Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

TheFunkyBunch

which Gta Has the Worst Story ?

which gta game has the worst Story ?  

133 members have voted

  1. 1. which has the Worst Story ?

    • Grand Theft Auto III
      17
    • Vice City
      4
    • San Andreas
      22
    • Liberty City Stories
      12
    • Vice City Stories
      2
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
      3
    • The Balled Of Gay Tony
      6
    • The Lost And Dammed
      3
    • Grand Theft Auto V
      64


Recommended Posts

Rafae S

V and it's not even up for debate.

 

VC was the shortest and still had a story that was miles better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
METTAFRAN

For me the worst story award goes to GTA: San Andreas. Why am I even calling it  a story? It should be called DISASTER.

When I started the game in Los Santos, I thought the story was going to be fine. The characters were OK, CJ was an interesting character and the only annoying character was OG Loc (I wish he died in the story). Then, after you complete the Los Santos missions and unlock the countryside and San Fierro, the story can be described with just one word: RANDOM. You get random missions for random characters with random motives in random situations. I was asking myself "WTF is going on" the whole time and laughing by seeing how ridiculous some missions and characters were: Zero, Catalina, Mike Toreno, The Truth, Berkley, Area 69 infiltration, I mean, really???

And during this whole time CJ had an identity crisis: he either acted like a badass, but at the same time as a pussy or moron who does everything he's asked for. Oh, and the flight school. WHY.

Also the ending is sooooo crappy. That fat ass Big Smoke dies and Tenpenny randomly shows up saying that he'll escape from LS with a plane. Really??? What kind of plot twist is that supposed to be??? And if CJ was getting so strong along with his odious and lazy brother Sweet  (He didn't do anything during the story, not even a single thing) at the beginning then why didn't he get rid of CRASH immediately? Also the main antagonist is a cop??? Are you kidding me?

Overall, I feel that the story is so ridiculously sh*tty and long that I decided to stop playing and not even finishing GTA: SA, a game which, in my opinion, is extremely overrated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BelfastBrawler

V was boring. For a game set in the city of movies, in a series known for interesting plots, it felt generic, B movie grade stuff. There were elements that were nicely done, like having missions be homages to various films like The Italian Job, which is appropriate given the setting, but the characters don't evolve at all, only Franklin gets richer. 

 

San Andreas is not far off either. Don't get me wrong, the characters and their arcs are good, but how do you get from helping your homies beat a rival gang to stealing top secret technology from the military? CJ must be the most loyal gangsta that ever gangsta'ed. The story feels just too over the top at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend

Liberty City Stories. Talk about the most basic story ever. It has a cardboard cut out of an antagonist and the quality drops quite a bit after Portland, the most memorable missions are when you're Sal's lapdog essentially and I can't be assed to remember any of the other forgettable characters introduced in this game and their stories 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, METTAFRAN said:

For me the worst story award goes to GTA: San Andreas. Why am I even calling it  a story? It should be called DISASTER.

When I started the game in Los Santos, I thought the story was going to be fine. The characters were OK, CJ was an interesting character and the only annoying character was OG Loc (I wish he died in the story). Then, after you complete the Los Santos missions and unlock the countryside and San Fierro, the story can be described with just one word: RANDOM. You get random missions for random characters with random motives in random situations. I was asking myself "WTF is going on" the whole time and laughing by seeing how ridiculous some missions and characters were: Zero, Catalina, Mike Toreno, The Truth, Berkley, Area 69 infiltration, I mean, really???

And during this whole time CJ had an identity crisis: he either acted like a badass, but at the same time as a pussy or moron who does everything he's asked for. Oh, and the flight school. WHY.

Also the ending is sooooo crappy. That fat ass Big Smoke dies and Tenpenny randomly shows up saying that he'll escape from LS with a plane. Really??? What kind of plot twist is that supposed to be??? And if CJ was getting so strong along with his odious and lazy brother Sweet  (He didn't do anything during the story, not even a single thing) at the beginning then why didn't he get rid of CRASH immediately? Also the main antagonist is a cop??? Are you kidding me?

Overall, I feel that the story is so ridiculously sh*tty and long that I decided to stop playing and not even finishing GTA: SA, a game which, in my opinion, is extremely overrated.

 

If I were to rate San Andreas' story solely on the initial Los Santos portion it would probably be 8/10. It seems to be a common consensus that everything else after that starts to feel weird and unfocussed, but the way I see it i's a consequence of trying to make CJ fit situations that are completely out of character for him.

