GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

PS3 Died. Wait for GTAO on PS4?

ChefCrimson

ChefCrimson

10 minutes into my GTAO sesh my PS3 conked out for good. Red flashing light.... basically YLOD.

I guess I have a reason to upgrade to PS4, but what about the next 2 months (or more?) until GTAO is available in that format? Should I get a cheap used PS3 for the interim? What would you do?

I really enjoy playing GTAO and don't want to miss any limited-time DLC. And, if heists should ever come out, I'll be way behind if I'm offline.

On a related note: the GTAV disc is stuck inside the console. Any tips on getting it out so I can sell the game to somebody?

Get a PC if you can. You might just be able to afford a decent gaming PC if you can afford a PS4...

No idea about the disc issue.

• Like 1

Flashing red light is not YLOD.

Flashing red light is overheating, clear out your vents and put your PS3 in a well ventilated area.

My PS3 is doing the EXACT same thing. It will get really loud, and then shut off, and a red blinking light appears... I'm... I'm not ready to let her go... :'(

Edit: Well, not exactly the same thing, just shutting off for no reason, and then red blinking light, no disc stuck or anything. lol

Edited by EvilFuture

don ovdi' island

Depends on how much money you have at your disposal. If you can afford another PS3 and will still be able to afford PS4 then do it.

In the long run you'll still be able to play your PS3 games since the PS4 can't play them.

Iv you can turn ti on and sill see The flash ign lights tri this to eject disk

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/YLOD-How-To-Eject-Your-Stuck-Disc/td-p/5419354

Is that even English?

Get a PS4 if you're more of a console gamer. They last longer too, PC you'll be upgrading every 2-3 years spending the same amount as a console that would last 3 times that.

But....PC has mods..

Edited by Kushology

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

GrandTheftBatman

Flashing red light is overheating, clear out your vents and put your PS3 in a well ventilated area.

The newer models don't have a yellow led. So, blinking red could very well be the same as YLOD. Also, YLOD is caused by overheating. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

CarimboHanky

try openning your ps3 and removing the dust from inside with a can of compressed air!

The newer models don't have a yellow led. So, blinking red could very well be the same as YLOD. Also, YLOD is caused by overheating. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Well, in my case, I have one of the older fatter models, so I'm sure OP has the same.

GrandTheftBatman

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/YLOD-How-To-Eject-Your-Stuck-Disc/td-p/5419354

Is that even English?

Get a PS4 if you're more of a console gamer. They last longer too, PC you'll be upgrading every 2-3 years spending the same amount as a console that would last 3 times that.

But....PC has mods..

Upgrading every 2-3 years will not offset the overall higher costs of console games. With $60 on PC, you'll have 10-15 great games. Imagine having a 200+ game library that cost as much as barely half that many games on console.

Edited by GrandTheftBatman

Your PS3 starts to touch at its end. If I were you, I would start to save for the PS4. Not for GTAO mainly, because there is not that this game on PS4, you have many of other choices. Personally, I wait initially until the DLC finish on PS3 before buying the PS4, not for GTA V since it would be stupid to buy the same game twice, and there will be always as many people on GTAO version PS3

GrandTheftBatman

holy sh*t

Fail. I clicked post but, it didn't refresh so I clicked again...and again. Fixed now.

Jak2bossbf3

Do you have the newer slim PS3 or the old fat PS3? Because my old fat one did the same thing.

If you have a PS3 slim and the disk is still inside you can manually eject the disk. There's a little plastic cover in the bottom of the PS3, open it and you can see a screw there. Turn the screw counterclockwise to manually eject the disk.

Edited by Daimondl

Basically the same thing happened to my 360 (crashing and RROD) then I just broke open the plastic case and removed the dust. 8 years of dust builds up... heheh.

No.

Get another PS3 in the future if you can, that is if you have friends on PS3. I'm still keeping my last gen versions, because of that thing called "nostalgia". 5, 6 years from now, GTA 5 last gen will remain a classic.

j4hhYw6.png

If you can't resolve the issue...id wait. I'm buying gta for xboxone and am putting my 360 slim to the test until the fall release. Im getting the next gen vetsion no matter what...its bound to be better simply because of the disc capacity and cpu power.

Edited by TreFacTor

Ps3s are pretty cheap right now....if mine died I'd probably get a new one...I have a decent game library though...so its not like I'd just get one for gta

Ai®a©ob®a

PlayStation 3 systems are quite robust and reliable, but there are occasional problems like the PS3 blinking red light issue that you're now experiencing. Your PlayStation 3 is displaying a blinking red light, and it has you concerned. You want the light to stop blinking, and you want whatever is causing it to be repaired, but you're not sure what to do. Does that sound about right? There are only two possible solutions for a PS3 red blinking light fix. Send the PS3 to a Sony service center for repairs, or acquire a repair guide and learn how to fix PS3 blinking red light problems yourself.

If, in addition to the blinking red light, you notice that your PS3 is running hot, overheating, it might be wise to contact Sony customer service for advice. A chronic overheating problem could be a complex one to repair, and it might be prudent to bite the bullet and send it to Sony, regardless of the approximate $150 charge. If overheating is not part of the problem, it might be possible for you to do a little troubleshooting and make the necessary PS3 red blinking light repairs right in your own home.

The blinking red light on PS3 is known to occur when something as simple as a misplaced connection occurs.

It could also mean that the PS3's hard drive is malfunctioning or not functioning at all. You can take the following steps to identify and perhaps correct the problem. Check to ensure that all cables are properly and securely connected. If this doesn't solve the problem, try reinstalling the hard drive as indicated below.

Physically remove the hard drive from the PS3 console. Dust off the connectors, and gently and carefully replace it into the PS3. Very often this simple removal and replacement will fix the blinking red light problem. It may be necessary to remove and replace the hard drive several times.

If after three attempts, the PS3 red light blinking problem is not resolved, you may want to consider purchasing and installing a new hard drive. Replacement hard drives for the PS3 are now readily available. Replacing a hard drive is much less costly than purchasing a new PS3 system, and is less costly that sending the system off to Sony for repairs.

Before you begin troubleshooting your PS3 blinking red light problem and making general repairs, you would be wise to acquire a repair guide as mentioned at the beginning of this article. There are a number of good ones available online at reasonable cost. Not only will you be able to learn how to fix the blinking red light problem, you'll be able to make other routine repairs as well, saving you a pile of cash over the lifetime of your PS3.

http://www.articlesbase.com/electronics-articles/dealing-with-a-ps3-blinking-red-light-1678489.html

Edited by AiraCobra
3aln5uP.jpg

supershocked

this is why u buy super slim coz u can open the tray. btw my ps3 does the loud noise maybe coz it overheats

Get a PC if you can. You might just be able to afford a decent gaming PC if you can afford a PS4...

No idea about the disc issue.

Sure, a "decent gaming PC" that will be outdated in a couple years while the PS4 will last much, much longer
  • Like 3

A Maned Wolf

Is that even English?

But....PC has mods..

Not if you future-proof your build.

Just buy a secondhand PS3 and buy a current gen console later.

Don't buy a PC, that'll just make you seem fat and lazy.

fGvIGuc.png