R* should try a Fallout game.

Zackyoung1

It's not that it's third person, it's just that R* games play completely differently to the type of game Fallout should be.

This is such a stupid discussion.

Uh no, Fallout can and would play better using the RAGE engine than the Gamebyro/Creation Engine, but that's entirely irrelevant, because Bethesda's open-world Fallout games play and feel entirely different than Interplay Entertainment's, far more so than the difference between the gameplay of say New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption. Are you really making the argument that a turn-based RPG with an isometric viewpoint is more akin to the first/third-person real-time combat and RPG mechanics of Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Good God, do you even give a second thought to what you're typing before you post it? I'd guess based on what you're argument the answer to that question would be no, you don't.

E: Besides didn't I already explain to you that developers can create more than one genre of game? I mean once again Rockstar created Lemmings, y'know the little two dimensional puzzle game that came out a fair few years back? They also made a game about f*cking table tennis, is the fact that Rockstar could conceivably create a pretty damn awesome Fallout game, were they to obtain the license getting through to you yet?

Edited by Secura

Rockstar should've been the one to do the Mad Max game.

• Like 2

It's not that it's third person, it's just that R* games play completely differently to the type of game Fallout should be.

This is such a stupid discussion.

Uh no, Fallout can and would play better using the RAGE engine than the Gamebyro/Creation Engine, but that's entirely irrelevant, because Bethesda's open-world Fallout games play and feel entirely different than Interplay Entertainment's, far more so than the difference between the gameplay of say New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption. Are you really making the argument that a turn-based RPG with an isometric viewpoint is more akin to the first/third-person real-time combat and RPG mechanics of Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Good God, do you even give a second thought to what you're typing before you post it? I'd guess based on what you're argument the answer to that question would be no, you don't.

E: Besides didn't I already explain to you that developers can create more than one genre of game? I mean once again Rockstar created Lemmings, y'know the little two dimensional puzzle game that came out a fair few years back? They also made a game about f*cking table tennis, is the fact that Rockstar could conceivably create a pretty damn awesome Fallout game, were they to obtain the license getting through to you yet?

Wow, Secura.

I explain it, and you just post the same thing in response to me explaining it.

Yes, R* created Table Tennis and Lemmings. Lemmings was good, that's their game and their idea.

As for Table Tennis, that wasn't exactly a massive game, was it? Table Tennis is a pretty simple game to make, when you have good animators like Rockstar.

R* CAN make any game. Any developer can. Does that make them good? No.

You don't just give a series that's currently alive to another developer. Look what happened to NFS. You give it to Criterion, it's not a Need for Speed game. You give Fallout to Rockstar, they'll make it completely different, R* don't typically do proper RPG leveling, their first time isn't going to be good. Their maps aren't the type you explore like in Fallout.

Can't you grasp the basic f*cking concept that Rockstar aren't some god developers who can make an amazing game out of everything? They make third person action games along a linear story. That's what they're good at. That's why they sell lots of games.

I don't even need to write any more now, I can just copy-paste what I've already bloody said and it'll be just as effective at responding to your sh*te.

...they only get better every game.

lolno

...and they only seem to improve...

lolno

You're like a kid in primary school when they're like "OH MY GOD WOULDN'T IT BE AWESOME IF THEY MIXED TOGETHER (list of every f*cking game this little sh*t has played)? YEAH MAN I SHOULD BE A GAME DESIGNER."

I'm not saying OP is like this, but this topic does sound like it. "IMAGUNE IF THUR WAS A GTA IN *insert kid's hometown* DAt'd BE SO MUCH AWSUM THEY SHULD MAKE IT!1!" I don't even see how this has anything to do with Rockstar, might as well call the topic: "Someone should make this kind of game!"

Okay Secura, Lazyboy, and GTAfear, all I was saying was R* should make an open world apocalypse game, they made a great cowboy game, Crime game, racing game, they have a great chance of creating a great end of the world game.

oh and as to you laughing at me saying R* doesn't improve or get better each game, look at game sales and the amount of players and its obvious GTA games seem to get better each time.

Okay Secura, Lazyboy, and GTAfear, all I was saying was R* should make an open world apocalypse game, they made a great cowboy game, Crime game, racing game, they have a great chance of creating a great end of the world game.

oh and as to you laughing at me saying R* doesn't improve or get better each game, look at game sales and the amount of players and its obvious GTA games seem to get better each time.

Game sales have no correlation with game quality.

Hold on imma let you finish, but GTA V is the greatest game of all time. yedk.png

GTA makes Zelda looks like a Failure,it makes Ultima feels non-existant,it makes TES f*cking stupid,why? cus (1) it Established/Re-Established Openworld Genre in the 21st Century.and (2) in just 17yrs of it existant it already sold more than anything than came before it,a whopping 185 MILLION COPIES,and rank #4 in Top 10 Best-Selling Franchise,Something Zelda would wish to accomplish in it 27years of Existant...I totally agree with the OP,GTA didnt just Rock but it was a Blessing to R* and Red Dead is their new breakthrough...V broke records that even Skyrim cant,as long as it under the GTA moniker or infact the Rockstar Logo it will be Successfully Critically and Financially,but with that said Rockstar is a publisher that doesnt rest (yeah blah blah blah GTAO),they push themselves to the limits and they dont joke with the word "INCREDIBLE QUALITY" this is same reasons why fans expect more from them or the GTA games,and like i said before making a Post-Apocalyptic GTA-type IP mix with RPG elements will ROCK!!! (and i still stick with it).

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Okay LazyBoy sales do tie into a games quality, poor quality game don't have good sales, however good games have good sales, GTA V however had great sales cause its a great game.

