Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Franklin7

Should new Rolls Royces be added ?

KoingWolf

Wraith isn't classy, it's just... Gawdy as a mother f*cker.

But by that point why not add the Maybachs too?

You're an idiot. A Maybach is gaudy rubbish overused by talentless rappers. A Rolls Royce is almost the epitome of class, even though I do prefer Bentley's.

I would like the Wraith. Its a good GT car and would be a great replacement to that out-of-proportioned Congnoscenti Cabrio.

If you're not going to quote my whole post, and insist on being a jackass, don't bother quoting me at all. This forum is getting a wee bit irritating in that regards.

We got probably one of the best versions of a Rolls Royce right now, not counting the really old versions. But by that point why not add the Maybachs too?

God damn everyone, remember when P. Diddy showed up to the MTV awards in that old Maybach?

Maybach-old-125.jpg

Such gaudy and overused rubbish.

Keegeroo

Completely forgot about the 4 door cog from IV. The current cognoscenti is such a downgrade in comparison. Probably my favorite 4 door from IV, until the schafter came in with TBOGT

A convertable coupe :cool:

Felon GT, Sentinel

True, I mean another one.Cognoscenti Cabrio

Lol all he's saying is he wants a super drop diamond, you can stop giving him examples.

dilz07

Rolls-Royce-Wraith-Saoedi-Arabie-06.jpg

Would love this as an addition, suicide doors and all

iProGam3r

Super drop diamond, cognoscenti 4 door (I know wrong brand) and a super diamond limo which can only be stolen outside the holly wood movie theatre at a certain time, I would call it a super duper diamond XD

Gnocchi Flip Flops

But by that point why not add the Maybachs too?

You're an idiot. A Maybach is gaudy rubbish overused by talentless rappers. A Rolls Royce is almost the epitome of class, even though I do prefer Bentley's.

I would like the Wraith. Its a good GT car and would be a great replacement to that out-of-proportioned Congnoscenti Cabrio.

If you're not going to quote my whole post, and insist on being a jackass, don't bother quoting me at all. This forum is getting a wee bit irritating in that regards.

The whole reason why I didn't quote your whole post was to single out what I thought was silly about your reply. Use you f*cking common sense for once.

Eutyphro

Man, Rolls Royce Phantom, Maybachs, RR Wraith, all of those are rapper cars. The Ghost could've been a classy car, if they wouldn't have put those suicide doors on it that no classic Rolls Royce has.
The classy Rolls Royces, Bentleys and Maybachs are the classic ones, and the Bentley Brooklands...

I still like the modern Rolls Royces and Bentleys though, but lets not pretend they have the class that the classics have. I even think the Maybach is pretty badass.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Man, Rolls Royce Phantom, Maybachs, RR Wraith, all of those are rapper cars. The Ghost could've been a classy car, if they wouldn't have put those suicide doors on it that no classic Rolls Royce has.

The classy Rolls Royces, Bentleys and Maybachs are the classic ones, and the Bentley Brooklands...

I still like the modern Rolls Royces and Bentleys though, but lets not pretend they have the class that the classics have. I even think the Maybach is pretty badass.

I think the modern Flying Spur and Mulsanne has a lot of class.

LongJohnTeabag

I think part of the Alpha was based off the Wraith, I'd rather it have been full-Wraith however.

I always felt a little Maybach Excelero in the Alpha, but I think the 67S would be a great competitor to the Schafter, but then of course generally speaking they're the same car.

Unfortunately Rolls-Royce and Bentley don't really break from the pack on new and exciting.

Actually, the Alpha's overall large shape and size is based off of Cadillac Sixteen, which is this car

Gdji0Vp.jpg

But also based on the Cadillac Ciel, ATS, and XLR-V.

Shaundi.

Rolls Royce Silver Spirit

800px-Rolls-Royce_.jpg

vipprimo

I think part of the Alpha was based off the Wraith, I'd rather it have been full-Wraith however.

I always felt a little Maybach Excelero in the Alpha, but I think the 67S would be a great competitor to the Schafter, but then of course generally speaking they're the same car.

