2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wiizardii

Is luiz lopez the worst GTA protagonist of all time?

Curtis

I think you spelled "Trevor Philips" wrong, buddy.

MrVance

Why the hell you need to bring that sick prick Trevor in IV section too? We got enough of that name everywhere already lol. And we don`t hate him, we just can`t stand him. Well, some of us at least. I guess his HD face pixels and graphic is the only thing to like about that deranged little character.

Anyway back on topic, the only thing i don`t like/miss at Luis is his lack of "action speech and shouting" during the shootouts. I mean you are playing the most badass domestic terorist by hijacking a f*cking subway train for Yusuf Amir (btw- hey is that a refference to Ramzi Yousuf maybe?- it would certainly fit the missions you got to do for Amir) with a bunch of NOOSE team in anhiliators on your ass and he goes in a completely tranquil tone like this; "hey i`m a dominican, i`m not a terorist, i`m just riding a train"..lol

I mean come on, would you say something like that in totaly calm tone while doing such a thing? He lacks Niko or Johnny like action shouting like "i`ll rip your f*cking throats you son of a bitches" or something like that.

It just doesn`t fit the nature of otherwise great missions in TBOGT. That`s the only thing i don`t like about Luis otherwise he is good protag. IMO.

xXxRyanxXx

Why the hell you need to bring that sick prick Trevor in IV section too? We got enough of that name everywhere already lol. And we don`t hate him, we just can`t stand him. Well, some of us at least. I guess his HD face pixels and graphic is the only thing to like about that deranged little character.

Anyway back on topic, the only thing i don`t like/miss at Luis is his lack of "action speech and shouting" during the shootouts. I mean you are playing the most badass domestic terorist by hijacking a f*cking subway train for Yusuf Amir (btw- hey is that a refference to Ramzi Yousuf maybe?- it would certainly fit the missions you got to do for Amir) with a bunch of NOOSE team in anhiliators on your ass and he goes in a completely tranquil tone like this; "hey i`m a dominican, i`m not a terorist, i`m just riding a train"..lol

I mean come on, would you say something like that in totaly calm tone while doing such a thing? He lacks Niko or Johnny like action shouting like "i`ll rip your f*cking throats you son of a bitches" or something like that.

It just doesn`t fit the nature of otherwise great missions in TBOGT. That`s the only thing i don`t like about Luis otherwise he is good protag. IMO.

I don't really mind that he doesn't shout obscenities like Niko and Johnny do. I don't know, but it doesn't really suit his character. It's fair to say Niko and Johnny are characters fuelled by anger, revenge etc, but Luis? Not so much.

Shadowfennekin

I think you spelled "Trevor Philips" wrong, buddy.

Nah, he somehow didn't know how to spell CJ.

Shenmue18

Luis is definitely in the lower tier of Grand Theft Auto protags, but the worst in GTA history is Trevor.

B Dawg

Worst GTA protagonist is V Online Player. He's mute, and ugly, with a sh*tty taste in cars :lol:

HoleInTheSky

Easily. Claude has more personality (the company Luis keeps also doesn't help).

fefenc

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You guys should stop hating them and redirect all that hate to V's Trio

Edited by fefenc

MrVance

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You guys should stop hating them and redirect all that hate to V's Trio

I`m not so shocked about Luis but CJ? Come on, what is possibly so good about that character aside from his bodybuilding and other visual appearance customizations? He is just too cliche. He is some whining little bitch who get bossed around by his retarded and dumb brother Sweet and who gets cried when some bitch Catalina kicks his ass with a whip. Now come on, he is pathetic. Besides he clearly doesn`t know what do to in life. Stealing cars in LC, running a moronic gang of GSF or living in a rappers mansion and managing rap music?

Niko and Luis at least have a clear goals in life but CJ is like a little confused teenager.

Snake Plissken

Johnny Klebitz = A true badass!

What happened to him in GTA V was a fluke... We all know he was high on crystal meth and couldn't fight back ;)

MrVance

Johnny Klebitz = A true badass!

What happened to him in GTA V was a fluke... We all know he was high on crystal meth and couldn't fight back ;)

And his voice acting in TLAD was awesome. I was sick when he went down by that prick Trevor. And after you get attached to some protag by playing him in previous game and then seeing him get killed in next game, that sh*t sucks.

He was a real badass, a hellraiser.

dognuts

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You always say Luis is the best, but you never give your reasons. Why is he the best? Same with CJ. You can like them, i don't care, i just want to know why.

ramin728

i think franklin is the worst.

and the best are: claude - tommy - toni - trevor

..GhosT

I actually liked him...

