Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,001 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jeter2

GTA V iCEnhancer/ENB

GTA V iCEnhancer?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think GTA V Will Need iCEnhancer? or any Sort of Graphic Mod?

• Yes
    • No

jeter2

Hello i am a huge fan i Icenhancer and since 3.0 recently came it makes GTA IV look even more beautiful

My question is do you guys think GTA V would need icenhancer or any sort of graphic mod?

What do you think?

Edited by nkhaira

andersona7x6661

No dude,the graphic will be be more beatiful as possible,don't need this

NTAuthority

IV doesn't need it either?

Ash_735

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhanemenrs, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.

Xerukal

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhancers, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.

I tried it. Works great, but...

Is this a normal side-effect?

Edited by Xerukal

Ss4gogeta0

oh god... here comes the whole "ENB IZ MODDING DUR HURRRR" crap...

At the Cali state fair, I was playing GTA while volunteering at my Colleges Technology booth, and some dude was asking me why I dont play with IceEnhancer. He even said it was modding and that he modded it to fit his game perfectly...

Seriously, when will people learn that editing a text file to adjust some random numbers is *NOT MODDING*

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Ash_735

For quick results, just set saturation on Max in game, on your monitor and in Nvidia digital enhancers, SOO REAL U GUYS, so bright it burns my retinas, just like real life.

I tried it. Works great, but...

Is this a normal side-effect?

Brilliant m8, needs more bloom.

Sergiu

At the Cali state fair, I was playing GTA while volunteering at my Colleges Technology booth, and some dude was asking me why I dont play with IceEnhancer. He even said it was modding and that he modded it to fit his game perfectly...

Seriously, when will people learn that editing a text file to adjust some random numbers is *NOT MODDING*

Modding = modifying content. It could be considered as modding but technically, I don't think anyone having a bigger brain would do the same.

theNGclan

Modding = modifying content. It could be considered as modding but technically, I don't think anyone having a bigger brain would do the same.

Exactly.

The drivers themself are a mod, the configuration files are just a configurable asset of the modification. Seeing as how some ENB sets use injection kits that inject code INTO the game.

monk70

There is no limit to perfection. So yes.

The Algerian

The game looks pretty good as it is on old gen, despite the 30fps and gross aliasing.

Also I don't want to bother with these mods anymore, bit too many side-effects from my experience, also kinda kills the art direction and whatnot.

toxluv

Neither GTAIV nor GTAV need Mods like these, they're perfect the way they are. Both ENB Series and iCEnhancer make GTA games feel more plastic and less magic, in my opinion.

Braindawg

Need? No. Will it most likely have one? Sure.

People will always mod. period. I'm sure some graphical bug fixes or "settings" for old pc users will be out after a while.

Andreas

No, it certainly doesn't need ICEnhancer. No game really does. It's a cool addition, and it's nice for making amazing screenshots, but it messes with the atmosphere of the vanilla game. That's why I generally dislike graphic modifications. They are fine as long as they keep the atmosphere, and maybe even add to it and further improve it - but that is hardly ever the case, if I'm being honest.

I had downloaded ICEnhancer 3.0 for GTA IV a few days ago, and removed the mod after just two days because it ruined the immersion for me. V looks pretty impressive, its art direction is unique and beautiful. It looked amazing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS4, and it will likely look even better on PC. I don't need a mod that messes up the hard work the developer has put into it.

Edited by Andreas

ZZCOOL

No, it certainly doesn't need ICEnhancer. No game really does. It's a cool addition, and it's nice for making amazing screenshots, but it messes with the atmosphere of the vanilla game. That's why I generally dislike graphic modifications. They are fine as long as they keep the atmosphere, and maybe even add to it and further improve it - but that is hardly ever the case, if I'm being honest.

I had downloaded ICEnhancer 3.0 for GTA IV a few days ago, and removed the mod after just two days because it ruined the immersion for me. V looks pretty impressive, its art direction is unique and beautiful. It looked amazing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS4, and it will likely look even better on PC. I don't need a mod that messes up the hard work the developer has put into it.

i used to agree i hated enb but icenhancer 3.0 is the first enb i could use full time i really like it alot

œaœa

So much ignorance in this thread. If any of you even knew how much work was put into 3.0, you wouldn't be saying anything.

