Corrupt Goverment or Gangs ? What do you like more ?

Journey_95

Officer Ronson

I honestly don't care, if I can shoot something with a face then I am happy.

Official General

Sorry mate, that FIB/IAA/Merryweather stuff just did not work for me. I don't care if it was new and fresh, it was still a pile of steaming bullsh*t. On top of that, it was way too unrealistic and boring, and it did not feel like GTA. The worst part of it all, was that it took up most of GTA V's story. Never again do I wanna see anything like it in any future GTA again.

I want the essence of GTA back. The focus back to gangs, mafia, drug cartel etc, please.

Edited by Official General

The story was too short and contained too few characters to get across what they wanted to get across and things were hinted at that we never really saw come into play, Dave talks endlessly about something big coming along, that every agency wants a part of, what other information do we get about this once that sniper missions ends? Nothing, there is no overarching goal and that sort of angered me, it seems to me that if they could of killed Devin Weston, Steve Haynes and Wei Cheng then I don't know why they bothered every doing their bidding to begin with.

The story ends in a way that every typical GTA player would've dealt with the situation, killing all that oppose them, and while that would've been fine, it should've been handled in such a way that it wasn't all done at once, where it was a gradual thing, so as the enemy factions would've gotten more time to develop and of course for them to develop more interconnections between them. GTA IV's story is far superior to V's because instead of just having a rather mindless tale that meanders off into non sequitur territory far too often, you have multifaceted story with a plethora of potential outcomes and interactions all coming into play, without having the most important and initial plot details hinted at and then immediately forgotten with little to no explanation of why they were introduced in the first place.

GTA V's tale showers itself with red herrings and I think that having the story based around three characters, one of which (Franklin) doesn't even need to be present for any of the game's narrative to take off and advance, he is almost an entirely separate entity and his entire story is perhaps the most pointless thing I've ever seen in a videogame.

Edited by Secura
  • Like 3

I like gangs(Italian/Russian/Irish mafia,Japanese yakuza,Chinese triads,Latino cartels,biker gangs,street gangs)more than mercenaries and corrupt FIB agents.I hope the next GTA game goes back to classic gangs.

• Like 7

Sorry mate, that FIB/IAA/Merryweather stuff just did not work for me. I don't care if it was new and fresh, it was still a pile of steaming bullsh*t. On top of that, it was way too unrealistic and boring, and it did not feel like GTA. The worst part of it all, was that it took up most of GTA V's story. Never again do I wanna see anything like it in any future GTA again.

I want the essence of GTA back. The focus back to gangs, mafia, drug cartel etc, please.

Since when GTA is supposed to be realistic? As long as it doesn't aim to reach the Saints Row level of stupid-ness, it's fine for me, it's a video game after all.

Anyway, i agree with you that FIB/IAA were pretty boring, but i must admit that merryweather was pretty darn good. I'd place it above any gang that ever appeared in GTA.

I'm not sure what to think about this why even play SP then?

i hate the lack of gang crime. gta 4 had a much better storyline. i liked the underground gun stores better than the normal ammunation stores also. i missed chasing a gang member through the hood running through apartments that you can actually ENTER.

• Like 5

Immigration

100 % this.

But prepare for the inevitable " OMGz Guisze Grow uP, nobody wants that Boyz In Da Hood Shi*t, go Play Saints R0w" crowd incoming soon.

100 % this.

But prepare for the inevitable " OMGz Guisze Grow uP, nobody wants that Boyz In Da Hood Shi*t, go Play Saints R0w" crowd incoming soon.

Even though I liked this whole goverment stuff I definitely like the Gang/mafia etc. more

And I hate it when people do that I mean we haven't had a Gang game since SA and Saints Row hasn't been a game about gangsters in a long time

I really hope that we return to that in GTA VI

Edited by gtarules_95
  • Like 1

Give me street gangs and drug cartels over corrupt government agencies any day. I appreciate the effort they put in to it, but it just wasn't my thing.

• Like 4

100 % this.

Let them come, as it's not the point here. I think the government thing can be done correctly if it's done right. A guy like CJ working for the government is far-fetched, there's no doubt. But who cares? It's a game and there's something called suspension of disbelief. I liked V's story until Dave Norton got involved. He was pretty much a buzzkill.

The fib missions were a nice twist but the gangs is what always made the gta games since the beginning. Leaving them out or barely touching them is like taking out the foundation. I kno I'm bout to get sh*t for saying this but LS is based off of LA. The Countries gang capital (along with chicago ). From street gangs to cartels. Why the hell NOT have them with some type of focus.

