NPC placing bounties on you

Dannyharwood

Dannyharwood

Ok while I don't mind a bounty being placed on me after hijacking a car, it can be sometimes be inconvenient but I like a good chase around the city, but the last mission I just did I spawned where it ended (in the middle of nowhere) but sometimes there is a car spawned right in front of you, usually a karin asterope so logically I presume it's for me as I'm on a massive hill, but as I get in it I get a 'you stole my ride motherf*cker you'll be on the slab soon' text. It wasn't so bad because no one bothered to try and claim it, probably because it was only a grand, but I decided to go to the clothes shop and when I come back out of the shop and get back in the car and then I get another bounty worth five grand because I stole his ride.

Has this happened to anyone else?

If they are unlocked, they usually don't give me issue.

but are you saying you got in one of those free cars, waited for your bounty to clear (as nobody bothered to try and claim it) got out of the car after your bounty expired, went shopping and got back in the same car and got another bounty?

did you have to break into this car, at any time? if so, it was stolen and not a free car.

also, why wouldn't you call for your own, presumably more superior vehicle, to be delivered, while you shopped?

Dannyharwood

Yes I got in the car that spawned in front of me and it was unlocked no smashing windows or hot wiring needed and I didn't call for my PV because I already had this car and didn't need to worry about it getting blown up

If you want to avoid bounties from car thefts, then do the following :

Enable passive mode

Steal car

Drive for a bit

Disable passive mode

You shouldn't get a bounty with this trick, but remember not to go off passive mode right away, wait a few seconds.

xX_HailHydra_Xx

i hate everything about NPCs giving you bounties but if they didnt do that then there would be barely any bounties to capture in gta online.