GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mission joining mechanics

Skypouncer

Hey guys, i've got a question regarding the mission joining mechanics for users on a GTA Online server.

Sometimes, when i'm grinding a certain mission in a playlist for example, I like to be on my own so it is a smoother and more efficient experience. Often I change the settings in the mission, for example the time of day, weather, weaponary etc right? But sometimes when I am going through this I come across somebody who has just joined my mission without being invited?

First of all, how do they get the option to join my mission/job without being invited? and secondly, how do I prevent this from happening in the future? I find myself quitting the job and rejoining one in order for an overall smoother experience, however doing this hinders "crucial" time for me.

I look forward to your responses guys!

~Sam

Put matchmaking off in the second menu.

Alternately, you can set it to off in your online options so you don't need to go into that menu to switch off off before setting your weather and all those other settings.

As the host, you are able to kick unwanted players. But not ideal, it irritates people being kicked for no reason so best to disable it in your online options.

Edited by DaTwista

Put matchmaking off in the second menu.

Alternately, you can set it to off in your online options so you don't need to go into that menu to switch off off before setting your weather and all those other settings.

As the host, you are able to kick unwanted players. But not ideal, it irritates people being kicked for no reason so best to disable it in your online options.

How do you kick people? I've never actually realised you could, i've briefly looked before, but with no prevail.

There is an option in the second menu called view joined players info (Something like that). It will list all the players in the session, click on the undesired pest and choose kick.

There is an option in the second menu called view joined players info (Something like that). It will list all the players in the session, click on the undesired pest and choose kick.

Nice one, i'm rank 124 and for all this time i've never known haha!

Boooo! I thought there was a new mission where you played with your mechanic.

Boooo! I thought there was a new mission where you played with your mechanic.

I can see why you thought that, but why would you want that?