MrVance

i think franklin is the worst.

and the best are: claude - tommy - toni - trevor

I hope you are just being sarcastic lol. Because you just numbered the greatests "MR ANTI-SYMPATICUS" protagonists out of all GTA games so far.

Best HD Protag - Luis

Best 3D Protag - CJ

You always say Luis is the best, but you never give your reasons. Why is he the best? Same with CJ. You can like them, i don't care, i just want to know why.

I think he/she likes Luis because he is the bigest ladiesman out of all GTA protags. He is screwing one girl in the club this minute and another minute another girl is giving him a blowjob.

Hence her/his avatar. :rol:

But seriously, Luis is good protag, and unfortunately by far the most underrated one.

dognuts

I think he/she likes Luis because he is the bigest ladiesman out of all GTA protags. He is screwing one girl in the club this minute and another minute another girl is giving him a blowjob.

But seriously, Luis is good protag, and unfortunately by far the most underrated one.

Ehh, i don't really dig his style. I suppose he could've been worse, though. On the plus side, he is very loyal unlike CJ, Michael and Franklin, i'll give Luis that.

Shadowfennekin

That's exactly why I hate Luis. He is such a Gary Sue. EVERY girl he met wanted to f*ck him. He didn't lose any friends or loved ones. Nothing bad ever happened to that f*ck.

He should have died in V along with Henrique, Armando, Tony, Dessie, and all them. Not awesome characters like Johnny, Terry, Clay

fefenc

That's exactly why I hate Luis. He is such a Gary Sue. EVERY girl he met wanted to f*ck him. He didn't lose any friends or loved ones. Nothing bad ever happened to that f*ck.

He should have died in V along with Henrique, Armando, Tony, Dessie, and all them. Not awesome characters like Johnny, Terry, Clay

the problem with "Niko lovers" is that for them a GTA Protag must be ranty at 98% of the game story, then this protag will be a decent GTA protagonist for being annoying, sad, emo and a crybaby all the time. If a GTA protag doesn't suits these characteristics, then he/she is a bad character with a bad character development and should never exist on GTA timeline.

I'm sure if Dwayne was a GTA protagonist, all of you Luis/CJ haters would "Jizzy-B" on your pants because he would manage to be more annoying and ranty than Niko, I can even imagine how would be Dwayne's quoting.

- Sorry lady, I'm stealing your car, but I'm depressed and I'm gonna kill myself cuz everyone makes everything to let you down.

- Gimme a break cop, people like you only wanna let people down

I know it's a good thing a serious and a dark moment on a story, but having this all the fkn time gets annoying, the same thing goes to a game which is very bloomy and directed by Michael bay, both things must be balanced to give an enjoyable felling.

GTA IV was too dark and everything was gray with a ranty protagonist, at the first time I beat the game, I thought I was playing on a 70's-90's LC due to the black and white felling of the game and the CLAAAAAASSIC musics on the radios a la old times of Saints Row and I got so much surprised when I figured out the game story year was 2008 :0

TLAD was too dark-yellow and it has given a drizzled screen sensation and this was very fkn annoying, I was even trying to change my monitor settings to see if I could get rid of that sh*t, apart from this, I've enjoyed the MC theme the game brought to us a lot.

TBoGT by the other hand has the glamour, the sensation that NY is a beautiful and a evolved city (not the 70's NY feeling that GTA IV gives to us) with a beautiful and enjoyable view of the environment/city and it has brought a bright felling to the IV trilogy, apart of the few time R* had to develop the game and rushed some things, TBOGT was perfect and Luis is the best protagonist of HD series, I could say Luis has saved the diamond trilogy.

He would kick Trevor's ass if he was on Johnny's place, I'm not sure about he kicking Niko's ass because the rampage Niko has done on the libertorian, but Luis has done a rampage on maissonete 9 too (not alone, but he's done a rampage) so I think he would have a chance against Niko by using weapons. I must admit Niko is better than Luis when it comes to hand by hand, apart of Luis being the LC cage fighters king :0

Edited by fefenc

xXxRyanxXx

the problem with "Niko lovers" is that for them a GTA Protag must be ranty at 98% of the game story, then this protag will be a decent GTA protagonist for being annoying, sad, emo and a crybaby all the time.

Sorry, but I feel when people describe Niko as being an emo or a cry baby they never paid full attention to the story. One of the reasons I love Niko is he tells it exactly how it is. At the time he was a breath of fresh air. Most protagonists (generally not just GTA) came across as 1 dimensional pyschos or saw everything as sunshine and happiness. I liked how Niko showed a spine and developed a critique on American society.

In regards to Luis like I said before I don't find him to be that bad, but he comes across as more generic and stock to me than Niko and Johnny do. He's the young ladies man without any real ulterior motive.