 

I don't mind some unpredictability every now and then, but it really feels like the writers had no idea WTF they were doing since it was the first time a GTA game had multiple cities to stretch the story over and the end result suffered for it. This is why GTA IV's story is the undisputed king. More focus with a smaller locale and less gaping holes to fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Copcaller
Posted (edited)

My vote is for Gta V and I'm surprised at the hate for 3 like really it's worse than V and LCS? it was simple but less is more sometimes guy gets screwed over escapes prison works for various criminal factions to gain money till he gets sold out again and flees to the next island continuing to work for various factions and aid the Yakuza against the cartel

 

As for why I said V it failed to flesh out its characters really well and the whole working for the feds was annoying. Along with trevors whining and working for Devin Weston. 

 

As for SA The Toreno and truth missons were a little out there ,but I liked the rest of the story of the story going from being a simple gang banger to starting a statewide criminal empire. Creating a chop shop business and being a rap manager plus screwing over Salvatores bitch ass was priceless. Then Cj redeems himself saving the grove and killing big smoke. I feel like people bitch about the Toreno missions and deconstruction too much the 3D verse military was already shown to be incompetent in VC where tommy steals a tank from right under their noses and he later outwits and outguns the French special intelligence twice yet no one ever bats an eye at that

 

LCS is a runner up for worst story villians sucked and Toni wasn't very fleshed out other than mafia tough guy with domineering mom 

 

 

Edited by Copcaller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo

I know most people would say V, but I would say SA tbh. To this day, I still can't understand its absurdity. As some people said above, the Los Santos part was alright and the beginning of the countryside was fine too, but everything after CJ met Catalina was nonsensical. As what SOL said, it's like the writers didn't know what the hell to do at that point, and just wanted to add more missions to fill out the map.

 

In what universe where a regular gangbanger that tags walls all of the sudden on a secret agent mission to steal a jetpack from a milltary controlled area? Mission was fun, but made no sense whatsoever.

 

I can sit here all day, listing off everything that's wrong with the writing, and trust me, there's a lot wrong with the writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Copcaller
16 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

I know most people would say V, but I would say SA tbh. To this day, I still can't understand its absurdity. As some people said above, the Los Santos part was alright and the beginning of the countryside was fine too, but everything after CJ met Catalina was nonsensical. As what SOL said, it's like the writers didn't know what the hell to do at that point, and just wanted to add more missions to fill out the map.

 

In what universe where a regular gangbanger that tags walls all of the sudden on a secret agent mission to steal a jetpack from a milltary controlled area? Mission was fun, but made no sense whatsoever.

 

I can sit here all day, listing off everything that's wrong with the writing, and trust me, there's a lot wrong with the writing.

The GTA 3D universe is the universe where a gangbanger can infiltrate area 69 its the same universe where a middle aged Italian can outwit and outgun the French secret service twice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtafanboy210
On 8/8/2014 at 10:01 AM, Journey_95 said:

 

Thats just like, your opinion man!!

 

I have my opinions.

You seem to be hurt by what I said and as a result you are lashing out at me.

For me and many more GTA4 was awful mainly because of the 'Oscar worthy(LOL)' story. By comparison, for me, The Ballad of Gay Tony was great fun, because it had a fun story (not Oscar worthy, but it was a lot better story for a GTA game) unlike the dull, depressing, boring story of GTA4.

 

GTA4's story works and doesnt have any gaping holes - but it is dull, depressing and boring - it is the least fun, therefore it has the worst story imo.

 

The Last of Us is supposed to have one of the best stories in a game but when you actually look at the story its just a generic Zombie/survival story.

The only purpose of a story in a video game is to facilitate good gameplay, thus why I think TBOGT is good storywise.

 

 

For me GTA4 and GTA5 feel so much like linear games, particularly in their scripted story.

Thats probably why the free roaming and exploring the world in both games is so boring (for me at least). For example in GTA5 once i finished the story I had no desire to free-roam and when i did it was just so boring that I just had to turn it off and go for a nap. They might as well have been completely linear games.

 

I would really rather they stop with giving us those trivial option A vs Option B choices. - And people play on them choices like it gives you the option to play the game as you want when in reality the choice is trivial (remember all the talk about how you could approach a lot of the missions in GTA5 how you wanted LOL)

 

 

These days lots of companies are trying to get games to be as cinematic as possible with complex stories and scripted cutscenes - trying to get a movie experience.

