Google Trends says PC gamers are most interested in the new version

utack

I was having a quick look into Google Trends what was searched most.

I compared the terms "gta 5 pc", "gta 5 ps4" and "gta 5 xbox one".

Results clearly indicate the interest in the new console versions are nowhere near close as the interest in the PC version.

People were also much more interested in it on launch of the original last gen version than they are now. (release of the ps4 trailer is marked with the red A)

ifcbIGSMJ2gaL.png

Here you can see for yourself.

I really cant blame people, i just refuse to blame them, that's the results of this silence (strategy ?), people !,it's a clear sign that this strategy is a failure, something i've been aware for sometime, my hype decreased to the point, i don't know what to expect know and when, i have enough of this uncertainty, and im sure all of you too, at this point i just want to finish the game because of the passion for the past titles,nothing more. I have enough Snapmatic updates, drawings, Crews info, ENOUGH,ENOUGH,ENOUGH. Sometimes enough is enough.

I think one reason for these results is the fact that the user bases of the new consoles are still fairly small, especially compared to established systems like the PC. PC releases are always highly anticipated given that it's Grand Theft Auto, which is popular for the incredible modding possibilities. I'm wondering what the pre-order stats will look like and of course the sales figures.

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 3

It would be kind of cool if Rockstar released their steam sale stats for GTA IV before GTA V releases, won't happen but that would still be interesting to see.

Interest is decreasing steady but surely, they need to release the pc version ASAP, or risk loosing a good chunk of the pc market.(cough piratebay cough)

Edited by qweqwu

Pre order stats will say otherwise though, I'm pretty sure about it.

A lot of Pc gamers will buy it digitally. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't pre "order" a digital version of the game yet.

Funny enough the index is highest in countrys where usually piracy is high on PC games. I am originally from east of europe so I know very well how things work there :D At the queries seems popular gta 5 download and like ps3 emulator.

So statistics are not real reflection of the interest in PC version. Is just because like I said pircacy is high and most popular platform to pirate games there is PC.

Edited by liniuxs

Of course it's highest on PC, it would have been that way even before itb was announced on PC as mass PC gamers started petitions, flooding YouTube videos, FaceBook, News Wire, etc, screaming, PC, PC, PC, and saying how terrible Rockstar are, etc.

Sales wise though, PC will still be one of the lowest, MUH MASTER RACE.

Yes. Because jailbreaking a PS4/XBOX ONE would make the console useless for legal online gaming. Otherwise the numbers would be equal.

So many folks asked for a PC version and now when we can finally have it: "R* IS STUPID. RELEASING IT SO LATE!11!!! I WILL PUNISH THEM. I WILL ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME. NEXT TIME THEY RELEASE IT NEXT TO CONSOLES".

But basically this leads to the opposite. Low numbers are causing R* to shutdown the PC version because of the high production costs against low sales rates. So GG piracy idiots. Show R* who is the boss until the next GTA games are console only.

No, the numbers are low because they release it so late, why should #pc master race suffer because of #console peasants, if they release it so late, then don't expect me to buy it.

No, the numbers are low because they release it so late, why should #pc master race suffer because of #console peasants, if they release it so late, then don't expect me to buy it.

That is a poor way of looking at things.

Base your purchase off of the quality of the PC version, not how long it took to get here. Because if it ends up being an amazing PC version that runs on a wide range of hardware, then you'd know that all of this wait time was well deserved and needed in order for the PC version to be the best it can be.

However, if it's poorly optimized and just overall poorly executed, don't buy it.

It's really simple. There's no need to get uppity about wait times. Especially when circumstances regarding said wait times seem to be unknown to us. By that I mean, we don't know what happened inside of Rockstar Games for there to be such a huge delay between console and PC releases, BUT any person with common sense can see that the reason this whole thing happened is because of NG consoles.

Let's say the PC version is finished. It most likely is, but I bet they're taking the extra time given to them by NG consoles to maybe polish it up a bit. Why do you think we're still waiting? Because a simultaneous PC & NG release is optimal in this situation.

It's a transition to a new generation. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, expect the natural order of things to be changed up. Like it was with V just now. Up until V, we were all used to GTA games releasing on PC at least a few months after the initial console launch. V changed this tradition because the NG consoles are now a factor to be taken into consideration. This will not happen again. Not in this console generation.

My main point is that this was a one-time thing. It's nothing to get alarmed about. Nothing worth the pitchforks you want to throw so badly.

Wait until release. If the PC version is good, buy it. if it isn't, don't.

Simple.

Also

Stop doing this. It only provokes responses like the one above me.

