4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Drunken Cowboy

Gang Wars Increase Difficulty?

MrVance

Well i intend to only do what is necesary for 100% completition in V and not an inch more. I had enough hard time of passing (and finding) 25 stunt jumps alone so i`d be out of my mind if i`d even think about doing all 50 of them. Lol.

And those colectibles, geez that sh*t is too much. And the worst thing that can happen to you is when you have like 48 or 49 out of 50 spaceship parts/letter scraps but you have no idea where you missed 1 or 2...f*cking nightmare.

That`s GTA game, the more some thing is uselles the harder is to do and the longer is the time needed to get it done.

I really hope R* will come to a sense one day and remove this bullsh*t from their games because it`s really a sad and pathetic attempt to make their gamers play longer. Because i really doubt that someone is actually having fun while colecting these silly things. They could add so many amusing things that you could do after finishing the main storyline other than those stupid colectibles.

Edited by MrVance

Lethal Vaccine

I don't think it's possible to "miss" a collectable. If you do it the way I do it: Go to Youtube and open up a guide. Find 1st collectable on Youtube guide. Hit pause. Go to game, collect the collectable. Go back to Youtube guide, find second collectable. Pause Youtube guide, go to game and get second collectable. It's really that simple. Idk how someone can actually miss one or skip one on accident, unless they are clueless and not paying attention like, at all, lol...

Webster.

They don't ALWAYS cruise around in cars. The Gang Wars are Crusing, Siege, and Convoy.

Cruising means...Like what it says. The cars OR motorcycles are cruising around and you take them all down. However, in later wars, backup comes in also cars or motorcycles.

I was speaking about the Italians and Russians. Yes, they do ALWAYS cruise around in cars. You must have a completely different game from me if you've seen Italian mobsters driving around the city on motorcycles or trucks.

Anyway forgive me if I'm talking bullsh*t, I haven't played the game properly enough for around 9 months, and I've just started playing GTA IV about 2 days ago haha

Edited by Webster.

Lethal Vaccine

I was speaking about the Italians and Russians. Yes, they do ALWAYS cruise around in cars. You must have a completely different game from me if you've seen Italian mobsters driving around the city on motorcycles or trucks.

Anyway forgive me if I'm talking bullsh*t, I haven't played the game properly enough for around 9 months, and I've just started playing GTA IV about 2 days ago haha

Yes, they cruise around in cars...........On a CRUISING GANG WAR. There is times they aren't CRUISING, being in a SIEGE war, or CONVOY war.

MrVance

You can easily miss 1 or 2 because most of the internet guides aren`t that good and because you "accidently" pick a colectablle or 2 while just exploring, when you don`t intend to picking them on purpouse. And by the time you start actively picking them you`ve already forgot which 1 or 2 you`ve already picked. Especially when you have other things to do besides gaming. That can happen, it happened to me in almost every game so far but i`ve always found them all sooner later.

But anyway i`ve 100% completed V few hours ago so now it`s time to search for those UFOs and "bigfoot".

Lethal Vaccine

Lol, I never pick up or shoot collectables (Pigeons) until I am ready to do them all. All guides on Youtube were fine for me. I never use pictures/maps or written word guides. Just video guides on Youtube pin pointing the map location, then I put a GPS to the location on game and see where the guy is picking it up. Really easy.

In fact, I don't pick ANYTHING up, even guns/ammo, because 3D Era gives you all guns/ammo at safehouse once collectables are done and as for HD Era, I just get a lot of money and call Jacob, Terry, or Armando for guns/ammo...

MrVance

No i meant like that; in V for example, early in the game when i wasn`t even planing on get 100% yet, i went around just exploring, Mt. Chiliad so i step on that spot where is 1 letter scrap (behind gondola). And later there was another similar situation. But towards the end of the storyline missions i`ve decided to get for 100% again since my last PS3 died (thus i lost my previous 100% slot) and i started to activelly search for those scraps. By that time i almost forgot where did i pick 2 of them already (i have alot on my mind- f*cking job and all) and those 2 "missing" scraps made me f*cking hard time untill i checked every location again.

So it`s like that. I`m sure i aint the only one whom already happened this sh*t lol.

Lethal Vaccine

Probably not the only one...But all I am saying is: Don't pick anything up. If you do by accident, reload. As I said, I don't touch a collectable until I am good and ready to collect them all and nothing more. When I am ready for collectables, I go into a full blown collectable mode and don't stop until they are all done. If it takes a couple or few days, then it does, but in the meantime, I don't do ANYTHING other in the game until those collectables are finished...

In HD GTA Games, I don't even do collectables until the very, very end of the game when I have finished EVERYTHING else for 100%. In IV, I was 97.50% before I did any of those 200 Pigeons. Pigeons count as 2.50% which gave me 100%. In TLaD, I was 96.67% before I did the 50 Seagulls. Seagulls count as 3.33% which gave me 100%. TBoGT, I will do the exact same thing, and save the 50 Seagulls for last...As for GTA V, I will also save the 100 collectables for the end of the game, too...

In 3D Era GTA Games, I usually would do the Collectables toward the beginning of the game, before I did much of anything, thus giving me all guns and ammo + armor, for the story missions and everything else...

Edited by Militia

MrVance

You`re right and i`ll do that way next time because you`ll only do it right if you collect them all at once and do nothing else in between just like you said.

And i`ve already found perfect guides for all GTA collectables with no location errors. It is on gamesradar.com page. I`ve searched through couple of guides and i found out how many errors are in them which is really frustrating.