Resident Evil Remake being remastered for PS3

visionist

And possibly other consoles (and hopefully PS4 and Xbone) I've read today on my FB feed. Frankly this is excellent news. I'm one of the select few who abandoned Resident Evil after Capcom sold out to the "COD with zombies" loving crowd several years ago. The remake from 2002 and also Resident Evil 0 are great, fantastic games dripping with atmosphere the newer games couldn't dream of boasting. I bought a gamecube back in the day just for those two games (and MGS: The Twin Snakes- but that remake is a waste of time).

Here's hoping it comes out for the new consoles as well as the old. I need more excuses to buy a PS4 save GTA and a couple other games. I want Residint Evil in 1080p with surround!

Itsw coming out for PS4/XBO too. But for now it's only been announced for an early 2015 release date for Japan.

A remake of a remake :blink: I'm happy and disappointed at the same time about this, I'm happy that we'll get to play it on PS4/X1/PC and its one of the best Resident evil games but I'm disappointed that is not RE 2 or 3. The RE community have been asking for a REmake of 2 for ages :/

• Like 3

Matty256.gif

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85625/resident-evil-remake-coming-back-from-the-dead

I've been dying to play this game again, but I lost my Gamecube, and sold my Wii ages ago. I literally screamed like a fangirl when my friend sent me the article, I couldn't be more excited to get my hands on one of the best video games in history again. I used to play this game religiously, hence my username, lmao so I'm going to be tearing it up on Xbox 360.

A remake of a remake :blink: I'm happy and disappointed at the same time about this, I'm happy that we'll get to play it on PS4/X1/PC and its one of the best Resident evil games but I'm disappointed that is not RE 2 or 3. The RE community have been asking for a REmake of 2 for ages :/

While I'd love a remake of RE2, I still find this news excellent since REmake was exclusive to Nintendo consoles. I feel that RE2 is fantastic enough, it being my favorite video game of all time, I still play it today on my PS1, while RE1 is pretty much obsolete after REmake had released. I've still got my Director's Cut copy though.

Edited by Biohazard Abyss!
  • Like 2
38391_s.gif

esmittystud101

So you can change the controls. This is nice. Oh yeah, you have "an option for a scrolling camera that appears to move away from the original's fixed angles in preference of a more dynamic approach." Oh my god, I think a just went in my pants. :catspider: Especially since they are going to let me mess with the camera. Die hard RE fans love that camera, but options are always needed with a camera like that. But I know the RE fan will be like "the camera is what makes the game". My response "whatever" LOL

Edited by esmittystud101

Two of my favourite games and the definition of what Resident Evil games should be like and not what they are now. I might buy it if it is cheap enough.

I wish they could get back to the old style, where Resident Evil was supposed to be scary.

Edited by Stephan90

So you can change the controls. This is nice. Oh yeah, you have "an option for a scrolling camera that appears to move away from the original's fixed angles in preference of a more dynamic approach." Oh my god, I think a just went in my pants. :catspider: Especially since they are going to let me mess with the camera. Die hard RE fans love that camera, but options are always needed with a camera like that. But I know the RE fan will be like "the camera is what makes the game". My response "whatever" LOL

The camera is what makes the game.

The camera is what makes the game.

exactly, it serves the athmosphere and creates shock moments

JobAnonymous

Resident evil has already been remade on the Gamecube...Why again? Now If it was Resident 3 or Code Veronica then alright. But another Resident Evil remake? no just no

Edited by JobAnonymous

Resident evil has already been remade on the Gamecube...Why again? Now If it was Resident 3 or Code Veronica then alright. But another Resident Evil remake? no just no

This is the Gamecube Remake being ported to current, and last gen consoles dude...

Also Code Veronica is a terrible game.

• Like 1
38391_s.gif

JobAnonymous

Oh Thought it was remake...still don't like the idea. Veronica was that really that bad?

Edited by JobAnonymous

I think this is good. I've never bought an HD remake before but I'll probably get this as long as they port it properly and don't f*ck it up. I always wanted the RE1 remake but I've never even played a Gamecube.

I much prefer the idea of remaking / remastering classic games like this rather than rereleasing games that came out 12 months ago.

Edited by Waldie

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Never played any of the RE games. But, because of this, I will probably buy this. Just to be clear, they're remastering the first RE game? It's a bit confusing.

Also, a bit disappointing there also releasing it for last generation. Seriously? By the time this game comes out, current gen consoles will be out for two years. Come on Capcom. Now the game will suffer because last generation will be holding it back...

Anyway, I hope the game is actually scary. I always hear comments on how the first RE games were so scary. But, then I watch gameplay and it doesn't look scary at all. Maybe the updated graphics will help with the immersion and scare factor .

Never played any of the RE games. But, because of this, I will probably buy this. Just to be clear, they're remastering the first RE game? It's a bit confusing.

Also, a bit disappointing there also releasing it for last generation. Seriously? By the time this game comes out, current gen consoles will be out for two years. Come on Capcom. Now the game will suffer because last generation will be holding it back...