• Like 2

Spaghetti Cat

I'm not sure what to think about this why even play SP then?

Introducing GTA V: Heists. Now with more faces to shoot.

Back OT: I really wish Madrasso (Sp?) had more henchmen working for him. Big letdown that he turned to a giant puss. And I'd like the gov missions more if there was some point other than: go here, torture that, steal this, oh you want money? F-you!

Honestly the story left me wanting.

No Image Available

Its great to see a change for once. I rather like killing corrupt government d-bags. Gangs were just there to be bullet fodder and nothing more.

But the way it was transitioned into was just lazy writing.

Edited by MeatSim64
  • Like 1

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

I like corrupt government agencies but i dont want Rockstar to delve into black ops and all that military sh*t, I like gangs but I f*ckin hate street gangs. I don't care about their "coolness factor" I think they are low life, low level criminals. I didn't care about the families back in San Andreas and I certainly don't care about them in V. I'm with Franklin in saying street gangs are child's play compared to cartels and the mafia. And that's why I like Franklin, he pretty much shares my opinion on gangbaning in general.

But, in terms of what the next game should focus on, since the series is called "Grand Theft Auto" I think a story revolving around stealing the worlds most elusive, expensive and luxurious cars would be in order. The way they steal them could be like the heists in GTA V. Like they set up everything, and maybe infiltrate highly secured locations to recover the cars.

Basically what I'm saying is the next GTA should focus on car heists and just have gangs and corrupt government agencies as a backdrop.

SimsDaniel916

Even for GTA the FBI and CIA fighting each other is just ridiculous. I have to agree that this story line was very lame and unrealistic.

• Like 1
vfMenzx.jpg

Revenge of the Donut

Corrupt government is interesting to explore, but I prefer gangs. They could have featured more gangs in the game in a way that included the FIB/IAA similar to to how Tenpenny/C.R.A.S.H basically used street gangs like the Ballas/GSF to do their dirty work, that way they could have involved both aspects in a way that made sense from a storyline perspective. I always thought that Madrazo's Cartel had potential to be a larger part of the story too, they also seem like a larger organization that would have the low-level hoods doing their dirty work for them.

Edited by Revenge of the Donut

Gangs at least do not pretend to be good guys, so they are my favorites.

• Like 1

Official General

Since when GTA is supposed to be realistic? As long as it doesn't aim to reach the Saints Row level of stupid-ness, it's fine for me, it's a video game after all.

Anyway, i agree with you that FIB/IAA were pretty boring, but i must admit that merryweather was pretty darn good. I'd place it above any gang that ever appeared in GTA.

Note what I highlighted in my quote. I said "way too unrealistic", Surely you do know what that means ?

Even for GTA the FBI and CIA fighting each other is just ridiculous. I have to agree that this story line was very lame and unrealistic.

Exactly this :^:

That's what I meant when I said it was way too unrealistic. The three way rivalry between the FIB, IAA and Merryweather was just plain silly. It was so boring and uninteresting that I could not care for the what happened next or the final outcome, I just wanted to be put of my misery of having to play through it all. I felt like that for the first time ever playing a GTA storyline - that speaks volumes about how terrible V's storyline was.

• Like 2

Official General

I like gangs but I f*ckin hate street gangs. I don't care about their "coolness factor" I think they are low life, low level criminals. I didn't care about the families back in San Andreas and I certainly don't care about them in V. I'm with Franklin in saying street gangs are child's play compared to cartels and the mafia. And that's why I like Franklin, he pretty much shares my opinion on gangbaning in general.

But, in terms of what the next game should focus on, since the series is called "Grand Theft Auto" I think a story revolving around stealing the worlds most elusive, expensive and luxurious cars would be in order. The way they steal them could be like the heists in GTA V. Like they set up everything, and maybe infiltrate highly secured locations to recover the cars.

Basically what I'm saying is the next GTA should focus on car heists and just have gangs and corrupt government agencies as a backdrop.

Yeah because the Mafia and cartels are very honorable and respectable people, despite the fact that they kill, torture, harm, steal, cheat, and destroy people's lives. It's all the more good because they dress smart, wear designers suits, and drive limousines :blink::sarcasm:

What an idiotic comment. However, your're not the first on here to talk such pure bullsh*t like this, and you won't be the last.

As for the second part, no I disagree. GTA maybe called GTA, but the reality was the creators always intended it to focus on organized crime and gangs, the Houser brothers said so themselves. GTA was just a chosen signature name and nothing more.

