1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Drunken Cowboy

Gang Wars Increase Difficulty?

Drunken Cowboy

Is it me, or is this true?

I'm replaying TLaD on PC, and I've gotten to around Gang War 18.

On console, I won roughly 80-some, and failed a lot more.

As you keep playing, you eventually unlock more crime syndicates. The Italian and Russian mob are better shots and more well-armed than the Albanian hoods or the AoD, but are their stats just buffed and buffed? I vaguely remember all my backup, including fully buffed Terry, Clay, and Jim just getting absolutely wrecked after first contact with the enemy gang. Do gang wars just keep accelerating in difficulty endlessly?

lol232

After 45th-50th level the difficulty stops increasing, but, the answer is yes; the difficulty gets increased after each 5 or 10 gang wars.

Edited by lol232

Jioyt 123

I havnt realised this, although i was mildly annoyed (on xbox 360) as i thought the acheivment for the EFLC was for 25 GANG wars, not damn DRUG wars in TBOGT :(

B Dawg

Trying to keep your buddies alive becomes a pain in the ass. I sometimes reload my save games just to try and keep one of them alive. You need a good position, lots of explosives and you need to be lucky.

Lethal Vaccine

^^^ Yeah, I go at the Gang Wars all alone, basically. My guys ALWAYS die within the first couple minutes, basically, too...

Also, I thought so....That the Gang Wars were increasingly difficult. However, I only did 25 or 50 of them, whatever was required for 100% Completion, NOT all the extra guns at the safehouse. But in TBoGT, I did all Drug Wars for 100% Completion, plus the others to get the guns at the safehouse, so I guess 50 or 100? I can't really remember tbh.

universetwisters

I remember one of the gang wars I did, I got blown up by a guy who had either grenades or a legit grenade launcher. Lordy damn I never would've caught that.

Payne Killer

Use the aiming technique. Slightly hold down the aim button and headshot everyone there with the automatic pistol or an M4

Drunken Cowboy

The Russians use RPGs, molotovs, and grenades, while the Italians just use grenades, but are better shots.

I think in terms of difficulty, it's AoD, Jamaicans, Albanians, Russians, Italians.

B Dawg

The Russians use RPGs, molotovs

Lol wut? How much of them have you done to have Russians carry RPGs and molotovs :panic: ? I'm like at 68 or 69.

Edited by B Dawg

MrVance

Sorry for bumping this topic but i really want to know at which point of gang wars exactly have enemies the RPG? Because i`m at 142 currently and i haven`t met one enemy yet who would have RPG or grenade (thank god for that lol). But they have molotovs which is a pain in the ass. No matter how much health or armour you have, when caught in a fire you`re wasted. Because the guys keep throwing molotovs and giving me no chance to getting up. And those 2 morons you roll with are pretty much useless since i do it all by myself. They have alot of health alright, they don`t die as fast as The Lost MC did in gang wars but still i don`t recall them actually helping me out. More than that they are in my way when i try to fire RPG.

Drug wars are repetative but fun to do because they get real hard after 30 so you are satisfied when complete them. You have like 20 or more goons with collosal amount of health, some of them can even survive 2-3 explosive shotgun shells.

Like that wouldn`t be enough you get cops on you after 30 drug wars regulary. The wanted level is locked at 2 stars but you are caught in the middle of cops and goons shooting on you.

Ganfg wars in TLaD were piece of cake compare to this.

B Dawg

Someone should make a mod that makes the Lost MC backup tougher to make things more interesting. It's a real pain trying to keep one gang member alive. If your ambush fails, grenades miss, or position is bad, you're f*cked!

Also, keep your eyes on this upcoming new gang war mod for IV and both episodes!

http://gtaforums.com/topic/736042-liberty-city-gangs-hostilityweapons-etc/

MrVance

Yo don`t need to keep any of your brothers (whether be A and H in TBoGT or T, C or others in TLaD) alive in order to complete gang/drug war. Because as soon as you finish the mission it will be like before. In TBoGT Armando and Henrique will spawn again in TLaD the same goes for Terry and Clay plus the other members of TLMC who are random guys with diferent names every time.

