3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HeresOtis

[SA|WIP/REL] SAPD:FR

Fireman

The new builds are hard to test because there are no readme's since 5.0 and the buttonmapping has clearly changed from 4.0 to the current beta.

The first post still says to just throw everything in the GTA:SA root folder, that doesn't work neither.

Any instructions on the latest (8-4) beta would help. Or just 5.0.

So far I've liked 4.0 the best, the only thing that misses is a way to stop being the policeman. Is there a cancel button in 4.0, or was that not implemented?

Edited by Fireman

HeresOtis

The new builds are hard to test because there are no readme's since 5.0 and the buttonmapping has clearly changed from 4.0 to the current beta.

The first post still says to just throw everything in the GTA:SA root folder, that doesn't work neither.

So far I've liked 4.0 the best, the only thing that misses is a way to stop being the policeman. Is there a cancel button in 4.0, or was that not implemented?

Place everything in root folder. Install Silent's ASI Loader. Read SAPDFR.ini to understand keypresses.

Aqib.Hussain

Wait for you to reply...! :(

I'd suggest to remove the d3d dlls and test it.

ok

Edited by Aqib.Hussain

Aqib.Hussain

ok

Still mod not working please help HeresOtis

I wait alot for this mod plz help me

Edited by Aqib.Hussain

Fireman

Place everything in root folder. Install Silent's ASI Loader. Read SAPDFR.ini to understand keypresses.

Yes, but does that count for 5.0 as well (throwing everything in the root folder)? I know the .ini doesn't show the keypresses in 5.0, so you're wrong about that. They're in the script though but that's a bit hard to figure out as a non-scripter. I saw ALT+P as startup code so I used that, but it did not work, with all files in CLEO Folder or all files in root folder, does 5.0 simply not work at all? All the other version I've tested so far have worked.

Does 4.0 have a way to stop playing SAPD:FR? Or was that never implemented?

Edited by Fireman

Triton460

After the April update the mod doesn't load.

In the first April update the debug file wouldn't even change the date on the top, after the newest one it does overwrite the time in the debug file, but the mod still doesn't load.

http://pastebin.com/Mdp5da73 -debug file

http://imgur.com/a/5Rifz -screenshots of my folder

HeresOtis

ok

In the first April update the debug file wouldn't even change the date on the top, after the newest one it does overwrite the time in the debug file, but the mod still doesn't load.

Will work it out.

Yes, but does that count for 5.0 as well (throwing everything in the root folder)? I know the .ini doesn't show the keypresses in 5.0, so you're wrong about that. They're in the script though but that's a bit hard to figure out as a non-scripter. I saw ALT+P as startup code so I used that, but it did not work, with all files in CLEO Folder or all files in root folder, does 5.0 simply not work at all? All the other version I've tested so far have worked.

Does 4.0 have a way to stop playing SAPD:FR? Or was that never implemented?

I do not remember about 5.0. I don't think 4.0 had an off-duty feature.

HeresOtis

ok

Try testing this: https://copy.com/jqoDBn3MQZjeLK7y

Triton460

I've tested both the link that you posted for me and the 'Crash fix' version.

Both did not work.

HeresOtis

What happens?

Aqib.Hussain

What happens?

Hi HereOtis

Same error is coming in your latest version please help me

Triton460

What happens?

Nothing. Even the debug file doesn't update the date/time.

Talesz

SAPDFR Beta 2016/04/11 (Bater Fix)

-------------------------------------------------

[EN] which keys to press to start the mod?, does not work here.

[PT] Quais teclas pressionar para iniciar o mod?, aqui nada está a funciona.

Edited by Talesz

HeresOtis

Should automatically start.

Another possible fix: https://copy.com/oFOTG842FmGtFYxP

Talesz

[EN] thanks for the support

[PT] obrigado pelo apoio

Edited by Talesz

Triton460

Should automatically start.

Another possible fix: https://copy.com/oFOTG842FmGtFYxP

It works, however there are many bugs.

Set as suspect sometimes works, sometimes not (I do use the autoaim mod).

The arrest suspect function doesn't work. I tried to press Rshift + M and only M, but none gave results.

When I stop a ped and choose detain he does follow me, but upon requesting a prisoner transport he walks away and the prisoner transport car drives to where I stopped him and stays there (doesn't move, doesn't exit the car).

The biggest bug I experienced are dozens of police helicopters flying to my location, without me requesting them and without a blip on the map. Even when I spawn in the CJ's house I can hear them, sometimes see the blades of the chopper and I can also see the ropes which are usually used to deploy swat from helis.

Talesz
[EN] The SAPDFR.INI is not working.

SPACE BAR key is giving Spawn helicopters, I did not set this key plus it ta giving Spawn.

When I set the SAPDFR.INI, nothing changes.

[PT] O SAPDFR.INI não está funcionando.

Tecla de Espaço BAR está dando helicópteros de Spawn, eu não definir essa chave mais ele ta dando de Spawn.

Quando eu definir o SAPDFR.INI, nada muda.