Edited by Xerukal
  • Like 2

PerfectBlade

I think both next gen versions and pc will be released in the same day...so chill out amigo.

And like Xerukal said, wait until the release, then you decide if you buy the game or not.

Why shouldn't a pc have priority? You forgot about old-gen btw...who have been playing it since november...

Release a pc version first, than console old, newgen, i don't give a f*ck.

Then you'll see how few pc users and how many console players will pirate the game.

Edited by qweqwu

Why shouldn't a pc have priority? You forgot about old-gen btw...who have been playing it since november...

Then you'll see how few pc users and how many console players will pirate the game.

Because the established player-base on PC is not as big as the established player-base on last gen consoles.

Prioritizing the PC version over other versions with significantly higher player-bases JUST to lower some piracy rates is not a good way to go about things. Especially considering the fact that piracy isn't the real issue here. At least, not as big of an issue as it was back 2007/2009.

The last gen versions were released first so that they can make the most money. There's also a milking strategy in there somewhere. The PC and NG versions are releasing together because it makes the most sense.

Some might believe that releasing the PC version before the new gen versions might damage new gen sales. But I don't know about that. Anyone who has both a capable gaming PC and a new gen console is going to buy it for their PC. Unless there is a very specific reason as to why they want to go with a PS4/XB1 version instead.

I'll tell you one thing, though. PC users won't get GTA Online by pirating V. And GTA Online is going to be a much bigger focus further down the line, when Rockstar stops updating GTA V's SM.

Edited by Xerukal

The last gen versions were released first so that they can make the most money. There's also a milking strategy in there somewhere. The PC and NG versions are releasing together because it makes the most sense.

/quote

I already know this, it has been discussed over and over.

My point was this, either release it first on pc, have less profit and less piracy, or shut the f*ck up and don't blame pc users for pirating a game you give them a year later than console.

Edited by qweqwu

I don't think they actually blamed piracy themselves. They might have? I forgot.

IV has apparently been doing well on PC, though (in the long-term). According to what Strauss Zelnick said two conference calls ago. (I brought this up several times already, I know)

Edited by Xerukal

Eternal Turnip

Pre order stats will say otherwise though, I'm pretty sure about it.

A lot of Pc gamers will buy it digitally. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't pre "order" a digital version of the game yet.

You can pre-order, I just pre-ordered the Steam version from CDKeys - if you like them on FB you get a 5% discount, it worked out at like £26 which I thought was worth it. Can't wait for release, sold my Xbox 360 last weekend so no more GTA V until PC release

I think one reason for these results is the fact that the user bases of the new consoles are still fairly small, especially compared to established systems like the PC. PC releases are always highly anticipated given that it's Grand Theft Auto, which is popular for the incredible modding possibilities. I'm wondering what the pre-order stats will look like and of course the sales figures.

Exactly this.

The New consoles are still young and the previous ones still have a lot of life and support ahead of them, so they can't possibly compete with the PC in this regard, not yet.

There's also the fact that a lot of people that have a PC don't have a console and don't own the game yet, contrary to many people that may have an Xbox1 or PS4, and one of the previous consoles too. Some people like to play on consoles and some on PC, and then a few on both. At least that's how i see it. So all in all it makes sense the PC version should sell more than the PS4/XB1, especially in the long term with PCs becoming more powerful, potential mods and Steam sales.

Of course it's highest on PC, it would have been that way even before itb was announced on PC as mass PC gamers started petitions, flooding YouTube videos, FaceBook, News Wire, etc, screaming, PC, PC, PC, and saying how terrible Rockstar are, etc.

dude, wtf? we all know youre a console person, but there's no need for this kind of ridiculousness.

edit: and no sh*t PC "will be the lowest", it's not in mainstream market like consoles are.

Edited by Snorlax

edit: and no sh*t PC "will be the lowest", it's not in mainstream market like consoles are.

Doubt it. The newer consoles aren't thaat wide spread yet.

Doubt it. The newer consoles aren't thaat wide spread yet.

Nor are "old" (PS3, 360) versus PS2.

dude, wtf? we all know youre a console person, but there's no need for this kind of ridiculousness.

I'm not anything, I haven't even played a game in like two months outside of demos on Steam, so technically that would make more a PC gamer huh?

Stop labeling me just because I speak negative about your platform of choice, I speak negative and positive about all of them, but if you are sitting there and thinking PC Gamers arn't a bunch of loud mouth whiners, then you're deluded, PC gaming comments, port begging, etc, is always a high traffic area on gaming websites. EVEN HERE, look how active the PC GTAV threads were, even having hardcore members who stuck around to analyze every single drop of water leaking out.

