GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Car Tag Meetup?

electroleum

electroleum

Wondering if anyone would even be interested in something like this. I've played it a couple of times in some impromptu meet-up lobbies, and it was quite fun. Although in those two instances, it was fairly unorganized. I was thinking of creating something a little more structured...here's some rules I've thrown together

RULES:

• MIC AND HEADSET ARE REQUIRED
  • EVERYONE MUST ENTER PASSIVE MODE (To ensure no weapons are used)
  • Just like when you played tag as a kid, everyone starts in the same spot. One person is selected as "it" to start the match (I have yet to decide how that will be determined), and that person begins a 10 second countdown while the other players disperse. Once the countdown is over, the game is live, and the "it" person can chase down whoever he wants. Everyone starts in their car of choice.
  • Prior to the start of the game, a vehicle class will be selected. That class (or lower) must be used throughout the whole game. Should you decide to use a lower class, don't complain if you can't catch anyone...that's your fault, not anyone else's. The ranking of vehicle classes that will be used can be found here: http://ca.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Vehicles
  • "Tagging" is simply making contact with another person's vehicle. If the person who is "it" contacts you in any way whatsoever with their car, you are now "it", and it is your turn to chase people down.
  • When the "it" person tags you, they will call out "you're it", or "gotcha", or whatever ... and announce the gamertag of the person that he/she tagged, so the rest of the lobby knows who is it. Once someone is tagged, there is no countdown, so you can instantly tag that same person back if possible.
  • If there is a lengthy dispute as to whether or not someone was tagged, those two players will enter a 1-on-1 deathmatch. Whoever loses is it, and the winner has 10 seconds to get away once the deathmatch is over. Let's try and avoid this by being civilized human beings though.
  • If your vehicle gets destroyed, you may replace it however you would like. You can grab a car from the street, so long as it is equal to or lower than the selected class, or you may call your mechanic (same rules apply here too).
  • Should you happen to be on foot for any length of time, you have to stay in areas where vehicles can go. You cannot hide in backyards, on ledges, in barricaded areas, on roofs, or anywhere a vehicle cannot get you. If you are found violating this rule, at any time, you will declared "it". Also, if the person that is "it" hits you while you are on foot, you are now "it"
  • You may call Lester to lose the cops
  • Custom Vehicles are allowed
  • You can use the environment to create obstacles (ie: if you want to create a traffic jam to obstruct people, go ahead)
  • You can do jobs/tasks that don't require you to leave the map and/or the designated area while playing. For Example - Armoured Trucks, Lester's Assassination Targets (within the designated area), Selling Cars, Robbing Stores, Simeon's Wanted Vehicles. If you are inside the LSC, a Store or Simeon's garage and the "it" person gets there while you are inside, you are automatically it...so be careful

PROHIBITED:

• NO GOING OFF-RADAR
  • NO WEAPONS - VEHICLE CONTACT ONLY
  • NO TRAVELLING OUTSIDE OF SELECTED AREA (Default games will be within "downtown", although we could possibly do specific games situated in other areas)
  • NO VEHICLES ABOVE THE SELECTED CLASS (A specific car class will be selected prior to the start of the game)
  • NO GLITCHING/HACKING/EXPLOITING
  • NO CALLING IN MERRYWEATHER
  • NO PEGASUS VEHICLES (Planes/Tanks/Liberator/Boats/Helicopters)
  • ONLY ONE PLAYER PER VEHICLE
  • NO USING POLICE VEHICLES
  • NO USING SUICIDE/JOINING A JOB TO EVADE THE "IT" PLAYER
  • NO INSULTING/RUDE/ABRASIVE/RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC BEHAVIOUR. YOU'LL BE BOOTED INSTANTLY WITH NO WARNING. THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN

Would anyone be interested in something like this? If so, I can look into hosting something sometime soon.

EDIT: I'm on Xbox 360, but I'm sure someone could take the reigns and host something on PS3

Edited by electroleum