IMO this is the wrong approach in lots of cases.

 

well like I said its a good thing that most people (and the gaming companies) don't think your sh*tty way

saying that The Last of Us is generic is the biggest joke you probably saw a trailer and were like yep just like The Walking Dead or Resident Evil it has a better story then most movies I have seen lately

 

this current approach with cutscenes and movie-like experience is great it has evolved gaming from simple kiddie stuff to more mature audience but nope you want to go back thats just f*cking great

guys like you are a disgrace for the video game community (and thats my opinion)

 

 

come the f*ck down nobody wants your linear bullsh*t in video games anymore. if looking for good stories go watch a f*cking movie.

 

On 8/8/2014 at 11:17 AM, Blennerville said:

 

Thats just like, your opinion man!!

 

I have my opinions.

You seem to be hurt by what I said and as a result you are lashing out at me.

For me and many more GTA4 was awful mainly because of the 'Oscar worthy(LOL)' story. By comparison, for me, The Ballad of Gay Tony was great fun, because it had a fun story (not Oscar worthy, but it was a lot better story for a GTA game) unlike the dull, depressing, boring story of GTA4.

 

GTA4's story works and doesnt have any gaping holes - but it is dull, depressing and boring - it is the least fun, therefore it has the worst story imo.

 

The Last of Us is supposed to have one of the best stories in a game but when you actually look at the story its just a generic Zombie/survival story.

The only purpose of a story in a video game is to facilitate good gameplay, thus why I think TBOGT is good storywise.

 

 

For me GTA4 and GTA5 feel so much like linear games, particularly in their scripted story.

Thats probably why the free roaming and exploring the world in both games is so boring (for me at least). For example in GTA5 once i finished the story I had no desire to free-roam and when i did it was just so boring that I just had to turn it off and go for a nap. They might as well have been completely linear games.

 

I would really rather they stop with giving us those trivial option A vs Option B choices. - And people play on them choices like it gives you the option to play the game as you want when in reality the choice is trivial (remember all the talk about how you could approach a lot of the missions in GTA5 how you wanted LOL)

 

 

These days lots of companies are trying to get games to be as cinematic as possible with complex stories and scripted cutscenes - trying to get a movie experience.

IMO this is the wrong approach in lots of cases.

 

 

well like I said its a good thing that most people (and the gaming companies) don't think your sh*tty way

saying that The Last of Us is generic is the biggest joke you probably saw a trailer and were like yep just like The Walking Dead or Resident Evil it has a better story then most movies I have seen lately

 

this current approach with cutscenes and movie-like experience is great it has evolved gaming from simple kiddie stuff to more mature audience but nope you want to go back thats just f*cking great

guys like you are a disgrace for the video game community (and thats my opinion)

 

 

 

 

 

You talk about kiddies but I get the strong impression that that is what you are yourself, a kid.

That all I have to say to you.

you definitely have a point there. dont worry journey_95 is just being a butthurt ass bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, gtafanboy210 said:

come the f*ck down nobody wants your linear bullsh*t in video games anymore. if looking for good stories go watch a f*cking movie.

 

This line is really outdated by the way. Video games are used to tell stories more than they ever were. The reason is very obvious; experiencing the story and playing a part in it is more effective than watching a movie or reading a book about it.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

i don’t know if it deservs the word worst but i say gta 5. while missions are like the best in video game history, fib and trevor stuff was super boring. trevor should have not been in this game, i love the actor but character is annoying. if we talk about gta san andreas i liked the story but i don’t get how every single character can be annoying. jeffrey, sweet, truth, paul and maccer, catalina, toreno, CJ and more i don’t remember. 

12 hours ago, gtafanboy210 said:

come the f*ck down nobody wants your linear bullsh*t in video games anymore.

exactly my thoughts. i don’t remember anyone saying not enough cutscenes in 3d era games back in the day when they were relased. yet studios made it like that’s something that should be there. gta vice, san andreas, gta 3, max payne etc. these games had perfect stories and gameplay the way they were designed. did you ever play max payne 3? that game had like the worst gameplay ever made in history. %75 of the game were cutscenes and half of them don’t even tell anything about the plot, you walk to a door and a cutscene plays while max is looking around doing nothing. the cutscene ends you start walking and another one starts showing max walking downstairs lol. it was one of the worst designed games ever made, rockstar missed the singleplayer content in that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.