As for the atmosphere, it wasn't meant to be dark and gritty but as realistic as possible.

EncryptedReality

All IV graphics need from ENB(imo) are sun rays(godrays), better clouds/sky and perhaps reflections. Everything else in ENB is pretty much utter bullsh*t

Yes, i didn't say anti-aliasing because there are other ways of getting that in the game without using ENB at all. (e.g display drivers' settings and other utilties can be used for this - ofcourse these utilities often if not always use the d3d9.dll file like ENB does).

Edited by GTARandom

Performer

ITS LIKELY WON'T EVEN GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3209

That's an old quote of his, he recently said he's looking forward to modding GTA V.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-v-will-receive-enbseries-modding-treatment/

OH WOW. Didn't read that. o_O

AWESOME :)

Edit: ENB only works with DX9 currently - It will be a long and sweaty coding highway for him.

Edited by Performer

Skreedi

I voted yes but I don't think the graphic will be bad. Just you, know, it always can be better and if someone can and want to do it, then why not?

_CP_

Maybe you don't realize, but iCEnhancer is preset-only addon for ENB, not standalone modification. GTA V looks gorgeous on PS3/X360 and game don't need extreme change in graphic aspect, just look on my photos:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Weathers need a little tweak, e.g. storm and fog:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Few days after PS4/XB1/PC premiere I'll release first version of VisualV (IV users know that modification).

Rafael1703

Need it? No... Will it make the game look even better? Of course!

RyanBurnsRed

ENB works great for Skyrim. It can really make the game gorgeous and add to the atmosphere and immersion. Combine that with iHUD, and you can have a next gen cinematic experience on a 2011 console port.

I find most ENBs for GTA are too bright and washed out. I personally don't use them on GTA IV. It takes away from the cold, gray, gritty atmosphere that IV and TLAD is supposed to have. I also don't use it on TBOGT because it seems colorful enough already to fit the theme.

But if I were to use an ENB, it'd be iCEnhancer 1.2. It's probably my favorite actually.

Anyway like Andreas said, GTA V doessn't need ENB, but it will happen anyway.

Konstelation

Honestly, I love the mods and everything they came out with IV, but then again I don't... It makes certain things just like way too fake. I don't understand it, and I can't pinpoint it, but so much to me looks fake in certain area's. It's like it's just plastered or plastic.

NYC PATROL

I don't think V will really need any ICE/ENB mods. The sky and environments already look amazing. The only thing I could see fitting in nicely are some texture mods. (And more trees lol)

Edited by NYC PATROL

fefenc

Maybe you don't realize, but iCEnhancer is preset-only addon for ENB, not standalone modification. GTA V looks gorgeous on PS3/X360 and game don't need extreme change in graphic aspect, just look on my photos:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Weathers need a little tweak, e.g. storm and fog:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Few days after PS4/XB1/PC premiere I'll release first version of VisualV (IV users know that modification).

I think GTA V will need a ENB, I can't stand this kiddy cartoonish graphs :S

Cforumlbgfeva

I'm just going to do timecycle mods :D

Performer

Now everyone says "no" and "it can't be anymore better" but when ENB is finally out you're all like "OMG. BEST GRAPHICS EVER!111!!1"

It's always like that. There are always improvements that you can make.

I just wanna have the ICEnhancer colors in GTA V. Blue sky, nice HDR bloom and those goddamn car reflections and I'm good. ICE for GTA V please.

Also GTA V won't probably have features like Chromatic Abberation and strong Depth of Field. Maybe it will have Depth of Field but not as advanced as ENB has it.

Also the motion blur on ENB was much better compared to the IV one.

I'm looking forward to this. :)

Edited by Performer

Ash_735

Maybe it will have Depth of Field but not as advanced as ENB has it.

Also the motion blur on ENB was much better compared to the IV one.

I'm looking forward to this. :)

Yes, what do sh*tty developers know? ENB IS LOVE, ENB IS LIFE.