2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wiizardii

Is luiz lopez the worst GTA protagonist of all time?

Niobium

Oh i forgot to mention there is one thing i don`t like about Luis and maybe this is 1 of the reasons why some of you don`t like him;

he seems to lack of action during the shootouts, he is more quiet and he doesn`t yell like a maniac as Johnny did "f*ck YOU f*ck YOU f*ck YOU..." or Niko "AAAARGHHHH I`LL RIP YOUR f*ckING HEARTS OUT"..That yelling makes a shooting missions more alive and Luis doesn`t do that. So this is the only thing i miss in TBOGT.

you are right, but he still had some yelling, such as "F*CK YOU! I SAID, F*CK YOU!"

pentaxian

"of all time?" certainly not. franklin is pretty whiny (hence annoying), and vic vance was also pretty dumb since his MO was to constantly save his loser gf and wacked out brother.

Payne Killer

Oh i forgot to mention there is one thing i don`t like about Luis and maybe this is 1 of the reasons why some of you don`t like him;

he seems to lack of action during the shootouts, he is more quiet and he doesn`t yell like a maniac as Johnny did "f*ck YOU f*ck YOU f*ck YOU..." or Niko "AAAARGHHHH I`LL RIP YOUR f*ckING HEARTS OUT"..That yelling makes a shooting missions more alive and Luis doesn`t do that. So this is the only thing i miss in TBOGT.

you are right, but he still had some yelling, such as "F*CK YOU! I SAID, F*CK YOU!"

At least he says funny things when killing cops. In V they just blurt stuff I don't even remember.

fefenc

At least he says funny things when killing cops. In V they just blurt stuff I don't even remember.

I laughed when Luis asked a cop chasing him (or me?):

"- Have I ever seen you in Hercules before?"

Edited by fefenc

Payne Killer

I laughed when Luis asked a cop chasing him (or me?):

"- Have I ever seen you in Hercules before?"

Lol

PhillBellic

Luis is far, far, far, far, much better than Trevor. Trevor was a waste of development time if you ask me.

Cheers.

MrVance

Have you notested how the protags of small titles like DLC packs (VCS, LCS, EFLC) aren`t popular amongs the majority of the fans? I think it`s again about the damn popularity. The bigger the title is, the more popular the protag will be. But we aren`t all like that. Some of us just don`t give a sh*t about whether is the main title or just a DLC pack, if i like the protag i`ll like him no matter of all.

And i like Luis, i like his endless loyalty towards gay Tony, i like his braveness and toughness.

But if you look at the polls on the internet you`ll see that only protags of major titles get majority of fans while the smaller ones (Luis, Johnny, Toni, Vic) gets only a couple of votes.

PhillBellic

Have you notested how the protags of small titles like DLC packs (VCS, LCS, EFLC) aren`t popular amongs the majority of the fans? I think it`s again about the damn popularity. The bigger the title is, the more popular the protag will be. But we aren`t all like that. Some of us just don`t give a sh*t about whether is the main title or just a DLC pack, if i like the protag i`ll like him no matter of all.

And i like Luis, i like his endless loyalty towards gay Tony, i like his braveness and toughness.

But if you look at the polls on the internet you`ll see that only protags of major titles get majority of fans while the smaller ones (Luis, Johnny, Toni, Vic) gets only a couple of votes.

I just so happen to like Johnny Klebbitz, Toni Cipriani and Victor Vance more than Luis. I don't know if it is the setting of those sub-games at play but that's just me. Also LCS and VCS were following on from the immense popularity of GTA SA and as a result they would have had a hard time to gain more popularity. Thoughts?

Cheers.

MrVance

I just so happen to like Johnny Klebbitz, Toni Cipriani and Victor Vance more than Luis. I don't know if it is the setting of those sub-games at play but that's just me. Also LCS and VCS were following on from the immense popularity of GTA SA and as a result they would have had a hard time to gain more popularity. Thoughts?

Cheers.

I like Kleibbitz too, real tough guy, typical biker hellraiser. A scary motherf*cker.

For me the best protags are Niko, Vic, Johnny and Luis.

simonp92

The problem with Luis is that we have no idea what his motivation is. Why is he soo loyal to Tony? Tony is kind of a goofball if you think about it. He's like Roman to Niko, or Lamar to Franklin: Always getting the protagonist into sh*t. Difference here is that Tony is not family or a childhood friend to Luis, Ultimately Luis and Tony's relationship is underdeveloped in TBOGT, and the whole story suffers for it.

theNGclan

I think we can all agree the worst protagonist is CJ.

Onett

Yeah, totally agree with you.

Can I be the first to say, WTF is up with the gif in your sig???

theNGclan

The universe, b0ss.

Onett

sorry b0ss

B Dawg

The universe, b0ss.

You remind me of Raul :lol:

Raul_Tejada.jpg

chainsoar

He's somewhere not quite at Trevor, hovering in the CJ zone for the worst protagonist title.