Anyway, I hope the game is actually scary. I always hear comments on how the first RE games were so scary. But, then I watch gameplay and it doesn't look scary at all. Maybe the updated graphics will help with the immersion and scare factor .

It's a port of the Remake of RE1 that was originally a Gamecube and Wii Exclusive. Last gen is also not holding this game back, since it's a port, it's nothing new, so the game is not going to suffer.

38391_s.gif

It's a port of the Remake of RE1 that was originally a Gamecube and Wii Exclusive. Last gen is also not holding this game back, since it's a port, it's nothing new, so the game is not going to suffer.

A bit strange that they are remaking a remake of a video game. Why not just remaster the original RE and not the remake of the original?

The original RE1 cannot be remastered, it's old as f*ck, lol the voice acting and everything is subpar, but of course great for its time.

REmake is a pretty old game, but them porting it is most because it was exclusive to Gamecube and Wii all these years. It's a REALLY good game, so I'm surprised they haven't done this sooner. It just didn't sell as well as other installments like RE4, due to it being stuck on Nintendo consoles. This is why RE is more action-packed now, due to RE4s sales compared to REmake's.

38391_s.gif

It just didn't sell as well as other installments like RE4, due to it being stuck on Nintendo consoles. This is why RE is more action-packed now, due to RE4s sales compared to REmake's.

Hopefully this port sells really well compared to today's Resident Evil and Capcom realise this is what the fans want with it being survival horror and not this easy hold your hand walk through versions with QTE that called Re5 and Re6. Both good games but they should have been side games and not part of the main series IMO.

Matty256.gif

aaronimpact

I just found out that it will be digital download only for the West.

Capcom: Two steps forward, one step back.

It just didn't sell as well as other installments like RE4, due to it being stuck on Nintendo consoles. This is why RE is more action-packed now, due to RE4s sales compared to REmake's.

Hopefully this port sells really well compared to today's Resident Evil and Capcom realise this is what the fans want with it being survival horror and not this easy hold your hand walk through versions with QTE that called Re5 and Re6. Both good games but they should have been side games and not part of the main series IMO.

I doubt it is going to sell really well unfortunately. Thing is, the more action-packed REs from 4 and beyond appeal more to the casual gamer. IMO, Resident Evil Revelations was the perfect blend of action, and survival horror elements, but again, it was exclusive to DS, then ported much later to consoles, and did not sell as well as RE4, 5, and 6.

38391_s.gif

Good, a memory of what RE should be about; slow, creeping horror. I wonder if they'll give it special features as well, such as the crimson heads, the defense weapons. Man this will rock! I do truly hope they follow suit with RE2 and 3. I would buy a next gen console just to play those gems again in hd glory.

• Like 2

2lzNHds.png

I just found out that it will be digital download only for the West.

Capcom: Two steps forward, one step back.

So will we be able to buy a disc based copy from Japan?

It'll probably have forced Japanese subs or even a Japanese dub lol

Adam Jensen

Never played any of the RE games.

If your PC can run Resident Evil 4 HD you should get it. It's one of the best games ever made. Officially, as a matter of fact. And it's even better on PC now that Capcom has finally released a decent port.

Edited by The Yokel

Never played any of the RE games.

If your PC can run Resident Evil 4 HD you should get it. It's one of the best games ever made. Officially, as a matter of fact. And it's even better on PC now that Capcom has finally released a decent port.

Eh. I read that due to the "commercial failure" of Resident Evil REmake, they started making the RE games more actiony starting with RE4. I'd rather buy a more atmospheric/scary RE game than an action packed game.

RE4 is an amazing game, and still has the horror atmosphere to it at times, definitely a game that everyone should try. RE5 is ridiculous, and RE6 is kinda in-between. The game was a success due to the fact that it's really just a perfect game. I actually just recently beat it again the other day.

38391_s.gif

Adam Jensen
Eh. I read that due to the "commercial failure" of Resident Evil REmake, they started making the RE games more actiony starting with RE4. I'd rather buy a more atmospheric/scary RE game than an action packed game.

Resident Evil 4 isn't an action game. It's horror through and through. RE5 is when everything went to sh*t.

Edited by The Yokel

Funny how the only RE games Shinji directed are the ones that are commonly referred to as the best RE games. The original, REmake, and 4. Can't wait for The Evil Within...

Funny how the only RE games Shinji directed are the ones that are commonly referred to as the best RE games. The original, REmake, and 4. Can't wait for The Evil Within...

I don't know, a lot of folk say RE2 is their favourite. Certainly the ones he's closely involved in are better though.

This news has got me all excited and I'm in a bit of an RE mood at the moment. Just started replaying RE4 on my PS2 yesterday. I was like this last summer when I replayed RE1-3 back to back on my PS3 and PSP.

I know it's got it's own topic somewhere but quick question for the fans:

Is RE6 worth playing through?

I wasn't overly keen on RE5 and the demo of 6 seemed even worse. I feel somewhat compelled to play through the story but everything I've heard about the game has been negative and although I could get it for under a tenner, I'm seriously wondering is it even worth that?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a cheapskate by nature.

:p