So don`t bother keeping them alive because it doesn`t change nothing besides you are too occupied with protecting them that you take more damage yourself.

As for their help, it`s lame, you need to actually do 95% of the work by yourself so i don`t really give a sh*t what happens to them during the war.

MrVance

I`m still dying to know at which point of drug wars in TBoGT goons have RPG`s exactly? Because i`d really like to see that, it would be really challenging to survive that.

So, if anyone knows? Please?

Lethal Vaccine

Idk about Drug Wars in TBoGT, but in TLaD, I remember doing only 25 Gang Wars (for 100%, of course) and I stopped at 25. However, within these 25, I do remember some guys with RPG's and also Grenades. I am unsure which gang had them. Although, it depends I believe which Gang War Icon you go to, because some were way harder than others, and sometimes there really was one guy with an RPG, but had poor aim, and certainly guys with Grenades as I got blown to bits by them a couple times. Even my own guys (Terry or Clay) had Grenades and f*cked me over a couple times, too...

In all honesty, I thought the Gang Wars were REALLY hard in TLaD. I did these second last, or last for 100% alternating with the 50 Pigeons. As for Drug Wars in TBoGT, I did 50 of them to get all the guns at the safehouse and don't recall any RPG's or Grenades. I really wanted those guns in TLaD at my safehouse. I might have to do another 25 of those dreadful wars and just go them, but not anytime soon. My main focus currently is messing around in GTA V, and when PC version comes out and people find more unique vehicles with special properties, colors, etc, I am gonna re-do that game. Maybe once V is complete, I will do another playthrough of TLaD and TBoGT. Hell, maybe even SA, and LCS...

MrVance

Thanks Militia. Unfortunately i haven`t came across a gangster with RPG or grenade in TLaD gang wars neither even if i did 62 of them. Or fortunately :lol: depends how you look at it.

Now tell me one thing, i curently play V again, going to 100% just to unlock those 3 UFOs. BTW- have you noticed one thing- go with chopper and hover at the exact spots where UFOs are seen when 100% completed the game and you will see some weird things going on. Really creepy stuff.

Anyway i wanted to ask you about the car modification in V, when you buy an armoured bumpers or something, how is that helpfull during the police pursuits? If there`s any?

Man such a good cars in V with all these great modifications but no proof vehicles. I could really do with them in V more than in any other GTA game.

Lethal Vaccine

No problem.

Yes, I've flown to all 3 UFO's in V and checked them out. I like the noises they make and how they just "appear" when you get close to them. I just wish you could do more with them as they are just easter eggs and nothing more to them.

V car mods are worthless. In police pursuits the car may appear "stronger" but regardless, if you continue to bump into objects or cars, your vehicle will become "weaker" even if it's not displaying much visual damage and sooner or later you'll fly out the windshield and either die, or come an inch of your life bar still left. It's a really bummer in V, thus I am not all that keen with it.

If you want proof vehicles in V, you could easily download Hazard's Save Editor and simply activate them. The only vehicles that'll become proofed, though, are the ones in your SAFEHOUSE garages ONLY. Trevor has 2 safehouses with 4 total vehicles, Michael has a safehouse with 2 total vehicles, and Franklin has a safehouse with 2 total vehicles, which equals 8 total vehicles you can make AP. AP cars aren't even fun, but the AP Lazer and AP Rhino Tank are kings...I completely understand using NO cheats/mods, etc in your save files, as I am the same way. But if you wanted to just mess around and have a backup of your clean save, it's surely a lot of fun. I don't use "cheat codes," but I do in fact use the Save Editor for GTA V. It's the only game I experimented with modding, which to some is classified as cheating...

Btw, I am actually gonna start doing another playthrough of TLaD and TBoGT and go for a complete collection of Unique and EC vehicles in both games. I have the proof vehicle collections in III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and IV. But I have nothing in TLaD, TBoGT or V. So before I do V, I am actually gonna do TLaD/TBoGT both to 100%, with perfect stats and a vehicle collection. I already picked out my 16 vehicles I will get in TLaD and soon gonna pick out the 16 I get in TBoGT, then start playing these games. Since they are DLC's, they go much quicker than SA and IV, which are my longest total playing times for all games in the series so far. TLaD/TBoGT on my first 100% files were in the 20 hour range, so it'll go quickly...