I wasn't laughing at you, I was making fun of Rockstar. GTA games were getting better each time, like you said, but then came GTA V, which wasn't an improvement. At least in my opinion (have to put in "in my opinion", otherwise I'll get flamed).

And the sales argument is true only in a way. Good sales numbers don't 100% guarantee you a great game.

Anyway, you may have gotten the wrong impression. The idea you presented isn't so bad and I would enjoy such a game if I ever bought it, I like apocalypses. But, again, I don't see how this has something to do specifically with R*, it'd be better to show this idea to a company who makes this kind of games. And I have no idea who that might be as I'm a noob at this area, lol. Maybe R* would do a good job if they approached it in their old, quality way, not adapting to the average juvenile player and making a half-assed game like they did with V, lelelel. In my opinion.

Edited by GTAfear

This topic makes no sense at all. Why would R* make Fallout game, if they have no experience, licences or any other elements needed for making game in this series.

What R* could do is open world post apocalyptic game, like GTA set in the Mad Max/Fallout/Borderlands/RAGE world. Fights over fuel, racing, car modifications, doing jobs for some shady characters, dodging the gangs etc. This could be brilliant game if done properly and totally new IP (almost like RDR),

No... just no... Bethesda and Obsidian are doing a fine job as it is. R* shouldn't try and make something remotely close to Fallout, they should keep their focus on their 3rd person open world games.

Okay LazyBoy sales do tie into a games quality, poor quality game don't have good sales, however good games have good sales, GTA V however had great sales cause its a great game.

You must be the stupidest person I've seen on this forum.

High sales ≠ high quality

Good game ≠ good sales numbers

There's plenty of good games out there that haven't performed close to some of the games that are constantly bashed for being copy and pasted games.

Edited by TheMcSame

Tyeck and TheMcSame, I don't mean fallout as in the series, I mean as in the genre of post-apocalypse and stuff, did you even read my topic?

I've stated this like 3 times now

Tyeck and TheMcSame, I don't mean fallout as in the series, I mean as in the genre of post-apocalypse and stuff, did you even read my topic?

I've stated this like 3 times now

It really doesn't matter. I still address this other scenario that you needed to come up with because of a misleading thread title which clearly states "a fallout game" and not a post apocalyptic game.

People shouldn't be forced to read through a whole topic, no matter how long or short it is, because the OP can't even give it a correct title.

SolidSnails

I cant believe you actually think gta 5 has the best gun mechanics in the entire gaming market.

This whole topic is filled with a vibe of "YOUR OPINION IS WRONG AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR IT!!!!!11"

However, I don't think it would work out. Besides, R* creates their own styles/games/series. This is non-sense, like all of that Zombie sh*t.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

GTA6 and Future game releases

"We're not going to announce it," Zelnick said. "We're not going to announce when we're going to announce it. And we're not going to announce the strategy about announcing it or about when we're going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy. Any other questions?"

All you have to do is read the first part, a few sentences too much for ya?

R* makes their own style games? They makes whatever they want, there style is open-world. RDR, GTA V, L.A. Noir are all open-world action games, a end of the world game would be revolutionary and it would sell.

Zelda aint a failure i am only joking :p;) (a bad one though lol,but it nowhere as BIG as GTA today even do it created the genre in 1986 which was later popularised by GTA,in the 21st Century)

Side Note:Apart from that,my previous comment still stands :)

Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond

iiConTr0v3rSYx

This thread is full of fail.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 a hell of alot more than I did NV. The game got pretty one sided if you didn't side with the NCR, and don't even let me get started on the glitches.

To answer the OP's question. No. I don't think R* are capable of making a true fallout game. They could, but not like how Bethesda makes them.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 a hell of alot more than I did NV. The game got pretty one sided if you didn't side with the NCR, and don't even let me get started on the glitches.

Typical fallout 3 fanboy. If you like fallout 3, go play it. But don't bash others for seeing the flaws in your precious game.

I have moved to a new account.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Typical fallout 3 fanboy. If you like fallout 3, go play it. But don't bash others for seeing the flaws in your precious game.

Where in my post did I bash anyone? I gave a few points about the game that I didn't like, no where did I say I didn't like the game nor did I bash anyone.

You're the one sounding like a fanboy.

What did you mean when you said "This thread is full of fail"?

I have moved to a new account.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Because the thread quickly went off topic and then everyone went to go bash the OP for no reason.

Sigh. Back to work for me.

• Like 2

Zelda aint a failure i am only joking :p;) (a bad one though lol,but it nowhere as BIG as GTA today even do it created the genre in 1986 which was later popularised by GTA,in the 21st Century)

Dude, shut the hell up. You don't know what you're on about. The Legend of Zelda is easily as huge as GTA. Edited by DarthShinobi

If people would only read the first part then people would realize I don't mean Fallout the damn series but as in post-apocalypse fallout. But apparently reading is too much to hard to do, not saying people should read everything I wrote but people can't even read the first part?

Dude, shut the hell up. You don't know what you're on about. The Legend of Zelda is easily as huge as GTA.

You're wearing your nostalgia glasses because the sales speak a different story.

The total sales for GTA is over 150M

The total for Zelda? about 82M

Just to stick my finger in the wound. the total for CoD is about 140M. Yeah... This precious game series that everyone praises is being blown away by a series considered one of the worse game series around.

Call of Duty is easily as huge as GTA (unfortunately). Zelda doesn't come close. If Zelda is really as big as GTA then surely it would show similar sales figures within a reasonably small margin (+/- 20M).

I'm not saying Zelda is a bad series, I'm just saying Zelda isn't nearly as big as GTA.

Wtf, weren't you just talking about how sales don't mean anything earlier in the thread?

If we're going by name The Legend of Zelda is easily as big as GTA.

Edited by DarthShinobi