Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,730 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
FurryMonkey2

Account reinstatement request

Question

FurryMonkey2

Hi. Sorry for the 2nd account but I did email [email protected] and it got rejected.

I asked for my account to be "busted" a while back due to real world commitments. I'd like it reinstated now please, and obviously get rid of this one in the process. My original username is Furry_Monkey.

18 answers to this question

Azazel

As this was carried out prior to the policy change, I think we'll make an exception and unban your old account. I messaged an admin who should sort you out when he has a moment. :)

Titania

Due to recent policy, moderators no longer ban / unban on request.

Killzone3265

...because they apparently cant unban after being permabanned anymore

FurryMonkey2

So what do I do then? I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant). Can I contact an administrator to do this?

Killzone3265

i dont remember exactly what the mods said, you can ask them

but im pretty sure that something happened which wont let them or admins unban a permanently banned account

slohbur

You can ask an admin to change your name to FurryMonkey and use this account you now created. Its not possible anymore to "revive" banned accounts.

Xyn

So what do I do then? I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant).

Should've thought of that when you "left".

You requested to be 'banned', not 'on vacation'.

FurryMonkey2

You can ask an admin to change your name to FurryMonkey and use this account you now created. Its not possible anymore to "revive" banned accounts.

Any idea how I can get in touch with an admin? I couldn't find anything anywhere about contacting them, other than the email address that doesn't work.

Kiffster

Why people ask for their accounts to be banned instead of just leaving I'll never understand

FurryMonkey2

Any idea how I can get in touch with an admin? I couldn't find anything anywhere about contacting them, other than the email address that doesn't work.

Titania

You'll just have to make a new thread, or ask it here and if a senior moderator sees it I'm sure they will help you.

FurryMonkey2

So what do I do then? I don't want to have a secondary account as I have existing threads that I'll want to return to (when relevant).

I didn't actually give a reason for wanting to leave. I wasn't aware that that was a requirement, and it was, as I said, real life commitments and therefore not relevant to anyone on here. It's not as if I left (or was "banned") because I was a trouble maker. Quite the contrary, actually.

FurryMonkey2

You'll just have to make a new thread, or ask it here and if a senior moderator sees it I'm sure they will help you.

Thanks Franceska. I'll leave it in this 1 thread and hope someone relevant sees it, rather than spam another one. Spamming wouldn't be the best return in the world, would it? :p

TJGM

I didn't actually give a reason for wanting to leave. I wasn't aware that that was a requirement, and it was, as I said, real life commitments and therefore not relevant to anyone on here. It's not as if I left (or was "banned") because I was a trouble maker. Quite the contrary, actually.

No, but you did get banned because you asked to be banned instead of just logging out and not returning. New policy means you won't get unbanned and I doubt even an admin will give you your account back because that defeats the purpose of the policy.

FurryMonkey2

No, but you did get banned because you asked to be banned instead of just logging out and not returning. New policy means you won't get unbanned and I doubt even an admin will give you your account back because that defeats the purpose of the policy.

Yeah, thanks - that's already been cleared up. I'm waiting for someone with the correct privileges to rename this account now, as stated above :)

TJGM

Woops, guess I didn't read correctly. I thought you were waiting on an admin to give you your account back. Pretty sure a name change won't be a problem though.

FurryMonkey2

As this was carried out prior to the policy change, I think we'll make an exception and unban your old account. I messaged an admin who should sort you out when he has a moment. :)

Many thanks. I really appreciate your help :)

uNi

Account unbanned.