Edited by Militia

MrVance

Can you tell me how should i load this save editor? I need to conect to the internet through PS3 i suppose?

Maybe i`ll try it.

I am going for my 2.nd 100% completition in V again since my previous save file was lost due to my old PS died a month ago.

Again, like in all GTA games there is the same problem with V- too short storyline and way too many side bullsh*t. Especially those strangers and random events are pain in the ass. And i need to go for it again. Aw jesus.

I really don`t get why R* made V storyline so short. Altough missions are longer then in the older games but still, 69 is really not enough. It`s an awesome plot and great missions that`s why i was so disapointed on it`s lenght.

I`d rather pay 200$ for next GTA game just to have few hundred missions.

You did 100% in TLaD/TBoGT in 20 hours only? Man that`s quite impressive. I needed far more than that due to those f*cking seagulls and that stupid little side activities with A and H in TBoGT.

Lethal Vaccine

For the GTA V Save Editor, just go to Google and search "XB36Hazard Save Editor." Whatever version you download, won't matter as once you get the version on your computer and open it, it'll ask you to download the newest version of the editor. Once downloaded, all you do is put your Xbox360 OR PS3 save onto a USB Drive and put it into your computer. Open the save editor, open your save file within the editor and go to town. It's really that simple. Once you do your editing of your save, you click SAVE in the editor and then take your USB back to PS3/Xbox360 and load up your game. Very easy stuff...To make vehicles AP in V, you just go to the "Garages" tab in the Editor, and click on the little "house icon" in the top right corner then when you see your vehicles in M, T, and F's safehouse garages, just click on the checkbox that says "The Works" and this will make vehicles indestructible. The proofings are like that of GTA IV's proofings. They are surely BP/DP/EP/FP, but the BP property is only good if the windows aren't broken, since cops can shoot you simply through the broken windows (hence why I only like the Lazer and Tank to make AP, cars are useless since they all have windows and once you crash, windows break...) The DP property will show dents and bangs on the car, but it'll NEVER smoke, catch fire, or blow up. The EP property is 100% legit, though and completely EP. The FP property also is 100% legit and shows nothing from fire.

In TLaD I finished with like 21 or 23 hours. I have it written down in one of your topics you created in the GTA Series Chats "How Long Does it Take You to Complete a Game" or something like that...In TBoGT, I have 29 hours, but I did 50 Drug Wars, instead of 25, which took at least another hour or two of playing time, maybe even a bit longer...

But I am really excited to start TLaD and TBoGT over again and go for 100%, with the best stats I can get, and 16 Unique/EC vehicles in both games. These two games, plus GTA V is the only games thus far that I never generated a vehicle collection, so I am looking forward to doing these games again, but this time getting a collection like my III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and IV saves are like.

ON TOPIC - I dread doing these Gang Wars again for a couple reasons: 1, they were pretty challenging for me and seemed to never end as backup just kept coming and 2, because there is some Unique and EC vehicles that I am gonna be obtaining from the Gang Wars which are the EC Black Comet from the Jamaicans and the Unique/EC Slamvan from Angels of Death. The Slamvans can be blue and white, orange and black, or all black. The blue and white one is the most rare, next to the orange and black Slamvan. I have the EC Orange/Black Slamvan in my current TLaD playthrough, but now that I am doing this game over again, I am going for way more vehicles this time around as I only had 7 total Unique/EC vehicles in my first playthrough, this time going for 16, lol

Edited by Militia

MrVance

Yeah the gang/drug wars was the only thing that was really challenging in EFLC once you`ve reched 30 or more. I found drug wars in TBoGT somehow harder than gang wars in TBoGT (i`ve noticed far more gang members than in TLaD wars) but in TLaD it sucked because you need to be on the bike thus you`re more vulnerable. You loose your health and armour quicker and not to mention that your tires gets poped pretty soon while the shootout and then you can`t do sh*t.

