Kill Death Ratio...

ohhnahnahwhatsmyname

ohhnahnahwhatsmyname

How do they work? I swear mine has been stuck round the same number forever! I wanna get it up. Do jobs count towards it? I notice in lobbys people who are out killin peeps over n over in a jet have pretty high ones but that's a b*tch move in my eyes.

• Like 1

maybeanotherone

i kill people all the time from a jet so my kd naturally rose to over 5.

it's an irrelevant stat though and i don't go out of my way to boost it.

kdr is but a number regardless of which one it is, for all i care i'd love to reset it and escape the false notion i'm either a griefer or a superawesome player.

no, i just come across way too many assholes who live to care and brag about kd.

i play for fun, and i'll play however i want in a game i paid for. i don't subscribe to this virtual honor bullcrap.

i'm not a kid overcompensating and having time to care about virtual stats.

gtao is not my dayjob.

Edited by maybeanotherone
  • Like 1

Arrows to Athens

How do they work? I swear mine has been stuck round the same number forever! I wanna get it up. Do jobs count towards it? I notice in lobbys people who are out killin peeps over n over in a jet have pretty high ones but that's a b*tch move in my eyes.

You need to die less. Otherwise the number won't increase a decimal.

RandallFlagg00

Kd doesn't matter in this game. Oftentimes people with high ones are just tank/jet griefers.

But yes, if you get killed in a job by another player running you over, that lowers you. GTA races count. Obv deathmatches count

• Like 3

Biggie Kaniff

lol nice nick OP. You need to learn how kdr works. If you die too much compared to how much you kill your kdr won't get any higher.

This might help you.

And yeah kdr doesn't matter. Someone with really high kdr can suck in pvp, since they got it by reverse driving in an entity or used a tank/jet.

Don't bother about kdr, just have fun. :)

ohhnahnahwhatsmyname

was just a genuine curious q, I mean once you are a high rank n have unlocked everything might aswell try achieve something else along the way so increasing my KD ratio seemed like a good idea. geez.

• Like 1

Red Lynx 23

I'm more interested in the unlockable tattoos, which there are still one or two I want. And a few weapon skins to unlock. Orange for my assault shotgun, LSPD for the carbine.

Maya Echo Visari

'Don't bother with it. K/D Ratio in this game has so many descrepancies and it's completely obsolete/shouldn't be paid attention to. I wonder why it should even be a statistic in this game. It simply provokes people into doing the unnecessary, like stat-padding in a jet or tank and throws lower levels into harm's way when a high-ranking player who treats the game as a way of life gets himself/herself into a lobby full of low-levels.

Please don't bother with it. I find that you have so much more fun when you don't care about statistics. The only statistic I understand people caring about is race wins, but given the creator-mode and custom vehicles, slipstream and catchup, - Even that is a little sketchy.

Too many ways to die by odds that are staggered against you.. It's almost asking you to not take it too seriously.

But hey, go play GTA Online Game Battles if that suits you *giggles*

Edited by SevDoggX

Oddly enough, its strange that people would admit to how they got theirs. This thread is some wierd alternate universe, where gamers stand by their actions and take responsibilty for achievements gotten with less than skilled actions. Amazing......

As for the KD, as others have pointed out, its pointless. Most high KD's are ill gotten and even average KD's are half fake, since many players just play with friends and kill for the fun of it. Personally I dont even look at my stats for this title. Its hardly a shooter, in the standard sense. More of a lark than a game to take seriously. Gimme dolla bills and cars, the rest is just fluff.

something's wrong with you 0.0-1.3

playing against A-lists 1.3-1.8

playing against randoms 2.0-4.0

jet/tank 4.0-8.0

some bullsh*t 8.0 onwards

mixed playstyle is in between of all

i was doing freeroam bullsh*t for 9 months reaching 3.5kd

then started deathmatch with a-lists gone down to 2.2 (effective kd is between 1.6-1.7)

Edited by Rwande

Play deathmatches mine has rocketed , once you get good at them that is

Particularly forced pistol, many people have neglected there skill at single head shots, sniper based ones work well although there are huge gaps. Make sure it's a team deathmatch normal = kill get shot in the back.

You're PVP K/D is based on how many times you kill other players vs how many times they kill you. For example, if your K/D is 2.0, that means you kill other players twice as much as they kill you. The more you kill other players without being killed, the higher your K/D will climb. The more other players kill you, the lower it goes. I've seen legit K/Ds as high as 6.5 and as low as .10.

KD ratio is unimportant,got it!

WRONG! The higher your PVP K/D the better the killer you are. The better the killer you are the more likely you are to get into the elite crews, like the one I'm in. The higher your legit, earned K/D the better shooter you become.

the more likely you are to get into the elite crews, like the one I'm in.

LMAO.....Thats all, just lmao...

• Like 2

StevenCrowtown

I thought suicide bombing people would raise my k/d but its not even raising my killed players number... wonder why...

spaceace2012

God mode... Or more correctly... CHEAT MODE has now officially destroyed taking K/D Ratio seriously forever. Add this to players killing then running off to hide... Or hiding in Tanks and Jets... Or high levels preying on new players and low levels means it was never anything that meant much and most often has little to with experience or skill or gained in an actual fair fight. There are some who are legit but I've seen MANY players with outrageous modded stats numbers too. Forget stats, they've lost any meaning and as it's just a game, and one which is only in fashion right now, I guarantee no one will be remembered for their K/D stats. You kill, you die, you respawn... You just play and have fun. Until the next BIG THING comes along. ;) - spACE

Edited by spaceace2012

ohhnahnahwhatsmyname

yep, was in a lobby with a major hacker/modder whatever people call them - his KD was 697 and he was butt raping/making people strip/do press ups n all...lol, I have officially given up on bothering 2 try get my KD up a bit I mean a girl tried yaaaal.

Maya Echo Visari

yep, was in a lobby with a major hacker/modder whatever people call them - his KD was 697 and he was butt raping/making people strip/do press ups n all...lol, I have officially given up on bothering 2 try get my KD up a bit I mean a girl tried yaaaal.

what?

ohhnahnahwhatsmyname

what?

Where'd I lose you? Summed up = I won't be trying nor caring about KD ratio anymore O:-)

Maya Echo Visari

yep, was in a lobby with a major hacker/modder whatever people call them - he was butt raping/making people strip/do press ups n all...lol,

Right here, - But don't bother clearing it up. I did a little investigating.

I never seen that before honestly. 'Must be an.. 'illuminating' experience to some people.

i kill people all the time from a jet so my kd naturally rose to over 5.

it's an irrelevant stat though and i don't go out of my way to boost it.

kdr is but a number regardless of which one it is, for all i care i'd love to reset it and escape the false notion i'm either a griefer or a superawesome player.

no, i just come across way too many assholes who live to care and brag about kd.

i play for fun, and i'll play however i want in a game i paid for. i don't subscribe to this virtual honor bullcrap.

i'm not a kid overcompensating and having time to care about virtual stats.

gtao is not my dayjob.

Not irrelevant at all. The higher the K/D the better shooter you are, the better shooter you are, the better killer you are. My K/D is almost 8 and the higher it goes, the faster my guns shoot, no joke.