2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

story line twists you thought were gonna happen but didn't

kevin de santa

kevin de santa

But didn't. I thought Lamar would turn on frank. I thought devin would get annoyed at frank. And lure Lamar with money to clip frank. When they Lamar and Devin meet I thought it was gonna happen. Anyone twists you thought would happen. But didn't

I thought Madrazo was gonna play a bigger role, like maybe kidnap Franklin, or send some men after Trevor and Mike....But nope.....

TheGodDamnMaster

I thought the story was going to get good eventually.

But anyway, I was expecting that Michael was going to turn on the other two like he did to Trevor and Brad in North Yankton.

Edited by WhatsStrength

gFNsyFepSNK2dgwT5xpc_nintendo-games-gif_

Intel Core i9-9900k | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX2070 | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

This isn't really a bitching thread, it's just discussion.

Anyways, I originally thought that Lamar was going to die in some point of the story, especially in Lamar Down. But fortunately he continues to live. <3

Edited by Kalvin

I had an increasing suspicion that Jimmy's little rant during the mission "Meltdown" was gonna get him shot in the head by some f*cking sniper, and that the game would suddenly take a dark turn.

You know the one? When he pops out of the top of the limo and starts boasting/being a dumbass.

I thought that maybe Weston's mercs were following Michael's stretch or something. No such luck though, unfortunately.

Edited by Xerukal

TheGodDamnMaster

I had an increasing suspicion that Jimmy's little rant during the mission "Meltdown" was gonna get him shot in the head by some f*cking sniper, and that the game would suddenly take a dark turn.

You know the one? When he pops out of the top of the limo and starts boasting/being a dumbass.

I thought that maybe Weston's mercs were following Michael's stretch or something. No such luck though, unfortunately.

I was half expecting Tracy or Amanda to die back at the house.

• Like 4

gFNsyFepSNK2dgwT5xpc_nintendo-games-gif_

Intel Core i9-9900k | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX2070 | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

CarlitoDorito

I thought michael was gonna wake up and we find out the whole game was a dream, but no.

I thought Wade do something other than sit at the strip club, I didn't expect Haines to get killed, I though the Triads would of actually done something. I expected to be more interaction with gangs and leaders, more drugs and more missions in general.

Even though he's my favorite protag, I thought Michael was going to end up f*cking everyone over.

kevin de santa

Guys I love GTA v. This is not a thread bitching about the game. OT jimmy being sniped would of been cool would of shocked me. Another thing I thought would happen was Franklin and Tracey especially when Amanda called frank. I thought Tracey would call and it would go from there

AzelfandQuilava

I thought that Lamar was gonna die in "Lamar Down", and I also thought that Dave was going to turn on Michael in "The Wrap Up", thankfully none of those happened.

I thought that Lamar was gonna die in "Lamar Down", and I also thought that Dave was going to turn on Michael in "The Wrap Up", thankfully none of those happened.

Official General

I thought Madrazo was gonna turn out to be the main antagonist in form of a brutal, evil Mexican drug lord. WRONG. I thought Franklin would team up with Lamar to make the Families a strong gang again and gang wars would erupt, WRONG. I had no idea Haines and Weston would be the antagonists.

Edited by Official General
talk about the game, not other members.
  • Like 5

TheDeaconBosco

I thought for sure that Trevor would have to look after Michael's family when Mike couldn't himself, leading to comedic hijinks of Trevor dealing with Mike's progeny, it writes itself.

I thought they foreshadowed it by having Jimmy & Tracey go "OMGDadYou'reSuchAPsychoKillerIHateYou" when Michael actually saved both their asses in self defense, but kissed the ground Unca T stepped on, there's even an optional phonecall where Tracey flatout says to Michael she wished she was Trevor's daughter.

It would have been actually pretty funny to see Trevor antagonise people that deserved it for a change and made the two brats realize how better off they were with their dad, and maybe show some regret over how awful they were, rather than just have Michael seem like the bad guy every time.

Name-IV-Classique.png

kevin de santa

Trevor dealing with jimmy a and Tracey would of been hilarious. I liked franklin before then game came out I thought be would be a cj clone. So I'm glad he doesn't really have that many gang missions thats GTA sa IMO I really wanted to kill Devin and he went after Michaels family and Haines well as Trevor would say I WANTED TO ICE THAT f*ckER SINCE THE MOMENT I MEET HIM

WorldWideFM

I thought Dave Norton was Brad. :sui:

Stupid I know, definitely one of the most foolish thoughts I've ever had, I usually have a pretty good barometer for what's going on in fiction, that was the point where I seriously lost it.

