2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wiizardii

Is luiz lopez the worst GTA protagonist of all time?

The Deadite

And for me The worst Gta Protagonist of all time would have to be Tommy Vercetti.

American Viking

I think Claude is the second worst protag in GTA history. I don't know why he didn't have a voice actor, but it butchered his character for me. He was like a robot in every cutscene and very underdeveloped to the point that we didn't even know his name is Claude until two games later (San Andreas). It's important to see Claude for who he was as opposed to getting lost in the huge triumph and nostalgia of GTA 3.

Luis wasn't bad. I'd rank Franklin below him.

Here's my list, from the guys I've played as.

1. Niko Bellic
  2. Johnny Klebitz
  3. Tommy Vercetti
  4. Michael De Santa
  5. Luis Lopez
  6. CJ
  7. Trevor
  8. Claude
  9. Franklin
Edited by American Viking

Jackson T

It's Claude. Nothing's interesting about the overrated mute.

dognuts

It's Claude. Nothing's interesting about the overrated mute.

It's either you hate Claude or you love him. Personally, i loved the silent killer-for-hire character he served as. I hope they do a silent, but NOT mute, character again in the future.

UshaB

I liked Luis, he had cage fighting skills, unlike the protags in 5.

happygrowls

I think we can all agree that Kelly is the worst protagonist

Kelly_gba.png

Mr.Nedich

I think so. Considering his actions in the story, he has pretty 0% character development, his MO (a bodyguard, wtf..?) is pretty lame, I mean a bodyguard to a nightclub? It couldn't get any worst. He also tries to act like a badass all the time. I don't know if R* did this on purpose with the character, or if it was a part of the script. His backstory is even worst, he got abused by his dad, and his dad left his family cliché.... I think he also got arrested or something when he was young... Even more stupid cliché with the character. Through out the story, he acted like a bum. Tony was kinda cool, but the whole Luiz trying to help Tony thing in the storyline fell so flat and it was so damn bad. Also, he has no goal whatsoever. His mom is in some way trying to help him get out of the criminal world? And his friends are cool (Armando and Henrique) But they could get annoying at times with the whole drama thing with Luiz not wanting to be with them. His mom is another hypocrite, wich gets even more ANNOYING. All and all, Luiz is IMO the worst GTA protagonist. I think he is worst than Franklin (Not that Franklin sucked balls or anything like Luiz).

Honestly, I think you're wanting too many gangster cliches. You're basically bitching that he's not a hardened gun for hire and he sucks for trying to have a straight job? He makes no 'goal' progress because he's content where he was in his life before the crap hit the fan and had to help Tony. I'd say that Luis is one of the most average of the characters. His personality is flat, true, but overall, he's far from the worst, just a bit gland.

Official General

Nope, not at all. That honour goes to Trevor.

The Ghost 206

I don't really got a problem with him the thing that gets me is he says BRO every damn sentence

American Viking

I didn't have a problem with Luis' backstory at all. You say his story is cliche but many people from that life do share similar pasts. I found it neat to be a bodyguard at a nightclub as opposed to some mob hitman as usual. It felt good to actually have an average job but still be affiliated with the criminal underworld. To answer your question, no, I think the worst protag of all time is Franklin. The guy is a walking cliche of the modern thug which I thought I was done with in San Andreas. All he does is whine and complain the entire game while riding Michael's coattail. He's a hypocrite as well. He claims to want to get out of the ghetto life and make some real money yet he has no problem at all accompanying Lamar on several gang related adventures. You can always say no, Franklin. Did I mention he had the worst voice actor I've ever heard? He's lucky they didn't give me the option to kill Frank bc needless to say he'd be gone.

Edited by American Alpha

Professor SmackaDabbah

He was the worst IV era protagonist although he was still leaps and bounds above any of the V protagonists.

On an unrelated note, could someone please explain to me how to insert pictures in posts? Because I don't understand the system of putting the URL in.

don ovdi' island

as mentioned before, he's the worst GTA IV/stories protag.

he's still better than plain jane Franklin, snitch bitch Michael, and psycho weirdo inconsistent assbag Trevor.

Majestic81

That title IMO belongs to CJ or Franklin. CJ was boring. a pussy and a whiny gangster. nothing interesting about him. Luis can be funny at times at least.

PhillBellic

That title IMO belongs to CJ or Franklin. CJ was boring. a pussy and a whiny gangster. nothing interesting about him. Luis can be funny at times at least.

Actually that title belongs to Trevor, in my opinion.

