GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V: Online Hats/Headgear

Skypouncer

Hey guys, this post will be relating to the headgear available in GTA V: Online.

I often "design" my character in various styles, at the moment my character is a farmer with a tanned cowboy hat, so it sort of pulls the whole thing together. However I find that when I go into a mission, it removes my headgear for the duration of the mission, but when I go back into the free roam side of things I have to manually put the hat back on. This is a pain since i've got a lot of hats.

Is there a way so that your headgear isnt removed during missions?

This bs is a glitch with the last few patches. Furthermore, why the f*ck are there only 2forward and 2backward caps available. ?

It shouldn't be removed. It's BS.

Are you agreeing with the fact that you hate the concept of it being removed? or are you stating that you think my post is BS?

This bs is a glitch with the last few patches. Furthermore, why the f*ck are there only 2forward and 2backward caps available. ?

Yea, I agree with that, we need more variety in headgear, more colours and perhaps an option for the crew emblem to go on the front of a cap

Are you agreeing with the fact that you hate the concept of it being removed? or are you stating that you think my post is BS?

I'm saying that Rockstar is pretty damn quick with all these money glitches but they can't fix these damn glitches. It took 2 patches to remove the cornrows glitch. 2 DAMN PATCHES. But hey, if they see a money glitch, it will be gone by the next day.

mmm chocolate

I too hate this glitch. My guy is supposed to have a hat on. His hair looks lame without it. Fix this pleeeeeeeaaase.

I'm saying that Rockstar is pretty damn quick with all these money glitches but they can't fix these damn glitches. It took 2 patches to remove the cornrows glitch. 2 DAMN PATCHES. But hey, if they see a money glitch, it will be gone by the next day.

To be honest, I would prefer them to fix the money glitches first, because they ARE glitches that can potentially ruin the game to some people. If you glitch or use micro transactions then, in my opinion, you are cheating the game.

To be fair this sort of glitch isn't game breaking like the money glitches. I will admit though I really wish they could fix this ASAP as its starting to piss me off as well as my friends, especially now as i have just got the beer hat.

Edited by tfroam

I'm still hate that they patched wearing a mask and hat...this is what causes you to continually have to put it on again. Hats should be able to be set just like helmets...this could put an end to the hat removal. And yes I agree...we need more foward and reverse çaps and facial bandannas.

Edited by TreFacTor

I think it means we're going to get some sort of DLC that includes more caps. At the start of online, quite a few clothing types had very limited options, but many of them have been filled with more items. Just like "sports tops", there's only one, the big basketball shirt or something. I think we'll eventually see a gang DLC or something with more caps and ghetto clothes.

Commander S

Just noticed this myself, recently - it's a minor peeve that helmets 'have' to come off in cars/planes/etc., but the recent thing of taking it off whenever you launch a mission is just a massive frustration, particularly if your default outfit includes a helmet.

(also worth noting, if you wear shades underneath, and load up another mission having first lost your helmet, it'll remove them next... Pain in the ass)

Personally, I don't see why R* couldn't just add a fix that allows helmets on all the time in vehicles - after all, professional racing drivers wear 'em just fine, so...

Just noticed this myself, recently - it's a minor peeve that helmets 'have' to come off in cars/planes/etc., but the recent thing of taking it off whenever you launch a mission is just a massive frustration, particularly if your default outfit includes a helmet.

(also worth noting, if you wear shades underneath, and load up another mission having first lost your helmet, it'll remove them next... Pain in the ass)

Personally, I don't see why R* couldn't just add a fix that allows helmets on all the time in vehicles - after all, professional racing drivers wear 'em just fine, so...

Probably because they don't like sh*t clipping through other sh*t.

AceThaCreator

Of all the other stupid sh*t that R* had to patch, they had to pick one thats the most harmless of them all. Like having my hat ripped off my head when getting in my OWN car or deciding that having a hat on during a mission is TOO DANGEROUS so you MUST take it off. This is one of the things that they do that definitely pisses me off.

Let's not forget about "balding" glitch when you win a race. :catloaf:

Commander S

I KNOW, RIGHT?

0_0.jpg

Or the "I drew my hair on with a sharpie" glitch.

• Like 2

AceThaCreator

Or the count Dracula widows peak. Ill nearly threw up when it first happened.
  • Like 3

I KNOW, RIGHT?

0_0.jpg

I didn't say they were good at it. :p

• Like 1

I KNOW, RIGHT?

0_0.jpg

I didn't say they were good at it. :p

Wait, you can put a roof on the Coquette and still wear headgear. I really don't see why it's such a big deal. They could have just limited it based on the height of the hat.

Wait, you can put a roof on the Coquette and still wear headgear. I really don't see why it's such a big deal. They could have just limited it based on the height of the hat.

Yeah that would be better. They'd probably limit the back of the hat too though so it doesn't clip through your headrest. Can you also not keep a small cap on in a car?

Commander S

Heck, you can keep on some of the larger animal masks - many of which are larger/taller than any of the helmets.

weaklandwarrior

contacted rockstar support about the hats disappearing, but all they told me was that it was my fault even though i've been wearing hats since november without any problems.

I also hate that glitch,I hate having to put my hat back on after every mission I play.Another problem I sometimes have is my character switching to a motocross helmet(that I didn´t even buy)instead of the one I choose when I get on a bike after ranking up.

My other problem with headgear in GTA Online is the selection of helmets,why can´t we get these:

1920380_696130953800545_2660670600759650

10178032_696131050467202_561223844599022

0_0.jpg

10501854_696131010467206_239273590911940

Edited by LeopardGecko

CrysisAverted

Got my beer hat, wanna show it off, every race I come in first my hat is off :I

Commander S

My other problem with headgear in GTA Online is the selection of helmets,why can´t we get these:

I'm still hoping we get tinted visors eventually, like in single-player:

gta-5-getaway-heist.jpg

After all, we've already got completely face-concealing masks, so there's nothing that says that motorcycle helmets need to have the characters' faces visible.

tsouryavong13

There are more options for the foreward caps for females.

I know thats why I kept all my topless cars in a 6 car garage apartment in paleto bay so if my character wears a hat, they can be sitting in a topless car and the hat shows.

You have to put the carbon roof on the topless coquette you buy. And the hat size doesn't matter. I can go in it with my character wearing a Top Hat and she still has it on, even though some of it goes through the roof.

I also hate that glitch,I hate having to put my hat back on after every mission I play.Another problem I sometimes have is my character switching to a motocross helmet(that I didn´t even buy)instead of the one I choose when I get on a bike after ranking up.

1920380_696130953800545_2660670600759650

10178032_696131050467202_561223844599022

0_0.jpg

I'm looking for ones with the spikes on the top.

And also, one thing I hate is when you choose to set a hat to wear when you ride a motorcycle, then you leave the game and join another session, you have to do that all over again. I wish this feature stayed with me when I changed sessions and changes when I want it to change.

Hello_losers

The whole hats removed in cars thing is bs. It doesn't clip when its on in a car. If you spawn into free roam in your vehicle rather than on foot, you will have your hat on in the car and there is none, zero, zilch issues presented by it. Was like this in gta4 as well. R* simply seems to hate hats.