• Grand Theft Auto V

Fake Lilina
On 1/14/2021 at 7:08 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

Who's the other 4?

You will find out soon enough. *evil chuckle*

ThatBenGuy
On 1/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

Vote changed

I now chose IV as the worst story just to screw with Algonquin Assassin.

Your hate speech against GTA IV (or EFLC for the record) doesn’t offend either me or him, peasant! If that was your attempt to get under our thick skins, then you are SOL. We know better than anyone else that the GTA IV/EFLC community prevails on this site! Algonquin Assassin is the don and I, ThatBenGuy, am the underboss.

• Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1
  • KEKW 5
Carl Theft Auto
7 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

Your hate speech against GTA IV (or EFLC for the record) doesn’t offend either me or him, peasant! If that was your attempt to get under our thick skins, then you are SOL. We know better than anyone else that the GTA IV/EFLC community prevails on this site! Algonquin Assassin is the don and I, ThatBenGuy, am the underboss.

8f3c72d71f29d8fe0e19f51798872334.jpg

• Like 1
  • KEKW 5
billiejoearmstrong8

V's story might have some issues but the idea that it's worse than LCS' or VCS' stories is utterly ridiculous

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
1 minute ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

V's story might have some issues but the idea that it's worse than LCS' or VCS' stories is utterly ridiculous

I agree on LCS, but why VCS?

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
2 minutes ago, OH76 said:

I agree on LCS, but why VCS?

I just think both of them are lower quality stories and games in general, bonuses for the PSP. LCS is the much worse of the two though. 

Just now, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I just think both of them are lower quality stories and games in general, bonuses for the PSP. LCS is the much worse of the two though. 

Though, at least VCS made sense and isn't random, unlike LCS.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, OH76 said:

Though, at least VCS made sense and isn't random, unlike LCS.

VCS story is underrated ASF 

The only problem it was suffering from was being a PSP game

• Like 4
Phil McCrevis

Gotta be either GTA V or San Andreas. Serious lack of focus in both. Just a paper thin outline and then a bunch of random stupid sh*t.  Ugh.

• Like 1
iiCriminnaaL 49
On 1/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, Carl Theft Auto said:

Vote changed

I now chose IV as the worst story just to screw with Algonquin Assassin.

We're not angry with you. We're sad because we're afraid you'd lost your way.

• fir thi bairns 1
Algonquin Assassin
On 1/19/2021 at 3:19 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don’t think it is.

I’m not even a fan of LCS or VCS, but IMO their stories are no better or worse than the other games in the 3D era. I seriously doubt anyone expected much from them in the first place so it’s best to take them for what they are.

GTA V is different because its superior predecessor set the bar so damn high it comes off worse in the story department compared to games like LCS and VCS that were kind of just following suit to what was the norm thoughout the 3D era.

Also way more people have played GTA V than LCS and VCS so there’s  that to consider in peoples’ voting.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1
Racecarlock

I love GTA V for it's extensive suite of free roam features and vehicles and weapons and the subsequent excellent time you can have with all of them while playing the game. But... yeah, it kind of does have the worst story. Mostly because it's 3 different stories that sort of just randomly crash into each other in the plot line. And they just don't really mesh all that well. Michael wants to live a happy life with his family, but due to his anger is pushing them away and endangering his otherwise airtight cloud of obfuscation concerning higher authorities. Alright, that's a fine story. But we also have franklin and his desire to get out of the hood and become rich. And we also have the wacky misadventures of trevor the canadian meth dealer who used to work with michael. These three storylines battle for supremacy with all the grace of three sumo wrestlers in a ring smothered in slippery butter.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Michael wants to keep his alive status secret from the higher authorities, BUUUUUUUUUUT he helps trevor steal a merryweather thing because trevor really really wants him to. Then it turns out that the thing is a secret weapons project between merryweather and the chinese or something but also the american government might be involved and might send drones if they don't put it back. Here's the thing, in the real world, they wouldn't give a sh*t if you put it back, you'd be on every intelligence agency blacklist in the known universe and would probably have feds chasing you until the heat death of the universe. Granted this is GTA, where the cops magically forget your description and criminal record if you stay out of their sight for a minute or two, but the story is generally supposed to have some form of internal logic to stick to. Also, michael later kills entire armies of cops, feds, internal affairs people, merryweather agents, and more, but they still never manage to figure out who michael is, because if they did he might face some actual consequences for his decisions, which is not how GTA operates.

Franklin's goal is to make a lot of money and get out of his dangerous neighborhood and his dead end job. He accomplishes both goals by... the end of the first heist. Seriously, after the first heist, he has enough money to buy a business, gets a mansion handed to him by Lester, and even if he doesn't want to buy a business, he can basically pull off some stock manipulation and assassination and never work again in his life. But he keeps heisting and going on these misadventures because he wants the money and spoils that he essentially already has but I guess he keeps forgetting he has due to... weed, or something.