Lethal Vaccine

Well, I started TLaD again and am already 55.91% Completion in just 2 days. Tomorrow, when I finish the story, I should be 75.25% Completion. However, I dread doing the 25 Gang Wars, or 50 if I am on a roll and then can get all the guns at Brian's safehouse. There is also numerous Unique and EC vehicles found in Gang AND Drug Wars in both TLaD and TBoGT...I have a couple on my list to get, and as you know, the gang wars are completely randomized...I hope I get in a battle with the AoD and they bring their Unique/EC Slamvans that are white/purple, white/blue, and black/orange...I have the Black/Orange Slamvan in my past save, this time I need that again, or the white/blue one, which is the rarest to find. Also when you do a Gang War with the Jamaicans, you can get these EC Black Comets to spawn, but again, it's very rare. I got one in my past save, but only seen one ONCE. Luckily I snagged the only one I ever saw in TLaD...Because it's a game about bikers and what not, the Sports/Super cars don't spawn. As for the Infernus, the ONLY time you will see it is during Stubbs' Dirty Laundry side mission in "Knowing Me, Knowing You." It's also an EC vehicle, let alone Unique, due to its paintjob. A matter of fact, that Unique/EC Infernus in TLaD is the SAME paintjob as the one you get from Bernie in GTA IV...I like that Orange color...

Niobium

Well, I started TLaD again and am already 55.91% Completion in just 2 days. Tomorrow, when I finish the story, I should be 75.25% Completion. However, I dread doing the 25 Gang Wars, or 50 if I am on a roll and then can get all the guns at Brian's safehouse. There is also numerous Unique and EC vehicles found in Gang AND Drug Wars in both TLaD and TBoGT...I have a couple on my list to get, and as you know, the gang wars are completely randomized...I hope I get in a battle with the AoD and they bring their Unique/EC Slamvans that are white/purple, white/blue, and black/orange...I have the Black/Orange Slamvan in my past save, this time I need that again, or the white/blue one, which is the rarest to find. Also when you do a Gang War with the Jamaicans, you can get these EC Black Comets to spawn, but again, it's very rare. I got one in my past save, but only seen one ONCE. Luckily I snagged the only one I ever saw in TLaD...Because it's a game about bikers and what not, the Sports/Super cars don't spawn. As for the Infernus, the ONLY time you will see it is during Stubbs' Dirty Laundry side mission in "Knowing Me, Knowing You." It's also an EC vehicle, let alone Unique, due to its paintjob. A matter of fact, that Unique/EC Infernus in TLaD is the SAME paintjob as the one you get from Bernie in GTA IV...I like that Orange color...

there is a way to get the infernus in TLAD actually.

1. Go to your phone and select Stubbs>Job
2. Stubbs might give you the mission where you plant the bug on Bryce Dawkins' car. If he gives you a different mission, complete that mission and go back to step 1. If he gives you the mission with the bug on Bryce Dawkins' car, continue to step 3.
3. After Stubbs tells you to steal Dawkins' Infernus, drive all the way to the Infernus like the mission instructs you to do.
4. Get in the Infernus. The game will instruct you to drive the Infernus over to the mechanic by 20:30, or 12:45 or whatever. DO NOT drive to the bug-planting guy. Instead, drive the Infernus to your safehouse. Park the car in the parking space.
5. Exit the car, and hijack another car from the streets. Drive away from the safehouse so you can't see it anymore. Then, fail the mission by passing the time limit, which was 20:30, or 12:45 or whatever.
6. Once you go over the time limit, Johnny will call Stubbs to say he failed to deliver the car. After the call, drive back to the safehouse where you parked your Infernus.
7. You now have an Infernus that you can drive around!

@militia

did you know that there is a way to get roman's taxi in TLAD?