I'm not anything, I haven't even played a game in like two months outside of demos on Steam, so technically that would make more a PC gamer huh?

Stop labeling me just because I speak negative about your platform of choice, I speak negative and positive about all of them, but if you are sitting there and thinking PC Gamers arn't a bunch of loud mouth whiners, then you're deluded, PC gaming comments, port begging, etc, is always a high traffic area on gaming websites. EVEN HERE, look how active the PC GTAV threads were, even having hardcore members who stuck around to analyze every single drop of water leaking out.

It's called being a hardcore fan. Fine, you're not, but don't diss other people who are.

I'm not, but you have to accept the fact, PC Gamers ARE more vocal, PC Gamers are like THE most vocal, so naturally, searches monitoring trends are going to report back much higher for PC.

PS: And f*ck you for saying I'm not a fan, who was the one who helped shift through GTAV before it was released to detail all the radio stations, the cut tracks, the cut content, hidden things in the files, etc, to give you jerks something to talk about, when all I get on here is constant sh*t from you pricks the moment I speak slightly negative on your subject of choice, OH WAIT, I'm not stalking the Steam test build and jerking off everytime the activity log changes, guess I'm not a "hardcore" fan.

• Like 2

How about you guys stop with the off-topic bickering and discuss the topic at hand, if you already feel the need to reply to this thread?

Edited by Andreas

I'm not, but you have to accept the fact, PC Gamers ARE more vocal, PC Gamers are like THE most vocal, so naturally, searches monitoring trends are going to report back much higher for PC.PS: And f*ck you for saying I'm not a fan, who was the one who helped shift through GTAV before it was released to detail all the radio stations, the cut tracks, the cut content, hidden things in the files, etc, to give you jerks something to talk about, when all I get on here is constant sh*t from you pricks the moment I speak slightly negative on your subject of choice, OH WAIT, I'm not stalking the Steam test build and jerking off everytime the activity log changes, guess I'm not a "hardcore" fan.

alright ash let's calm down. I like what you've got to say. let's not fight these people

PS: And f*ck you for saying I'm not a fan, who was the one who helped shift through GTAV before it was released to detail all the radio stations, the cut tracks, the cut content, hidden things in the files, etc, to give you jerks something to talk about, when all I get on here is constant sh*t from you pricks the moment I speak slightly negative on your subject of choice, OH WAIT, I'm not stalking the Steam test build and jerking off everytime the activity log changes, guess I'm not a "hardcore" fan.

OTfHTTE.jpg

I said you're not a hardcore fan or at least you don't respect those who are, but thanks for the smile i got from this overreaction.

S1LV3R_W0LF

Why the fk people write taking arguments out o their ass?

"Bohooo, PC sales are low damn pirates".

FFS it's 2014, not 1999. The PC market is stronger then ever and you can see that by the interest of game companies in the PC platform, games once exclusive are making their way to the PC with a lot of enhancements. Yeah they are just dumb and they like to be nice to pirates so they don't attack their vessels or something.

The main goal of V it's not the SP, it's the online mode and that will be the reason for the sales of V and with a game that is optimized for a huge range of machines the sales will be a lot more then it was with IV for sure. people still use the numbers of a game that was launched broken and that less then 20% of gamers could actually play, without forgetting that is was also a game with more then an half year on top of it and lots of PC players had the game for console before, so they had no reason to buy it again... they grabbed a pirated copy just to mod it and still excused that action with the "I already bought the game I'm just testing the mods that my PC can't even run".

Bring a GTA title in exclusive for the PC first and release the consoles version 6 months - 1 year later to consoles and let's see how well it sells, oh and don't use the retailer numbers, those are a very small % of the real sales.

Peopel that didn't follow the gaming industry evolution will never understand the reality and how bad it was and how much it improved in the past 5 years, they'll keep attached to what some idiots stuck in time still use as an argument because they froze in time.

Oh and let's not use arguments from the old lady time, lets use recent news coming from the mouth of the big shots in the past months:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiappetta/2014/07/14/the-console-war-is-over-the-pc-already-won/

http://www.maximumpc.com/bragging_rights_pc_gaming_market_maintains_sales_lead_over_consoles_2014

As you can see the PC hardware marketing despite of a small fall it's still bigger then consoles and of those purchases the biggest part is for gaming. Which means PC Gaming is alive and stronger then ever and it's growing everyday.

This is from the end of last year:

http://gearnuke.com/pc-dominates-market-51-console-30-mobile-13-according-new-report/

And let's not forget this, if V is done right they can take over this too:

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

So things aren't so dark as that, we just don't have access to the real numbers.

And I'm not trying to cause a war here, I'm stating my position with facts.

Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF