 1