Edited by nobum62

Lethal Vaccine

@nobum62:

Thanks for the tips, but I already know this! :p I had the Unique/EC Orange Infernus in my previous TLaD 100% Save File. I am just stating the same one from IV is in TLaD as well. I like this Orange color and it's an EC vehicle in both games (Exclusive Color - No Pay and Spray will ever duplicate this color)

These are the Unique and EC vehicles I am going for in TLaD and the ones crossed off are the ones I already have. Tomorrow, I will get the Unique Roman's Taxi and EC Gold Lustered Black Stretch from "Diamonds in the Rough."

EC Schafter, Unique Prison Bus, EC Rhapsody, Unique Laundromat, Unique Regina, Unique Hakuchou Custom, Unique Roman's Taxi, EC Stretch, EC Turismo, Unique Double T Custom, EC Oracle, Unique/EC Infernus, EC Cognoscenti, Unique/EC Slamvan, Unique/EC Comet, Unique/EC Gang Burrito

Just check my profile, man. I am a big Proof/Unique/EC Vehicle collector. I have in my profile all the vehicles I have in every game thus far. Once I finish TLaD, I am gonna do the same for TBoGT and then eventually GTA V.

Also, in my profile states what I originally had in TLaD in my first playthrough, which was only 7 Unique and EC vehicles. This time, I am going for 16 in total. Much bigger, and better, complete collection.

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

Tomorrow, I am starting on the gang wars for TLaD. I hope to find a White/Blue or Black/Orange Slamvan, a Gang Burrito, hopefully the Black/Orange one, and a Black Comet! :) We'll see how I do this time around. For me last March, after Gang War 20, I started running into problems, but then again, I try to never use cover and just take them all down quickly, but it never seems to work, mainly because the lock on system blows ass in IV + Episodes and also the f*ckers never die, you pump like 30+ bullets into them with AK-47 and MAYBE then will die, unless you get a headshot...

Lethal Vaccine

These are still difficult for me...I passed 25 of them for the percentage. But lately, I just been reloading to get in a war with the AoD or Jamaicans. Jamaicans rarely spawn and as for the AoD, I am trying to get the war to spawn that is a Convoy type of war. It's always cruising or siege for the most part.

Not to mention, f*ckers with grenades always blow me up and gotta reload. AoD is surely the guys with Grenades. Didn't see any RPG's, though, just a LOT of Grenades....

MrVance

Well i didn`t have such "luck" to meet a grenade guys. Hovewer there were plenty of molotov guys after 30. drug/gang war and that sucked big time. Once you get hit by fire you`re dead man. You can`t get up while on fire (which is total bullsh*t like you would just l lay on the ground if you would get caught on fire) and by the time you recover another molotov kicks inn.

So i have diferent strategy from now on. I keep large distance when i fire 1.st shot and then i try to locate the guy with molotov with sniper scope- usually there is only 1 guy who has molotov. Then i put him down first before i shoot another gangsters. But it is hard sometimes since you can`t always see who has the molotov or where he is.

So yeah, gang/drug wars after 25 or 30 in TLaD/TBoGT are quite challenging and actually the only thing that is hard to complete.

Lethal Vaccine

I agree. Nothing is challenging in the entire HD Era, but Gang/Drug Wars in TLaD/TBoGT.

I am surprised you never seen guys with Grenades...They are almost in every single Gang War with the AoD that I am in. Ever since I reached Gang War 17 or 18, I started seeing Grenades and Molotovs. I am on Gang War 26 now, but I don't care to pass them anymore. I am simply reloading and retrying cuz I want the Unique/EC Black Comet from the Jamaicans, but the only time I ever saw one was during a Siege War and a Convoy War, and Convoy Wars are hard to get to spawn. It's usually Cruising and Siege, over Convoy. Also, simply getting a war with the Jamaicans is damn near impossible. It just doesn't happen for some reason. Very rarely have I seen the Jamaicans. Maybe like 4 or 5 times out of 25. Most times it's AoD, which is a good thing cuz I want the Unique/EC White/Blue or Orange/Black Gang Burrito from them, but it's once again never spawning during the war cuz when they spawn is typically during Convoy Wars as the backup that comes.

Webster.

