A newb has a small problem with playing VC on the PC

danzor

How do you control the camera when walking, like you could do in GTA SA because without it I literally cannot walk in this game. If I try to turn around I end up walking backwards and it's weird. Is there a way to move the character cam around. (It's usually with the mouse but not in this game..)

You can free-aim the camera with the mouse, what do you mean "not in this game"?

You can free-aim the camera with the mouse, what do you mean "not in this game"?

When I move my mouse around in game when walking the view only moves up and down not side too side.

Try going into settings from the pause menu and go into your controller settings. There should be either 'classic controls' or 'standard controls' (I think. Something along them lines) One of these allows for the mouse to let you move the camera around so switch it from whichever you're on at the moment to the other. Hope this helps!

And increase your Mouse Sensitivity if possible to reduce slow mouse movements. (Default is 8)

Camera controls are limited in this game. That is, you can't freely move the camera around your character or the car. But that's never a problem to be able to walk anywhere as you character turns left or right when you move the mouse left or right, maybe you just aren't used to that but most older games had it like that. It's very easy to control the character, but if you really don't want to adapt then look for camera mods, I'm sure there are a few that ''unlock'' the camera so you can move it as you please.

Edited by Dope_0110

• 2 weeks later...
Pooyan Cyrus

Follow these steps if you want to move camera using mouse (It only works when you aren't on a vehicle):

1. Go to Game Menu / Options / Controller Settings
  2. Change 'Classic Controls' to 'Standard Controls'. DON'T CHANGE IT IF IT'S ON 'STANDARD CONTROLS' MODE ALREADY.
  3. Check if the problem is fixed. If it's not fixed, increase your Mouse Sensitivity.