Anyone ever cycle around the map?

aurules16

Recently started to cycle in single player and I've found you can really appreciate the map and get better looks at things you may not have noticed before. Quite a liberating experience.

Anyone else tried it?

Fuzzknuckles

I got time for that.

I've cycled from the baywatch building at the beach, all the way out to the wilderness, then up the trails of Chiliad. I then cycled back. I've cycled circuits of the map. In fact, I've seen roughly as much of the map on a bike as I have in cars, planes, choppers, etc.

LOVE DAT BIKE. I'm all about the BMX.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

for one, I can't seem to spend 10 minutes trying to find a bike in Vespucci beach, second of all, I can't buy one because my garages are full and I don't wan't to throw away, I don't know an ADDER or Z TYPE.

But in all seriousness, I do it rarely sometimes. I will try to do it sooner or later.

Fuzzknuckles

for one, I can't seem to spend 10 minutes trying to find a bike in Vespucci beach, second of all, I can't buy one because my garages are full and I don't wan't to throw away, I don't know an ADDER or Z TYPE.

But in all seriousness, I do it rarely sometimes. I will try to do it sooner or later.

You can get a free BMX in the backyard of what looks roughly like CJ's house on Grove St. You're welcome.

• Like 2

You can usually find a few outside the thing that transports you up to Mt Chilliad.

I've never cycled around much of the map. Would be fun to do, but that takes a lot of time..something I really don't have.

I actually told myself I'd do it back before the game released after they showed us the game play trailer and saw a glimpse of the country side.. but haven't done it yet.

Definitely will on the PC or PS4 version in the future since it'll be much detailed.

948185.png

I've just started exploring the city as I'm coming towards the end of missions but I wouldn't say I cycle!

I don't even find riding a motorbike as exciting as past GTA's so I normally just cruise in a super fast car!! I just keep stopping to look at things!

Fuzzknuckles

On a bike, you can take things in from a distance, in motion. Slow your game down and the world suddenly feels much, much bigger.

• Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'd cycle up the west coast but not down the eastern coast.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Well, I'm assuming you are trying to do this in Singleplayer, and if so, then just throw away any extra cars, buy the bike and just NOT save. Or (again, assuming you are in Singleplayer) you could just use cheats to spawn the bike.

• Like 2

Fuzzknuckles

Or just spend a few minutes finding one of the many bikes that are freely available all over the map. If you've got time to spare to do, well, anything in GTA, you've got time to do that.

A cheap cab ride will get you to any of the bikes with just a map reference and the X button to skip the journey.

Edited by Fuzzknuckles

SCOOBASTEEB

Haven't done this in single player but its something i do online. Cycle down to the beach or find a good skatepark to dick around on. It's something about not being in a vehicle. When you're riding on the pavement for example it just makes the map seem more alive and real.

Playing as Franklin, finding a BMX bike and cycling around South LS was some of the most fun and immersive time I had in V.

Right up until my Xbox red ringed on me and now I can't play until pc version comes out :( at least I know the next time I cycle around in V it's going to be at 60 frames per second at 2560x1600 and with all the lovely improvements of the next gen version.

CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz 1.24v CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Push/Pull GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4 RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200W Case: Coolermaster HAF X O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB

Cutter De Blanc

I'm particularly fond of the Cruiser, but that bike is crazy rare to find. I haven't gone around the map on one yet. I always get a wanted level before I make it too far. Too much fun knocking people over on my bike.

I did it when back when V just came out,and i will never do it again,Damn HD San Andreas is not just beautiful but also f***ing HUGE!

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

If I was going to do it I'd do it in singleplayer considering story mode has better graphics, that's why I also only take pictures in singleplayer.

ViceCityStalker

No thanks that last triathlon decimated all the love I had for bicycles in this game.

Has anybody ever walked across the map? I wonder how long that takes

me and probably everyone else in here would appreciate it if you could take the time to find that out.

Driving at breakneck speed srinks the world. By taking slower transport makes it much larger. RDR seemed bigger because we were limited to horse-speed.

I like to do crazy downhill bombs looking for new things to bunnyhop off.

Cutter De Blanc

I tried this yesterday taking the eastern freeway. Made it from Michael's Garage all the way to Hookies, where the Lost MC shot me up when I stopped there for a breather. Maybe they didn't like my bike.

Has anybody ever walked across the map? I wonder how long that takes

me and probably everyone else in here would appreciate it if you could take the time to find that out.

I'll give it a shot ;-)

• Like 2

they're also @ the house on mt gordo where the hipsters are @ right by the lighthouse. Deffinately helps w/ the bmx's that you don't have an option for the radio to add to the immersion. def. love riding along the beach/sandy shores and flippin people off. :lol:

Edited by fac316

I made it about half way on the cycle bike. Then saw a motorcycle cop and stole his bike.

I used to enjoy cycling a lot during GTA SA, and obviously, I tried again in GTA V.

I'm still enjoying a lot. I find the cool details around the vast map pretty much visually eye pleasing, and amazing as an experience, than to Los Santos in GTA SA ( except the countryside, LV and SF ).