Left4TheUndead

Why does everyone seem to dislike Trevor?

He is a underdeveloped prick

Tyla

One thing I notice about Luis is his mission dialogue just goes round and round. It never goes anywhere except I don't want to end up back in prison this or Tony you're sh*t with money that. Compared to Niko and Johnny there's very little that develops him.

I don't dislike TBOGT or Luis that much but he feels empty. Not the worst, just empty.

MrVance

The more i play TBoGT (i bought it only few weeks ago, i haven`t played it before that) the more i like this game. It`s f*cking awesome. It will never beat IV but it is pretty close to it. The new crazy sports cars, crazy mind blowing nitrous during triathlon, new set of weapons, LC cage fighting, great gang wars, Tony- a neurotic but at the same time symphatic and funny character, Yusuf Amir- the legend of GTA characters, explosive shotgun shells, base jumping and not to mention extremely fun action-movie-like missions with checkpoints..

I really can`t understand why so many people don`t like this game. Sure has a colorfull and a little gay theme but it suits the story. And Luis is far from being a bad protag. Just because we don`t know much about his background that doesn`t mean he sucks.

It`s a good game thus unfortunatelly too short. 26 main storyline missions isn`t enough to get attached to the protag like you did with Niko i.e. but i`m sure if this wouldn`t be just a DLC pack and it would have like 80 or 90 missions, the opinions on Luis would be quite different.

Fuzzknuckles

For me, the worst is Johnny. He moans his way through all of TLAD, popping at the drug users, the wasters, acting like he's going for golden redemption, then when we catch up with him in V, he's gone back to it. What a prick.

MrVance

For me, the worst is Johnny. He moans his way through all of TLAD, popping at the drug users, the wasters, acting like he's going for golden redemption, then when we catch up with him in V, he's gone back to it. What a prick.

You need to blame R* on that one. They came up with the silly idea of Johnny getting killed by some scrawny and sickly looking retard of Trevor in V. I˙m sure that a though biker, oak-like build survavilst like Johnny wouldn`t got killed like that in real life. Especially not by some out of shape bipolar maniac.

Johnny is great protagonist and it was really dumb from R* what they did with him in V. When i saw that first time i was so f*cking shocked i just couldn`t move for a moment. That was one of the worst moments in my gaming experience. I was as almost shocked as when John Marston died in the last mission in RDR.

Edited by MrVance

Real_Badgirl

He's down there, yes. The problem with Luis is the fact that he's boring and doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, Claude was practically a blank slate, but voice acting was still iffy back in 2001 so I give him a pass. Luis had no excuse to be boring. By the end of the game, we barely know anything about the guy.

MrVance

He's down there, yes. The problem with Luis is the fact that he's boring and doesn't have much of a personality. Sure, Claude was practically a blank slate, but voice acting was still iffy back in 2001 so I give him a pass. Luis had no excuse to be boring. By the end of the game, we barely know anything about the guy.

Sure his not as interesting as Niko but you can`t say he is boring. I have to go with IV having better storyline than TBoGT but when it comes to the missions overall, TBoGT has even slightly better ones. Missions in this game are really fascinating. I can`t remember a GTA game where i enjoyed doing missions so much as i do in TBoGT. And the game itself has the most amount of actually amusing things you can do after the main storyline is finished. Not to mention Vice fm, the best radio station in whole HD era.

Try to play this game some more and get into it and you`ll eventualy love it. Besides what`s more funny than watching gay Tony on the edge of his nerve break while half of mafia families in LC are on his ass lol.

SemideyOne

I think this is to show Luis' lack of morality.. Just look at what he says when he's aiming at someone or kills someone.

Webster.

Luis is better than Franklin and Niko.

Nah, I think that I hugely disagree with you there and the fact that you said in another comment that Luis is better than Johnny is making me wonder about you :blink:

Out of all of the protagonists dialogues, Luis has the worst. That sh*tty slang that uses does my head in "Oi ye yo bro". His dialogue would literally frustrate me when I played the game. His friends are complete fools and Tony doesn't do anything but get the pair of them into trouble. Luis proves that he knows what the difference between wrong and right is, but yet he continues to hang around with dicks. I think he's the worst protagonist because he just sits and bitches all day. He doesn't sort anything out in his life and the solution for him is to just moan about things. He generally has the worst personality. Fair enough that Rockstar should of added him as a character in the game but I think crediting him as the protagonist just doesn't sit well for me.

Red Hat

He isn't the best nor is he the worst. The way he walks is kinda awkward.

Edited by Kevin3014

woggleman

What is so wrong with Luis getting laid? Part of being a criminal is getting laid and he actually lives the life Brucie brags about.