Then there's trevor, and, people are going to hate me for this... but he has the best arc out of the three. Oh yeah, there it is, I can feel your anger from here. I get it. He's wacky, he's angry, he's nasty, he's a ball of random humor and psychopathic traits cobbled into a character. He killed Johnny, I get it. But he genuinely does have the arc that makes the most sense. He wants to take over the meth market, so he eliminates the gang competition in the area. He finds out Mikey's alive while doing this, so he decides to carry out a few more competition elimination operations before he goes and even while he's going. Bit of ridiculous one man army sh*t, but GTA's built on ridiculous one man army sh*t, so that's fine. He goes to los santos in order to drag michael into a few more jobs because he feels he's owed this "quality time" after michael faked his death. We have action following motivation, something frank doesn't have, and we also have not giving a single sh*t about whether or not the authorities find him, something which michael doesn't have. He goes into heists without a lot of planning or forethought and barely any casing, and so because of that, trevor keeps running into stuff that prevents him from getting the fortune and "business activity" he feels he's owed. This all leads up to the final mission in which our three anti-heroes rob the Union Depository, something which men like michael who want to avoid getting people who might track the robbery back to his name and his family on his trail might want to avoid, and franklin also has no reason to get involved because he already has a mansion and the fortune from the jewelry store robbery but he just wants more. Trevor has good reasons, though. He's been denied scores throughout the story, lives in a ratty trailer, a small apartment, and later a strip club through most of the story, he wants to expand his "business", and he wants michael to give him the one big final score he feels he's owed. He also gets involved in franklin's gang stuff because in his mind, that's being a good friend. Which it kind of is, even if it still involves shootouts and murder.

These three stores when combined together just sort of make a mess. I didn't even mention the martin madrazo plot line that sort of meanders and then just sort of peters out anticlimactically. Plot lines just sort of enter and leave the story at random, with whatever plot line you're dealing with next just sort of determined by a dice roll, all ending in the final mission where, if you choose C, you get to kill one more army of generic goons and then everybody in the story who ever antagonized you (Haines, Stretch, and Wei Cheng, whose goons are the main enemy in a total of two missions) and then ride off into the sunset.

I enjoyed playing through it, and there are some bits that are kind of dramatic and some other bits that are enjoyable and funny. But it's a big mess.

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

I don’t think it is.

I’m not even a fan of LCS or VCS, but IMO their stories are no better or worse than the other games in the 3D era. I seriously doubt anyone expected much from them in the first place so it’s best to take them for what they are.

GTA V is different because its superior predecessor set the bar so damn high it comes off worse in the story department compared to games like LCS and VCS that were kind of just following suit to what was the norm thoughout the 3D era.

Also way more people have played GTA V than LCS and VCS so there’s  that to consider in peoples’ voting.

I disagree. V is worse than IV and it seems worse because it came after it. And I wouldn't expect LCS or VCS to be better than V either. But that doesn't change that V isn't worse than LCS or VCS. Good point about the voting though, that's probably the main reason. 

• Like 1
Fake Lilina
On 1/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, ThatBenGuy said:

Algonquin Assassin is the don and I, ThatBenGuy, am the underboss.

And I am the Enforcer (Or Associate). :D

Edited by Fake Lilina
  • Like 1
Algonquin Assassin
12 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I disagree. V is worse than IV and it seems worse because it came after it. And I wouldn't expect LCS or VCS to be better than V either. But that doesn't change that V isn't worse than LCS or VCS. Good point about the voting though, that's probably the main reason. 

I just don't see the correlation though. It's not like the thread's asking which has the worst story out of LCS, VCS and GTA V only. 

I don't know. It just seems a bit strange to imply if someone votes for GTA V that automatically means they must think LCS and VCS have better stories. Then again it's all extremely subjective. It's the same reason why people like/dislike certain movies, tv shows, music etc. There's really no right or wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1

I still do think LCS' sh*tty story is worse than V's. Sure V may be overly focused on the FIB and Merryweather sh*t but at least it's not as randomized as LCS'.

Edited by OH76
  • Like 1
DR:BUSTA
58 minutes ago, OH76 said:

I still do think LCS' sh*tty story is worse than V's. Sure V may be overly focused on the FIB and Merryweather sh*t but at least it's not as randomized as LCS'.

I am replaying it at the moment and finished Donald love's first mission hoping that there will be a reason for Toni to do the church missions that I didn't notice but nah it's random asf .

And someone should tell Sal that he's the leader for a whole criminal organization not just a leader for one guy.

Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, OH76 said:

From what I played of LCS it definitely seemed pretty random and I also really dislike Toni for some reason. In GTA III he was a boss and Michael Madsen done an amazing job with his voice acting, but in LCS he feels like a bitch.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

From what I played of LCS it definitely seemed pretty random and I also really dislike Toni for some reason. In GTA III he was a boss and Michael Madsen done an amazing job with his voice acting, but in LCS he feels like a bitch.

I kinda wish Madsen did Toni's voice in LCS  I mean wasn't driver already dead and rocktsar already did mock driver in GTA 3 and he was in 3.Maybe if they had the character would have never became a different guy

Also the fact that LCS retconed most of the stuff and characters and not expanding their characters from the previous GTA games is really a really cheap way to refresh them.

Kinda ironic how GTA LCS had a set of interesting characters that we would want to see more from and ruined them with a story that didn't add to much to their characters Meanwhile VCS had characters that were mostly filled or not interesting at all and fleshed them a lot more , made them more interesting and created a story that explains everything you need to know about the 86 ambush and how did it happen and all parties involved in it.

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 1
happygrowls

Where's Advance? WTF is the story of that game aside from a crappier version of GTA 3? Which makes sense given it was going to be a GTA 3 port for the GBA.

The writing in it is some of series worst.

"Hell yeah! There's no stopping me now! Liberty City... Goodbye and good riddance." - Mike

JaeDan 101

GTA: Advance got the worst story

The mission story is just so simple and easy

if i'm wrong, correct me

2 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

GTA: Advance got the worst story

The mission story is just so simple and easy

if i'm wrong, correct me

Actually  I can see it getting recycled

It can be one of the darkest in the series 

If has a very different plot twist

Edited by DR:BUSTA
Thelema93

GTA VI.. because it doesn't have one. I'd take a gta with a story over a gta without a story any day..