Do you miss the circle radar?

wiizardii

I kind of do. Although I am getting more used to the new square 3D view down radar, I will always miss the classic circle. Do you miss it ?

universetwisters

I miss it because I kick it old school, but if I want to return to it, I can pop in an old game in my PS2 and play on.

• Like 3

sTgL5iS.png

Phil Collin

Not really. I remember i went back to IV one time and it felt very diffrent. but surely its gotta be easier on square.

I really don't care whether the radar is a square/rectangle or a circle honestly.

• Like 1

na89340qv0n34b09q340

Didn't make much difference to me either. I remember being afraid of it when I saw leaked gameplay for the first time, but it's not so different.

Didn't RDR have a square radar too, or am I imagining that?

universetwisters

Didn't RDR have a square radar too, or am I imagining that?

Nope, it was circle.

red-dead-redemption-2.jpg

sTgL5iS.png

I kinda miss it the square kinda takes up most of the screen but I can live with it at least it wasn't a triangle...

Edited by Zello

Blennerville

I kind of do. Although I am getting more used to the new square 3D view down radar, I will always miss the classic circle. Do you miss it ?

I miss the circle - imo it was better since it was a circle - you could see for the same distance in each direction, compared to the square where in some directions you can see a lot less than others.

It was just better in terms of knowing where something was as well imo - easier to read and less likely to make a take a turn too early or late.

- The plan view was better for this reason imo - the isometric angle view is just not as good.

The ability where you press the D-pad in online (the offline one is no good by comparison) and you get a bigger map is good though - you could still go that that larger rectangle from the circle though, id like that.

Edited by Blennerville
  • Like 1

Blennerville

There is also the fact that health/armour bars were much better in GTA4 - bigger bar for more precise reading of health and damage levels - 10/10 is better than 5/5.

The GTA5 health/armour/special ability bars are way too small and cramped - harder to take note of stats while also doing something else.

(damage to your health/armour bar was also too high in general but that a bit off topic)

This is the kinda stuff where R* could easily give the player the option of their choice of radar in the settings.

They could take a GTA4's health/armour bars and take a small bit off of the top of each to make space for the special ability.

Edited by Blennerville
  • Like 4

Pooyan Cyrus

Not at all.

All nostalgia I have with circle radars, is about 3D universe.

V's Square radar is more useful and has better performance.

I miss it a lot.

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Judicious 7

I wouldn't necessarily say I miss it, but I do prefer it. Idk, something about V's radar annoys me at times (especially Online). I can see things on the radar, but it gets annoying when players roll up on me out of nowhere and I have no clue where they came from because the radar isn't zoomed out enough. I can't remember in GTA IV if I ever had that problem. I knew where people were.

• Like 1

I prefered the circle radar, mostly the one from IV simply because it was better organized with the health and armor around it. Square one feels tacky and clunky.

• Like 2

Payne Killer

Circle was better cause you could see in every direction also the health around the radar like IV was great

QELXDiM.jpg

If VI has a square radar, I at least want the circle radar to be an option so I can play the game old school.

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth II

Now I preffer square radar, but at first I was so mad at R* that they changed it, lol.

Edited by Queen Elizabeth II

7vtXEBN.png

I think R* might roll back to Circle Radar for GTA VI. (Who knows, it might be either Vice City or any other state)

• 2 weeks later...
Lethal Vaccine

I actually like GTA V how there is no circle and how the map is a bit bigger in volume when looking at the square in the bottom left hand corner. You can see more of the roads coming up on the radar instead of having to guess which road to turn down, etc.

So no, I don't miss it, but I am aquainted with both forms. Both are still fine and either one is good enough, imo.

I miss 6 stars too. What was the point of having 5 only?

Too lazy to script tanks that would actually shoot at you instead of driving towards you and getting out with a pistol in their hand.