Sorry my English, I do not speak English

Since already thanks for the support

Triton460

Update with recent fixes: https://copy.com/kSPnmAPP2fxrm6El

The heli's are no longer appearing and the prisoner transport works perfectly.

The only bigger issue I found is that upon stopping a car:

• I can't do a background check on the stopped car , I press E and nothing happens (same with holding E).
  • Suggestion: Upon requesting a person ID automatically do a background check.
  • Every traffic stop after the first one doesn't display any text with options (but still, if I press a button, a corresponding action will happen just like if there was that text box with those options/actions) -- This problem was present in an earlier version and it was fixed (until the newest update)

Other issues:

• After dying and respawning callouts do not appear and they can't be forced. (This can also sometimes happen without me dying, simply sometimes stops working) --there is a fix for this, it's to go off-duty (not busy) and then go back on-duty. -- This problem was also present in earlier versions (I forgot to mention it before)
  • Text stops appearing for a short time, but I hear those 'click' which indicate a new message call-out. It happens when there is a lot of text on the screen, such as when a call-out (in which I called for a lot of backup units), ends and then all those units call-in that they are available
  • After stopping multiple persons, or a person and then interacting with a car, the text box (ID check, Dismiss...) starts acting weirdly, it displays options for a person when I stop a car, two dismiss options are present, the menu (SHIFT + F2) is replaced by that glitchy text (it still has functions of the SAPDFR menu, but the text is 'wrong')
  • Often crashes which started to appear less frequently when I lower the game's graphics

Talesz
For me does not work the Menu (SHIFT + F2) and some other commands.

- GTA San Andreas Language English

- Silents ASI Loader 1.3

- Crack 1.0 US Hoodlum

This missing some thing?

Sorry my English, I do not speak English

Since already thanks for the support

Edited by Talesz

HeresOtis

- Silents ASI Loader 1.3
- Crack 1.0 US Hoodlum
This missing some thing?

Have you tried changing the keys? What keyboard layout you have? QWERTY?

Talesz

- Silents ASI Loader 1.3
- Crack 1.0 US Hoodlum
This missing some thing?

Have you tried changing the keys? What keyboard layout you have? QWERTY?

Thank you, change the keyboard layout to US now work

HeresOtis

Update with recent fixes: https://copy.com/kSPnmAPP2fxrm6El

The heli's are no longer appearing and the prisoner transport works perfectly.

The only bigger issue I found is that upon stopping a car:

• I can't do a background check on the stopped car , I press E and nothing happens (same with holding E).
  • Suggestion: Upon requesting a person ID automatically do a background check.
  • Every traffic stop after the first one doesn't display any text with options (but still, if I press a button, a corresponding action will happen just like if there was that text box with those options/actions) -- This problem was present in an earlier version and it was fixed (until the newest update)

Other issues:

• After dying and respawning callouts do not appear and they can't be forced. (This can also sometimes happen without me dying, simply sometimes stops working) --there is a fix for this, it's to go off-duty (not busy) and then go back on-duty. -- This problem was also present in earlier versions (I forgot to mention it before)
  • Text stops appearing for a short time, but I hear those 'click' which indicate a new message call-out. It happens when there is a lot of text on the screen, such as when a call-out (in which I called for a lot of backup units), ends and then all those units call-in that they are available
  • After stopping multiple persons, or a person and then interacting with a car, the text box (ID check, Dismiss...) starts acting weirdly, it displays options for a person when I stop a car, two dismiss options are present, the menu (SHIFT + F2) is replaced by that glitchy text (it still has functions of the SAPDFR menu, but the text is 'wrong')
  • Often crashes which started to appear less frequently when I lower the game's graphics

New update: https://copy.com/PcivkgUZ4zJqGSuZ

Fixed these issues besides the last one related to the game's graphics and the text disappearing.

Also, police helicopter now orbits it's target suspect in the air, Like how LAPD, LASD do in real life.

Like this:

Edited by HeresOtis

Triton460

The heli's don't move, they stay at their spawn point.

Also, it would be great if you could automatically make a background check when taking a person's ID (after stopping a car). This is how it works when stopping people on foot, but when stopping a car and asking for ID, it only displays the name of the person.

The traffic stop menu stays on the first set of options instead of displaying new ones. (Not sure, but I think this happens only after the first stopped car. READ EDIT)

EDIT: The traffic stop menu bug always happens (even on the first stopped car)

Edited by Triton460

Triton460

Any new progress?

HeresOtis

Yea, been working on a TTS system, but is crashing my game. I am also working on a crime report/selection screen to where after an arrest, you can choose what crimes you want to charge the suspect. So I will try to implement on next update.

Current update (should contain fixes/tweaks): https://www.mediafire.com/?3bex3nj5g6wgeox

Armystuntman

Just wanted to say that I'm quite amazed with the most recent build. I've been silently following this mod and sadly the previous builds always crashed with crucial parts such as arrests or shootouts, but the most recent build rarely ever crashes. (Only had one random crash when calling ambulances, and one crash when enterior an interior while having a partner spawned.)

