GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is GTA Online Dying? Activity Discussion

The Lonesome Drifter

The Lonesome Drifter

It's dying, no doubt. I know many of you won't agree and for good reason (this is a forum about it after all), but when you look at it on a larger picture, it's obvious gta onlines lifespan won't be the 5 years or so your all expecting. Here's just a few of the reasons I noticed by playing this night alone:

- Jobs: they are terribly unbalanced, stupid payouts and all so boring and repetitive. And no mentioning Rooftop Rumble. This boring decaying mentally dumbing bug ridden job alone has killed the "join quick job" option seeing as the game is allergic to putting people in jobs OTHER than RR when choosing the option :(

- Races: the new track selections people make these days are terrible. The content creator, while a great feature in December, has now killed racing due to the... Hmm... Let's say 50000 "jumps" and "oval" super car races the idiots make :/ don't get me wrong when I say the content creators trash, they are some hidden gems out there, but they are buried so deep in trash that it's impossible to find a lobby for said tracks. Even hosting them yourself won't get more than 4 others before the timer expires anymore.

Death matches: the Autoaim alone kills the gamemode I'm my opinion (but that's just me), but again, due to content creator, a mass influx of "1000000RP" matches has scarred this gamemode for life. Servers are empty, maps are trash and rewards are lackluster. Moving on...

Capture: exactly like DM's, no more needs to be said.

Free roam: Pretty much the only mode with people in it. But sadly about 70% of said people are either trolls, griefers, squeakers, quieffers, glitchers and more. And not to mention that the free roam activities are next to non existant (crates, Armoured trucks, Crates, etc). Really free roams are nothing more than a no mans land these days :(

And shall I get started on the various glitches, overpriced items, hackers, chrome eyesores, broken servers, failed stealth system, annoying online related youtubers and more? No, I don't need to. Just play the game for an hour, if you played back in October, you would know just how bad the games got. And unless changes are done, it's gonna be dead before long :(

Edited by The Lonesome Drifter

The Lonesome Drifter

Considering half this forums community lives to redirect people to these threads, is say yes you do for being the first of many to post this :/

• Like 3

Once R* runs out of proper dlc to delay the game is doomed on console. On pc gta v won't die, although gta online may be avoided since there would be different ways to play online.

LurkingLurker

it certainly has lost its luster... kinda like when you work hard to get this one woman... then after you have sex its like... "eh i don't think this is gunna work out"

• Like 3

Always been this way. Do some roleplaying with a crew, have fun.

The Lonesome Drifter

Considering half this forums community lives to redirect people to these threads, is say yes you do for being the first of many to post this :/
They do it on almost every thread. Even good ones.

Meh, I end up doing it myself on car appreciation threads when I'm in a really bad mood :/

I just got so frustrated when playing the game tonight due to how bad it's become that I needed to vent my frustration over the game somewhere :( and I'm not expecting you all to agree (it's the internet after all), but surely this oughtn't help some people actually realise how bad it's become.

Quinn_flower

Now I do agree it's losing it's luster.

The question I have is how do r* expect us to to pay $60 for the same game again. Nicer graphics isn't going to cut it.

Hidden Zombie

Freeroam is honestly the most logical part of GTAO that R* should address. I think most people would want to stay in free roam if there were more to do. All the money made is spent on apartments and cars and I think free roam is the best place to showcase these. I think the only way to revitalize GTAO would be to put a bit more effort into freeroam activities.

• Like 2

wow I haven't played Online in ages but if this is true then this is very

good news f*ck yeah hopefully Rockstar will focus on Singleplayer again !

Charles_Lee_Raye

Ps4/ xbone version will revitalize it. But still that willonly keep people interested for so long.

CarimboHanky

if R* released an update every time this topic pop up here, the game would not be dying!!!

Edited by CarimboHanky

I stopped reading when I realised you're a freeaim snob.

Because being so lazy that you need the game to aim for you makes you less of a snob than aiming yourself.

• Like 4

I feel the same. When online was first released, I could join any game type and it would be a full lobby. Now when I search for Parachuting or LTS, I'll be lucky to get one person in the lobby. No one ever wants to play Golf, Darts or Tennis. I get invited once in a blue moon so as soon as it comes up in my phone that someone is inviting me to one of these, I drop everything and join as soon as I can.

• Like 4

"its dying no doubt"

then lists reasons why he personally doesn't like it and no evidence of it dying.

I was doing death matches and races for half the weekend, had NO trouble finding people to play with and full lobbies everywhere I went.

Edited by SpidersWeb

Free aim xbox.

I've been in ghost town all week. Don't know about anyone else.

Fixed it for ya

Also Hope this cheers you up OP

• Like 4

xoC18H21NO3xo

Well, truthfully, it is dying. I saw another post like this the other day and was going to post, but forgot.

The Lonesome Drifter

"its dying no doubt"

then lists reasons why he personally doesn't like it and no evidence of it dying.

I was doing deathmatches and races for half the weekend, had NO trouble finding people to play with and full lobbies everywhere I went.

One guy != majority of player base.

Are you stupid? Are your eyelids glued shut?

How did I NOT state the evidence of it dying? Didn't you read the "empty lobbies" part? Or the terrible custom matches part? Or any of it?

And I never claimed to be representing the majority of the player base, so calm down and think before you type.

Crunch McThornbody

Because being so lazy that you need the game to aim for you makes you less of a snob than aiming yourself.

You're just perpetuating the freeaim snobbery.

Brock Elvis

Nice rehash of various other threads assuming the exact same decline in player activity.

The_B1u3_Jay

Quit trying to start some Free-aim Vs. Auto-aim argument. You're being f*cking idiots for arguing about it.

Edited by Awesom-0
  • Like 1

It's not like rockstar cant fix and improve it so it does last. But they are being pretty slow about getting it done.

It's not like rockstar cant fix and improve it so it does last. But they are being pretty slow about getting it done.

Agreed, they are absolute f*cking sloths.

It's been 10 months and I still can't accept an invite without having to deal with an error that I shouldn't get. Player no longer in session my ass..

• Like 4

Not A Nice Person

There's good races, Like huge ramps and plunging into a toilet and going across the Alamo Sea in a bike, And whats the logic of complaining about glitches yet complaining about expensive items.

I feel like PC mods woukd save this game since R decided to restrict us like the great Fuhrer.

Pg7Txhi.gif