GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Logo Creator

craigbaines

craigbaines

Opinions on the logo i created?

I just re-joined gta after months, an now im set as the crew leader in a what seems dead crew haha,,,

Might try an kick off the old crime family, or do you guys think i should just join an established one? Sooooo many out there ! Don't want the effort of trying to recruit people but its a shame to give up my cool logo xD lol

Untitled-5.jpg

QuackinAColdOne

Join a crime family, tell them you'll get Mr. Tortellini on them and they'll be sleeping with the fishes if they don't use your logo.

Edited by gagemb9918

StateofMind15

That looks pretty badass.

Just find players who have similar interests in the game to join your crew. The game is a lot better when you play with real friends instead of temporary ones that you will delete later.

• Like 1

TheTruthIsFree

I made an Golden State Warriors logo using my PS4, too bad there isn't really any good clothes to put it on...

You may find that the text doesn't read well on the medium and small versions of the logo, but it looks great at that res.

spelunking.uranus

I like it a lot :D

Some of the letters are too squashed up width ways though. it looks like it is TRUSCEIIO.

craigbaines

yeah, i cocked up my spacing an realized id done it a letter too short, had to cram the L's into one spot pretty much, aint like you can just select all and drag it over though, each letter is a whole bunch of layers!

spelunking.uranus

yeah, i cocked up my spacing an realized id done it a letter too short, had to cram the L's into one spot pretty much, aint like you can just select all and drag it over though, each letter is a whole bunch of layers!

The way people used to take text from svg file they made in other programs and the put it into the page does not work but could you not copy it from the page and then edit it in something else and then put it back in the page again?

A man I work with was good with the emblem maker and hacking the images into the page I could ask him if you cannot do it yourself.

craigbaines

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but....

When i first started looking at logo's, months an months ago, there was a glitch to insert your own custom logos, but it got patched? Just after this is when i created my logo the legit way....

Has there been a way to create custom ones since or?

spelunking.uranus

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but....

When i first started looking at logo's, months an months ago, there was a glitch to insert your own custom logos, but it got patched? Just after this is when i created my logo the legit way....

Has there been a way to create custom ones since or?

It was fixed but then there was ways to do it again because someone found out how to get past the fix, but Rockstar have fixed it again and no-one has been able to make uploaded images again. I was told it was because of something to do with the way the pieces of the emblem are made now so I thought if you copy it out of the emblem maker and then change it it may let you copy it back in. I don't know how to do that though. I have not used any vector programs only simple graphics programs.

craigbaines

Ah right i see, maybe ill just have a go at changing it in the emblem creator again lol...

spelunking.uranus

Ah right i see, maybe ill just have a go at changing it in the emblem creator again lol...

Yes it would be easier I think :D

Good luck :)

craigbaines

i just tried, saved my file as a svg, edited it in illustrator, all i did was copy / paste an improved L (i improved it in emblem creator) then moved stuff over to fit...

Tried to upload but when i change the code it just flags that message about uploading material.

meh. oh well

Cool emblem. I don't remember seeing many of the shapes you used so I guess you did quite a lot from scratch.

A little piece of advice, I would make smoke rise out of the guy's gun on the left. It would give a nice sense of symmetry with the smoke from the cigar on the right. I would also put a decorative line under the lettering and give the guy on the right a white monocle, and one of those pocket hankerchiefs for the guy in the middle. I like how you didn't go overboard with guns and kept it looking nice and simple, but I think a few minor details could make it look more finished. All of this is just my personal opinion though so maybe you want to keep it the way it is.

As for the lettering, if you can't find an easy solution I would just do it again. It's a bitch but it's worth it. It'll probably come out looking better overall because you've already done it once and the second time is easier. Right now it kinda looks like the text is sort of curved towards you, i.e. it's bigger in the middle than towards the sides. I don't know if you did that intentionally but it gives a pretty cool effect. But it's not very consistent so it looks like it was done by accident. You could make two curved lines that you can delete later and fit the letters neatly between them. Or you could keep the guidelines and make them slightly ornate (not too much, similar in style to the letters) and use them as the decorative line that I talked about.

edit: I almost forgot, you could always fix your problem by making the L's lower case. Just remove the bar at the bottom of the letters and make them longer at the top. If you look at when you type lower case L's, they are longer than most other letters and also stuck close together when you put two in a row: ll. The only problem is that the rest of your letters are capitals.

Edited by CenMan

DriveLikeAViking

i was happy with mine and then saw yours

emblem_128.png

Edited by Muscleracer

craigbaines

Cool emblem. I don't remember seeing many of the shapes you used so I guess you did quite a lot from scratch.

A little piece of advice, I would make smoke rise out of the guy's gun on the left. It would give a nice sense of symmetry with the smoke from the cigar on the right. I would also put a decorative line under the lettering and give the guy on the right a white monocle, and one of those pocket hankerchiefs for the guy in the middle. I like how you didn't go overboard with guns and kept it looking nice and simple, but I think a few minor details could make it look more finished. All of this is just my personal opinion though so maybe you want to keep it the way it is.

As for the lettering, if you can't find an easy solution I would just do it again. It's a bitch but it's worth it. It'll probably come out looking better overall because you've already done it once and the second time is easier. Right now it kinda looks like the text is sort of curved towards you, i.e. it's bigger in the middle than towards the sides. I don't know if you did that intentionally but it gives a pretty cool effect. But it's not very consistent so it looks like it was done by accident. You could make two curved lines that you can delete later and fit the letters neatly between them. Or you could keep the guidelines and make them slightly ornate (not too much, similar in style to the letters) and use them as the decorative line that I talked about.

edit: I almost forgot, you could always fix your problem by making the L's lower case. Just remove the bar at the bottom of the letters and make them longer at the top. If you look at when you type lower case L's, they are longer than most other letters and also stuck close together when you put two in a row: ll. The only problem is that the rest of your letters are capitals.

yes mate each "shape" is the combination of a pile of squares, circles, an random curves....

i bet each letter is 50 layers....

It is a lot of effort re-doing it all, but its been ages since i id it so i im gonna give it a go now an see what i can do! Will try out the suggestions you made an report back later!

Edited by craigbaines

The font you made looks great. I can tell that it must have been a lot of work making the whole thing.

Another thing I thought of, which may be useful but maybe you don't like it, is that you can try to add a thin line around the 3 guys in the same color as your letters or in white. It would help make the logo visible on black backgrounds. I guess it could be done by duplicating all the outer shapes you used and moving them slightly, behind the actual logo. Or you could use some translucent white smoke around the general edges of the three figures to achieve the same thing. There's a bomb cloud shape that can be used as smoke. You don't have much space left on sides and top, but you could do enough to get a general sense of what the logo is when it's on a dark background.

edit: Don't feel obligated to try anything I suggested. But one piece of advice that is really useful if you're gonna redo the letters is using guidelines when making letters so that you can make them straight. You can make a simple grid for yourself for where each letter should go and how big it should be. You're lucky that only the letter "L" appears twice so that you don't really have to worry much about making letters identical.

Edited by CenMan

craigbaines

Just re-did it, kept the font simple.... just gotta see what it looks like in game now....

what you think?

Untitled-1-3.jpg

• Like 2

Darth_Zannah

Wow good job man! Good to see an original logo like this! I am really digging how you did the ties. :^:

craigbaines

Decided to make the writing white, on my deep red crew color background it will look pimp :)