But otherwise it's very very smooth. Callouts can be ended easily without any difficuilty, though the arrest transport seems to be a bit bugged. (The arresting NPC freezing near the suspect, guess it isn't finished yet, but it doesn't crash so it didn't matter to me.)

I especially loved how in one scenario, an NPC cop knocked down a suspect in a callout and performed the "Busted!" cop animation and stayed there, ending the callout successfully which was really damn cool.

One amazing feature with this mod that you may or may not have even realized worked was that, if you have a conversion mod that adds, say, new lands ect. (I tested it on the GTA: Underground mod) it actually spawns the police of the respective city added in by mods. (So I was playing this mod in Underground's "Vice City" and all the suspect pedestrians, cops ect spawned by SAPD:FR actually were the proper PEDS FROM VICE CITY!)

Even the fire department and ambulance spawn according to the new modded city, which is darn amazing. (The only things that don't have this is the police backup function, which is fine eitherway, it's just cool to see how far this script can go regarding compatibility with other mods.) Every callout I tried outside San Andreas in this map mod worked, haven't met a callout that spawned any bugged or misplaced pedestrians which is pretty cool.

Arresting isn't finished as you noted which is fine, but with the current system the "arrest" function technically still works if you roleplay it. You can use the function to disband your "Suspect" from your group near wherever you believe is the spot for the police station and the suspect won't follow you anymore, just like if you "arrested" him. That's a pretty awesome feature and if that's how you planned it to be used, it's absolutely perfect and really fun, because it gives you freedom to choose where to "arrest" the suspect, such as having a modded police station that wouldn't be considered for by the mod. I "arrested" multiple suspects by letting them off near the VCPD this way, and let me tell you, thank you for making this mod work so amazingly to this day, it was a really fun experience.

Perhaps something you may want to consider is the ability for your "group" to enter interiors. (It might fix the occasional crash when entering interiors, I'm not sure.) Like that people can use the arresting method above to move the suspect into the jail cells and disband them there wherever they feel like when they're done roleplaying.

May I make a suggestion? Is it possible to make a partner selection button to use the same model as the current player? So we can spawn models from the Skin Selector mod or other skin mods that add skins? Or would that not work out?

Edited by Armystuntman

HeresOtis

Just wanted to say that I'm quite amazed with the most recent build. I've been silently following this mod and sadly the previous builds always crashed with crucial parts such as arrests or shootouts, but the most recent build rarely ever crashes. (Only had one random crash when calling ambulances, and one crash when enterior an interior while having a partner spawned.)

But otherwise it's very very smooth. Callouts can be ended easily without any difficuilty, though the arrest transport seems to be a bit bugged. (The arresting NPC freezing near the suspect, guess it isn't finished yet, but it doesn't crash so it didn't matter to me.)

I especially loved how in one scenario, an NPC cop knocked down a suspect in a callout and performed the "Busted!" cop animation and stayed there, ending the callout successfully which was really damn cool.

One amazing feature with this mod that you may or may not have even realized worked was that, if you have a conversion mod that adds, say, new lands ect. (I tested it on the GTA: Underground mod) it actually spawns the police of the respective city added in by mods. (So I was playing this mod in Underground's "Vice City" and all the suspect pedestrians, cops ect spawned by SAPD:FR actually were the proper PEDS FROM VICE CITY!)

Even the fire department and ambulance spawn according to the new modded city, which is darn amazing. (The only things that don't have this is the police backup function, which is fine eitherway, it's just cool to see how far this script can go regarding compatibility with other mods.) Every callout I tried outside San Andreas in this map mod worked, haven't met a callout that spawned any bugged or misplaced pedestrians which is pretty cool.

Arresting isn't finished as you noted which is fine, but with the current system the "arrest" function technically still works if you roleplay it. You can use the function to disband your "Suspect" from your group near wherever you believe is the spot for the police station and the suspect won't follow you anymore, just like if you "arrested" him. That's a pretty awesome feature and if that's how you planned it to be used, it's absolutely perfect and really fun, because it gives you freedom to choose where to "arrest" the suspect, such as having a modded police station that wouldn't be considered for by the mod. I "arrested" multiple suspects by letting them off near the VCPD this way, and let me tell you, thank you for making this mod work so amazingly to this day, it was a really fun experience.

Perhaps something you may want to consider is the ability for your "group" to enter interiors. (It might fix the occasional crash when entering interiors, I'm not sure.) Like that people can use the arresting method above to move the suspect into the jail cells and disband them there wherever they feel like when they're done roleplaying.

May I make a suggestion? Is it possible to make a partner selection button to use the same model as the current player? So we can spawn models from the Skin Selector mod or other skin mods that add skins? Or would that not work out?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to accomplish your suggestions.

Armystuntman

For some reason the mod doesn't stop you from getting wanted by the police. (Kinda crucial methinks.) I was using another mod to lock the wanted level but it's probably something that should be pointed out :O

Also, is it possible to remove the specially scripted police peds at the police impound gates and garages? I've tried to find a script to remove them or remove their aim/call backup/shoot on sight behavior but I just can't find any.

Edited by Armystuntman