Anyway I had this thought because at the time, I was wrapped up in the excitement and didn't realise that the third guy in the prologue was Brad. But also Michael mentions that Trevor recognizes Dave (I think he says something like "He made you right away") whilst making it clear that Brad isn't in prison... so I briefly thought that the story would develop in that kind of direction, that Brad and Michael had betrayed Trevor at the cash depot job, had gone to live new lives, and with Trevor back on the scene you'd have the classic "unraveling conspiracy" tale that we've all seen at some point in our lives. M+D would work with increasing desperation to protect the original story and keep T off the scent, T would know something is up and make moves towards working out what it actually was, F would get caught up in the middle as both sides try to manipulate him into doing their dirty work - you get the idea.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous in hindsight but for a day or whatever I actually thought it could happen. It sounds like the kind of garbage that GTAF trolls come out with though.

TheDeaconBosco

Trevor dealing with jimmy a and Tracey would of been hilarious. I liked franklin before then game came out I thought be would be a cj clone. So I'm glad he doesn't really have that many gang missions thats GTA sa IMO I really wanted to kill Devin and he went after Michaels family and Haines well as Trevor would say I WANTED TO ICE THAT f*ckER SINCE THE MOMENT I MEET HIM

As I've said it writes itself, there's literally a million ways to exploit this idea, Trevor could "motivate" jimmy to lose pounds by chasing him in his Bohdi whenever he's going on a bike ride, make him swim 5 miles in the Pacific Ocean or threaten to abandon him. Force Tracey to get a job and have her help Chef cooking meth, and bury all of her boyfriends in the quarry.

Jim and Trace sure are lucky to have an uncle that loves them so much. :evilgrin:

I thought Dave Norton was Brad. :sui:

Stupid I know, definitely one of the most foolish thoughts I've ever had, I usually have a pretty good barometer for what's going on in fiction, that was the point where I seriously lost it.

Anyway I had this thought because at the time, I was wrapped up in the excitement and didn't realise that the third guy in the prologue was Brad. But also Michael mentions that Trevor recognizes Dave (I think he says something like "He made you right away") whilst making it clear that Brad isn't in prison... so I briefly thought that the story would develop in that kind of direction, that Brad and Michael had betrayed Trevor at the cash depot job, had gone to live new lives, and with Trevor back on the scene you'd have the classic "unraveling conspiracy" tale that we've all seen at some point in our lives. M+D would work with increasing desperation to protect the original story and keep T off the scent, T would know something is up and make moves towards working out what it actually was, F would get caught up in the middle as both sides try to manipulate him into doing their dirty work - you get the idea.

It sounds absolutely ridiculous in hindsight but for a day or whatever I actually thought it could happen. It sounds like the kind of garbage that GTAF trolls come out with though.

You get points for originality, but as crooked as the feds are I don't think convicted felons would be accepted there.

GTAF trolls came up with even more stupid sh*t like Trevor and Michael being brothers, and Aunt Denise being Kendl Johnson.

Edited by TheDeaconBosco

Name-IV-Classique.png

I thought Franklin and Tracy were gonna bang eventually, but nope!

kevin de santa

OFF TOPIc but are gtaf trolls GTA forms trolls stupid question rally stupid

Official General

Oh another I forgot.....

I expected the theme of the game's story to be about be "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" that involved carrying out heists for personal gain of riches. I had no idea most of the heists would revolve around being a b*tch to federal and government agents, doing errands and big jobs for them, and hardly getting paid for most of them too.

That was a major twist I never expected.

I thought michael was gonna wake up and we find out the whole game was a dream, but no.

Settle down M. Night Shylamidingdong!

LibertyKing

1. I thought Micheal, Trevor and Franklin would team up to break into the prison and get Brad out, but it turned out Brad died in 2004 and there are no mission set in the prison.

I thought the last heist would go wrong and one of the protagonist would die, relative to choices you made earlier in the story.

I thought the Mile High Club would be finished by the end of the game and a mission would be set there. (Not really a twist.)

not really a story line twist, but i thought that north yankton was actually a part of san andreas.

I thought brad was still alive and the prison would be the last heist. To my disappointment it did not happen :(

Oh another I forgot.....

I expected the theme of the game's story to be about be "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" that involved carrying out heists for personal gain of riches. I had no idea most of the heists would revolve around being a b*tch to federal and government agents, doing errands and big jobs for them, and hardly getting paid for most of them too.

lf6fWEe.jpg

Shadowfennekin

I thought Franklin would die in option 3. To my disappointment... he didn't

Payne Killer

Oh another I forgot.....

lf6fWEe.jpg

Hilarious

Alpha Demigod

I thought the story would be memorable, compelling, well-written, mature, better twists, better character development, and overall something that was worthy of the world's largest game franchise.

I thought the story would be memorable, compelling, well-written, mature, better twists, better character development, and overall something that was worthy of the world's largest game franchise.

^ This is my mature answer

Honestly the game was so bland I knew nothing exciting would happen

Edited by im_stoned