The Deadite

CJ

at least you can switch to other character with Franklin.

camfagta

If you have a hispanic background - luis is hands down the best character. I can relate with him like no other character. His culture and conversations with friends and his accent make him my favorite character.

Mr_Leone

If you have a hispanic background - luis is hands down the best character. I can relate with him like no other character. His culture and conversations with friends and his accent make him my favorite character.

I can appreciate that uniqueness about him. I think his Hispanic background makes him fresher, different. The more I think about it, the more I realize the gap between F and Luis isn't very big at all. I'd say F is worse than Luis, but better than Trevor, CJ and Claude come to mind next; then Tommy and Toni, and the best is by far Niko. I might slip Vic ahead of Tommy tbh. Edited by Mr_Leone

609_uu

Luis is great but Johnny is better.

The Deadite

I consider him the most loyal protagonist ever.

(Someone ask me why)

OT: wow, it hurts how dead is this section.

woggleman

He actually lives the life Brucie raps about.

Stoney0503

Luis is actually my Favourite protagonist out of the IV trilogy.

As stated before, it's difficult to make a well developed protagonist in a short storyline.

The only thing I don't like about him though is his retarded running animation, looks like he has broken arms and a spine fixed into one place.

ElBurroLiberty

My list of the best protagonists go

Claude - He dresses like a badass, he is basically a ticking timebomb for the Liberty City crime bosses, he doesn't whine or say stupid sh*t.

Johnny Klebitz - He's a ass-kicking biker, reminds me of John Marston, has a badass crew and doesn't take any crap.

Niko Bellic - For a dirt-poor war criminal, Niko is remarkably witty and isn't an all-around greedy asshole.

Tommy Vercetti - He is a badass, he isn't one to complain, he was the Harwood Butcher and he sure knows how to deal with people he pissed off.

Toni Cipriani - I liked him in GTA III and he seems to be quite awesome in LCS.

Carl Johnson - Even though he can be annoying at times, CJ is still a complete badass. He also fits the "Gangsta"-theme more than Franklin.

Luis Lopez - He is a douche, but he still kicks enough ass and is cool enough to be likeable.

Michael De Santa - He is a damn skilled criminal, he doesn't take any crap from anybody and he has a cool Max Payney vibe to him.

Trevor Philips - He is fun to play as, but he is too big of an asshole to be a favourite. Not to mentioned that he killed Johnny Klebitz! That alone dragged him far down the list!

Victor Vance - Vic justs seems to be bland, he's a hypocrite, he's dominican, he looks different in Vice City and he is the brother of Lance. That's about all I can think of him.

Franklin Clinton - He is like a boring, douchey version of CJ, but with no love for the streets or his homies.

Huang Lee - He is chinese, he deals drugs and he's a Triad member. Nothing else, really.

Tuff Luv Capo

I like him, but he reminds me of Franklin in that he does a lot of complaining and thinks he's better than his friends.

TheBenBang

Luis is awesome! He is in my opinion, the most "natural" protagonist. He has already made a name for itself, in a sense.

And surely he is a true badass at times (chinese takeout anyone?)

B Dawg

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Luis. It's everyone around Luis that needs to be put in a blue, cold barrel, 6 feet in a hole (reference)

Edited by B Dawg

PhillBellic

He's still much better than Trevor.

SuperGTFan

He's a good character , unlikeable but very loyal to his loved ones , he deserve more credit for that.

Money Over Bullshit

I liked Luis. He was exactly what you'd expect from an ex street thug turned nightclub bouncer and he was actually quite funny too. Franklin was like the poor man's Luis mixed with a bit of CJ. In fact all three GTA V protagonists are very similar to the ones from GTA IV. Michael is like an older Niko - he has a troubled past and wants to leave it behind and raise a family but he can't due to said past. Trevor is like an exaggerated version of Johnny - a man who has no purpose in life other than to reak havoc and throw up a middle finger to society. Franklin like I said is just like Luis - so much so that they have almost exactly the same backstory. He's also less of a badass and can't get any pussy (two of Luis's most redeeming qualities).

I would say out of the main series (GTA 3 - GTA V, not including Advance, CTW LCS or VCS) my favourites would go like this:

1. Niko Bellic

2. Johnny Klebitz

3. Michael De Santa

4. Trevor Philips

5. Tommy Vercetti

6. Luis Lopez

7. Claude

8. Carl Johnson

9. Franklin Clinton

If I was to include the stories games (since they're 3D) I would place Toni Cipriani at number 6 and move everybody down one place (making it a top ten).

Spadge

I knew it ! I should have shot him in the bank when I had the opportunity ..

PhillBellic

Luis still has more likeable characteristics than Trevor.