Yeah

It becomes harder after completing 5 or so and you will face more enemies with a better range of guns. After a couple, you have to take down other crews besides the Angels of Death MC such as the Italians and Russians. They come better equipped with guns like assault rifles and machine guns, and they always cruise around in cars

Lethal Vaccine

They don't ALWAYS cruise around in cars. The Gang Wars are Crusing, Siege, and Convoy.

Cruising means...Like what it says. The cars OR motorcycles are cruising around and you take them all down. However, in later wars, backup comes in also cars or motorcycles.

Siege means the gang is hanging out somewhere just standing around. You go to their location and kill them all, however, backup will come in cars or motorcycles if you are on a higher level gang war.

Convoy means you have a single target vehicle to destroy. However, guys on motorcycles or in cars are usually escorting the vehicle, thus will try and attack you while you are trying to destroy the target vehicle until it blows up. Although, lets say you kill the guys in the target vehicle, but didn't blow the vehicle up, backup will yet again come in cars or on motorcycles, of course at a higher level.

Convoy wars are usually the rarest, mainly because they are the easiest and they seem the rarest, also, because you can get a lot of unique and EC vehicles in these wars, too, more so than the other 2 types of wars.

The most frequent war is Cruising and the hardest war is usually Siege.

Anyways, I finally got a war with the Jamaicans to spawn today (Cruising) and low and behold, I found the Unique/EC Black Comet. After the war was over, of course I saved it! So now I have 15 total Unique and EC vehicles in my collection for TLaD. Just need one more, then Unique/EC Black, Orange/Black, or White/Blue Gang Burrito, but this one is easily the rarest vehicle in the game during Gang Wars.

Edited by Militia

MrVance

I agree. Nothing is challenging in the entire HD Era, but Gang/Drug Wars in TLaD/TBoGT.

I am surprised you never seen guys with Grenades...They are almost in every single Gang War with the AoD that I am in. Ever since I reached Gang War 17 or 18, I started seeing Grenades and Molotovs. I am on Gang War 26 now, but I don't care to pass them anymore. I am simply reloading and retrying cuz I want the Unique/EC Black Comet from the Jamaicans, but the only time I ever saw one was during a Siege War and a Convoy War, and Convoy Wars are hard to get to spawn. It's usually Cruising and Siege, over Convoy. Also, simply getting a war with the Jamaicans is damn near impossible. It just doesn't happen for some reason. Very rarely have I seen the Jamaicans. Maybe like 4 or 5 times out of 25. Most times it's AoD, which is a good thing cuz I want the Unique/EC White/Blue or Orange/Black Gang Burrito from them, but it's once again never spawning during the war cuz when they spawn is typically during Convoy Wars as the backup that comes.

You got to add stunt jumps in V to that chalenging list. I don`t know if it`s just me or stunt jumps in V are so f*cking hard to complete. First you got to locate them- even that can be hard since 90% of internet guides are crappy. And then complete them with only 0.01% error alowed.. Some of them are really frustrating like those two 90° upward ramps at the airport.

You try some jump like 100 times with bike, you do everything corectly and you still don`t pass it. But them you realize that you need to do it in a car.

Man i almost lost my mind at those jumps and since i like to have 0 dead stats in my game i reloaded the game like 200 or more times back to last quick save. Luckly my PS3 didn`t die from all those reloadings lol.

Which reminds me how fast you die in V. You can have 100% health and 100% armour but you will still die if you land a little harder on your bike- even if you don`t fall off. Not to mention that anoying wasted scene in V..zzzzzzzzz... that makes me f*cking nervous.

Lethal Vaccine

I guess that's true, too. Those Stunt Jumps in V are just rediculous. However, instead of doing those horrendous stunt jumps like the vertical ramps near the airport, etc, you can find another one, due to only having to complete 25 out of 50 of them for 100% Completion.

When I do V over again, I plan on doing everything though. Gonna truck through to 100%, Perfect Stats, and possibly a vehicle collection. Once I do that, I am gonna then go back and do the rest of the Stunt Jumps, Knife Flights, Collectables, etc, etc, etc...