Loading screen blinking

XaviHernandez

XaviHernandez

I'm curious about the fact with loading screen in GTA: San Andreas.

Normally the loading bar keeps loading with loading screens until the map is loaded. But, I saw on some map conversion videos that if you make changes on the game map or just clean it with Map Cleaner, the loading music will cut at the end of loading and the screen will start blinking, like in the beginning of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQNEKTO2M4

(loading starts at 0:20).

I was thinking that it might be the result of changing the map total size (after deleting old objects and adding new + many objects are missing so the map is loaded much earlier than loading screen was predicting to), but I'm not sure.

I know this can be fixed - for example, Anderius or LC Stories PC have fully working screens with no blinking glitch.

What is the cause of this?

I was thinking that it might be the result of changing the map total size (after deleting old objects and adding new + many objects are missing so the map is loaded much earlier than loading screen was predicting to), but I'm not sure.

Yeah, you are right! But it's directly related to the amount of IDE/IPL files on default/gta.dat, each entry there contributes to one piece of the loading bar.