Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,858 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CaptainBlack69

Woukd you start over?

Black Terminator

Would I ever start over? Hmm...let me look it up. No!!

Captain Hammer

I created 2 new characters just for the next gen release. I glitched them each 20 cars, bought them 2 apartments and put about $7.5 mil in the bank so they can buy buzzards when the rank up.

They're both in the 20's now, just so I don't have to start out in next gen with nothing. The game will depend on how far I take them..

my 2 original characters will remain retired at lvl 200 on the Ps3

manicmechanic71

I'd start from scratch, maybe rose tinted specs but it seemed so special scraping round for a 2 car garage, and so happy to get the Assault rifle!

xoC18H21NO3xo

Considering only a funeral and near death stopped me from playing every single day and hour since release, I have no desire to start over again. If they had of said that we could not bring our PS3 characters over to PS4, I would not buy a PS4. In fact, I plan to see how this "switch over" goes before I get on the PS4.

Nacho Z

No flippin' way.

Mmkay?

Resets are bad...mmkay?

I don't want to start from scratch with a new character as I've had mine for so long now I can't picture it any other way. I would appreciate more expensive items to save for though, I used to enjoy scratching around in the dirt for pennies at the start and although I still enjoy the game it's a little bit aimless for me now.

CrysisAverted

No, never. unless of course R* is willing to pay me for the time I already spent on the game

Bongsquirrel

Nah

marco-polo

Yes, if it meant that there were separate divisions - cheats and normal (?) - you cheat once, you're done and separated permanently. There's nothing against it, but you agree to be moved to another server for good.

All others live peacefully. But, considering this won't happen it would all be in vein. I'd still reset though.

Edited by marco-polo

manicmechanic71

I think there's a pattern here, no unless you're a low level like me! I have two level 90 characters

Sky_Light12

ah hell no , i want to alter the appearance in next gen without leaving single fortune , stats & achievement accumulated in past

GR Choke

no i hate starting again like in the CODs when you have to rank up every time a new 1 comes out

XxJazzy42xX

i wouldn't unless your other characters would have the same unlocks my main would have, which would never eva happen. A nigga ain't got time for all that. I would use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, but to reset my main and 2nd slot........nigga please.

I think there's a pattern here, no unless you're a low level like me! I have two level 90 characters

thats still a lot of time and effort in my opinion. And thats a high enough level to put down bros all over the map. I mean the only things missing is the rocket launcher and the minigun. Trust me bruh........you don't wanna do this. :sui: Your decision though :cool:

homeskillet

I bought the ps3 solely for gtav, it is the only game I own.

Because R* has shown no interest in fixing glitches or cheats I won't be buying the ps4.

I already paid $300 to play a bugged game, No way in hell I am going to spend another $450 to get the same anal abuse but with better graphics.

Edited by homeskillet

Miss Malevolent

Hell No.

BullworthAcademy

Definitely not. I wouldn't want to level all the way back up again.

Shaundi.

55 days play time.

nope.avi

TurboLag23

HELL no.

NomadRider

the option to reset yourself exists already. You wanna start over it's not that hard. I'd never do it. Too much time invested in my legit character. No way I'd give up my stuff.

Miss Malevolent

...If they had of said that we could not bring our PS3 characters over to PS4, I would not buy a PS4. In fact, I plan to see how this "switch over" goes before I get on the PS4.

Exactly...I would like to see how smooth a transition this is going to be.

HankyPankyFan

No,I woukdnt start over.

MrWhiskers

no i woukdnt

Rick James

God, you've got to be kidding me. I've had to start over because I have lost characters. Please don't make me to this again !!!! :lol:

Steve

If I were you, I'd wait a few weeks before you transition over once it's released. I know I am, and I can be certain knowing R* there will be some horror stories during that period. I lost one character back in October, I refuse to be a sacrifical lamb again, not with an almost level 375 character now. By then I should be in the high 400s to around 500.

Edited by SteveNYC81

XxJazzy42xX

God, you've got to be kidding me. I've had to start over because I have lost characters. Please don't make me to this again !!!! :lol:

well one thing that i do hope is some ability to edit our character once its tranferred. I don't need it but for those who want to erase regrets and "i want to vomit features" can do this, but hey if the other slots unlock and the edit option ain't there you have 2 choices start a new or deal with it :/

XxJazzy42xX

also who wants to see their character in the beginning looking like some slow nigga. No voice at all.............sitting there noddin and junk, looking stupid.

If I were you, I'd wait a few weeks before you transition over once it's released. I know I am, and I can be certain knowing R* there will be some horror stories during that period. I lost on character back in October, I refuse to be a sacrifical lamb again, not with an almost level 375 character now. By then I should be in the high 400s to around 500.

and now this dude got me scared about transitioning my character. :/

Steve

You should be scared, actually terrified, this is R*s cloud servers were talking about. Though I'm happily married, I would trust a hooker with my American Express card more than I'd trust those servers, that's why I've never made a second character. Go find InfamousRyans thread about how his 2nd character got duplicated over his main lol.

Edited by SteveNYC81

XxJazzy42xX

You should be scared, actually terrified, this is R*s cloud servers were talking about. Though I'm happily married, I would trust a hooker with my American Express card more than I'd trust those servers, that's why I've never made a second character. Go find InfamousRyans thread about how his 2nd character got duplicated over his main lol.

dang bruh.......imma have nightmares about these servers bruh. I will preorder it but i ain't putting it in the tray until i get word about this mess. Otherwise you bet imma level up on the ps3

CaptainBlack69

you guys are tweakin!!

if R* fixed stuff up, added new cars and houses, changed the unlock/ranking system and allowed a reset option i would do it.

Its just a game anyway its not work and most of the money i got wasn't legit anyway.

But then again i plan on buying it for PC where auto aim won't really be a factor

Edited by CaptainBlack69

Chloroform

Why would this question be on anyones mind?

you guys are tweakin!!

if R* fixed stuff up, added new cars and houses, changed the unlock/ranking system and allowed a reset option i would do it.

Its just a game anyway its not work and most of the money i got wasn't legit anyway.

But then again i plan on buying it for PC where auto aim won't really be a factor

So pretty much you want the whole game to be changed? Who is the one "tweakin"

Steve

dang bruh.......imma have nightmares about these servers bruh. I will preorder it but i ain't putting it in the tray until i get word about this mess. Otherwise you bet imma level up on the ps3

To be honest I hope it is smooth, but I still am going to wait a few weeks before I transition over. The game is not going to go anywhere, most people will be still on the PS3 anyway, now around xmas time is when you'll see the PS4 player numbers increase, when mommy and daddy get bugged to by PS4s for their kids.

Edited by SteveNYC81