Say whaaaaaaat? CJ had plenty going for him. He was naive, but well-meaning in his own singleminded way, he cared deeply about family and community - although admittedly that community was a gang - and he fought for what he believed in. Of course, you're not likely to fully relate to those beliefs (unless you're currently working on chasing crack dealers out of your neighbourhood and snatching turf from rival gang members, of course), but you can surely relate to his emotional motivations, at least.

simonp92

He's somewhere not quite at Trevor, hovering in the CJ zone for the worst protagonist title.

Say whaaaaaaat? CJ had plenty going for him. He was naive, but well-meaning in his own singleminded way, he cared deeply about family and community - although admittedly that community was a gang - and he fought for what he believed in. Of course, you're not likely to fully relate to those beliefs (unless you're currently working on chasing crack dealers out of your neighbourhood and snatching turf from rival gang members, of course), but you can surely relate to his emotional motivations, at least.

CJ only had emotional motivations for gang life in the beginning of the game. He does absolutely nothing without Sweet or Kendl pushing him. He doesn't really care for the ganglife, seeing as he didn't return to LS until the very end of the game. I actually think R* did a better job of protraying Gang loyalty with The Lost and Damned, which was about 1/6 the lengh of San Andreas. CJ is pretty bad, probably not the worst, but he's up there.

JimmyFantastic

Why does everyone seem to dislike Trevor?

chainsoar

CJ only had emotional motivations for gang life in the beginning of the game. He does absolutely nothing without Sweet or Kendl pushing him. He doesn't really care for the ganglife, seeing as he didn't return to LS until the very end of the game. I actually think R* did a better job of protraying Gang loyalty with The Lost and Damned, which was about 1/6 the lengh of San Andreas. CJ is pretty bad, probably not the worst, but he's up there.

I thought the reverse was true, personally. He cared little for the gang at the beginning until they started to win back some turf and he saw that it could be done.

simonp92

To me it's because he behaves like an antagonist, he's a dick to Ron, Wade and Floyd. Try to compare him to other antagonists like Vlad, Marty and Steve Haines. With those three, you just knew they were gonna be trouble, seeing as how they treated others. Trevor is the same way, only he's not an antagonist.

Kampret

A very unnecessary character. Highly nonsensical, narrow minded dick. He should've only be an ally, just like Lester.

AnDReJ98

CJ is a toy. Trevor is idiot, and Luis is worst.

Bare

No, Michael and Johnny were worse than him. He's not the best protagonist but far from the worst.

theNGclan

No, Michael and Johnny were worse than him. He's not the best protagonist but far from the worst.

can you give some reasoning on how two well rounded characters do not surpass a joke of a character?

Bare

can you give some reasoning on how two well rounded characters do not surpass a joke of a character?

Well first of all I think all three of them are well rounded characters. However I don't really like Michael because he sold his crew out to the FIB, married a stripper and failed as a father and raised two spoiled kids with many issues. As the story of GTA V went on I started to like him more but he's still my least favorite protagonist. As for Johnny, he fell in love with a junkie which ended up getting him killed. I can't respect a protagonist with such a pathetic weakness.

Edited by BaRe 2G

simonp92

Well first of all I think all three of them are well rounded characters. However I don't really like Michael because he sold his crew out to the FIB, married a stripper and failed as a father and raised two spoiled kids with many issues. As the story of GTA V went on I started to like him more but he's still my least favorite protagonist. As for Johnny, he fell in love with a junkie which ended up getting him killed. I can't respect a protagonist with such a pathetic weakness.

Johnny's flaws is what makes him believeable. R* did take them way too far in GTA V though.

As for Michael; he wanted to settle down. Atleast he thought he did. And when you saw how Trevor treated people it was obvious why Michael did what he did. But yes, he's definitely a sh*tty father.

Edited by simonp92

theNGclan

So you would pick your friends over your family?

Bare

So you would pick your friends over your family?

If picking my family meant sending one of my friends to prison and getting the other killed then yes. But Amanda was a stripper he should never have started a family with her in the first place.

KY Jello

The problem with Luis is that we have no idea what his motivation is. Why is he soo loyal to Tony? Tony is kind of a goofball if you think about it. He's like Roman to Niko, or Lamar to Franklin: Always getting the protagonist into sh*t. Difference here is that Tony is not family or a childhood friend to Luis, Ultimately Luis and Tony's relationship is underdeveloped in TBOGT, and the whole story suffers for it.

I think its because Tony is sort of a father figure to him since his real dad abandoned him along with his family when he was young and after Luis was released from prison Tony set him up with a job and pretty much introduced him to the high life.

simonp92

I think its because Tony is sort of a father figure to him since his real dad abandoned him along with his family when he was young and after Luis was released from prison Tony set him up with a job and pretty much introduced him to the high life.

I think you're right, since that's the only logical explanation I can think of. However, because of the short lengh of TBOGT, the relationships is not done very well. so for the player it is very hard to relate.

TBOGT could easily, have been it's own GTA game starting with Luis getting out of prison, however as it stands it fells really short in the story and character portion.

Edited by simonp92