Sorry for double post.

• Like 3

universetwisters

I prefer gangs. I'd rather play GTA, not James Bond Double Agent Super Spy whatever

• Like 5

sTgL5iS.png

PeriodZeroHero

Whatever has the most action and is funny is the best, in GTA I really don't care who I'm killing, I usually just murder things in sight be it a cop, IAA agent, or a Ballas

Honestly, I roll my eyes with any inclusion of black gangs. GTA: SA and the first arch of Franklin's in the hood story arch is so cliche and generic. I find organised crime like Madrazo, the Mafia and such as well as the government black ops and corruption element of GTA V much smarter and intriguing then "QUIK! WE GOTTA KIL DEM GAIS IN DA PERPL!" stories.

id prefer gangs but i think R* has no idea what to do with them. in san andreas i only saw ballas and vagos as pedestrians that will attack me i never thought of them as a gang, in gta 5 they felt like a gang and if i messed with them i was f*cked. but gta 5 was about fbi and stuff which really sucked cuz i enjoyed those few gang missions

Corrupt government is interesting to explore, but I prefer gangs. They could have featured more gangs in the game in a way that included the FIB/IAA similar to to how Tenpenny/C.R.A.S.H basically used street gangs like the Ballas/GSF to do their dirty work, that way they could have involved both aspects in a way that made sense from a storyline perspective. I always thought that Madrazo's Cartel had potential to be a larger part of the story too, they also seem like a larger organization that would have the low-level hoods doing their dirty work for them.

probably the best suggestion in this thread for most people its one way or the other

but why not both?? Sadly it seems Rockstar didn't think of that even though I like the FIB/IAA/Merryweather

stuff the Madrazzo Cartel and some of the other gangs in the game feel wasted there was definitely more potential

• Like 1

Whatever has the most action and is funny is the best, in GTA I really don't care who I'm killing, I usually just murder things in sight be it a cop, IAA agent, or a Ballas

again a very silly post I mean why even play SP then?

Guys likey you (and some other dude on this thread too) are the reason developers slowly don't care

about story anymore and focus on online because people these days just want to " murder things in sight"

• Like 1

Official General

Honestly, I roll my eyes with any inclusion of black gangs. GTA: SA and the first arch of Franklin's in the hood story arch is so cliche and generic. I find organised crime like Madrazo, the Mafia and such as well as the government black ops and corruption element of GTA V much smarter and intriguing then "QUIK! WE GOTTA KIL DEM GAIS IN DA PERPL!" stories.

Too bad for you Mr Ayran Brotherhood, black gangs will always feature in GTA games. Now go and hang yourself.

Slow your role there. I never said I hate black people. I don't like black gangs in SA or in V because they feel like carbon clones of stereotypes of what a black gang member is. Unless you're telling me you perceive all black people in gangs to live up to those stereotypes, in which case, that makes you the racist. Well done, Mr. Hitler. ;)

Nice try, but your reverse racism won't work on me pal.

You still talk irrelevant bullsh*t. How can anyone with a normal, able mind be so stupid to think all black people act like black gangstas in the first place ?? Don't be so silly. And what the f*ck has carbon clones and stereotypes of black gangs got to do with anything ? I don't even give a sh*t about all that, it's all the same organized crime to me - that sh*t has nothing to do with GTA. The black gangs in GTA maybe a little exaggerated (like everything else in GTA), but they are still more or less realistic recreations of real black gangs. So what if black gang members listen to hip hop, dress in urban fashion, drive lowriders and all that, does that make them any less of a gangster or criminal ? They are who they are, and most importantly they are still gangsters and criminals that are an integral part of America's criminal underworld. Therefore, their inclusion in GTA is essential, stereotype or not. Like I said, you don't like it, go and hang yourself or slit your wrists.

again a very silly post I mean why even play SP then?

Guys likey you (and some other dude on this thread too) are the reason developers slowly don't care

about story anymore and focus on online because people these days just want to " murder things in sight"

I too was gonna respond to Suburban'sWorst, that was quite a silly thing to say. It's not really the point of this thread to begin with. If he wants to shoot stuff up, he can do that in any GTA, and funny moments are given in most GTA games. Don't see why he felt the need to post that.

People like you are the reason why V failed so hard.

"Hurr Der gangz too gHett0, i want mafia blue collar crimes like wire fraud/tax evasion! "

What a beta phaggot.

@ Immigration

Looool :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm in stitches, laughin' so hard right now ha ha ha ha !!

User was warned for this post

Edited by Andreas