Unfortunately Rolls-Royce and Bentley don't really break from the pack on new and exciting.

Actually, the Alpha's overall large shape and size is based off of Cadillac Sixteen, which is this car

Gdji0Vp.jpg

I totally agree the Alpha inherited more from Cadillac than it did Maybach, but I can dream can't I? lol

LongJohnTeabag

Gdji0Vp.jpg

I totally agree the Alpha inherited more from Cadillac than it did Maybach, but I can dream can't I? lol

A shame they never made the concept Sixteen, a truly beautiful car.

LongJohnTeabag

A shame Maybach folded and no longer exists. They were just losing money, considering, as nice as they were, that they were basically overpriced extended Mercedes-Benz S Classes.

Franklin7

Royces are class though :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

The Lonesome Drifter

If we're talking luxury I would rather have a Maybach

maybach_landaulet.jpg

Maybach went out of business for a reason you know ;)

Making heavily overpriced elongated "benefactors" won't make much profit I doubt :/

Still, the Strech-E from TBOGT was as smexy beast...

AidenPearce

Rather have the 4-door Cognescenti.

The Lonesome Drifter

Gdji0Vp.jpg

I remember driving that bad boy on midnight club 3 back in the day :) wonderful looking machine.

vipprimo

Gdji0Vp.jpg

lol, It doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure that one out.

3PjjDNb.jpg

Actually, one of the stores I work with sold Maybachs. Although I'm a fan of the product I also own an S600 and compared to the Rolls and Bentleys we had I think you would be hard pressed to justify the cost associated with the Maybach.

The problem was that they wanted them to be bespoke and couldn't sell them for less than their S Class. If they were in the $200k range like the Bentleys they would've done well as the Bentley's did struggle, they didn't go under. When 2009 hit every exotic brand was suffering. Gallardos sold half of what they normally did that year and sales stayed flat up until its retirement. Brands like Maybach that couldn't really show the value in the price and didn't evolve over time outwardly suffered the most. Today Rolls has already introduced two new lines, the Ghost at Maybachs old cost and its brother the Wraith and continued to expand because their marketing works and they stayed edgy so it had less to do with the car and more with Mercedes' plan on how to sell it.

Don't count Maybach completely out. Word has been spreading of an "S" labeled as a Maybach. If you like Maybach then keep your eyes on November 2014 in Los Angeles. I have hope.

Edited by vipprimo

AidenPearce

Gdji0Vp.jpg

*Ahem*

2013-Cadillac-Elmiraj-Concept-001.jpg

And the tail lights are

800px-Quattroporte_rear.jpg

LongJohnTeabag

Gdji0Vp.jpg

3PjjDNb.jpg

Actually, one of the stores I work with sold Maybachs. Although I'm a fan of the product I also own an S600 and compared to the Rolls and Bentleys we had I think you would be hard pressed to justify the cost associated with the Maybach.

The problem was that they wanted them to be bespoke and couldn't sell them for less than their S Class. If they were in the $200k range like the Bentleys they would've done well as the Bentley's did struggle, they didn't go under. When 2009 hit every exotic brand was suffering. Gallardos sold half of what they normally did that year and sales stayed flat up until its retirement. Brands like Maybach that couldn't really show the value in the price and didn't evolve over time outwardly suffered the most. Today Rolls has already introduced two new lines, the Ghost at Maybachs old cost and its brother the Wraith and continued to expand because their marketing works and they stayed edgy so it had less to do with the car and more with Mercedes' plan on how to sell it.

Don't count Maybach completely out. Word has been spreading of an "S" labeled as a Maybach. If you like Maybach then keep your eyes on November 2014 in Los Angeles. I have hope.

Maybe they'll be back. Maybe not as expensive as Maybachs once were. I mean, their two four-doors ranged from $340,00 to around close to $430,000. And if you count the Landaulet, up to $1.3 Million.

Edited by MichaelK91

vipprimo

Gdji0Vp.jpg

3PjjDNb.jpg

Maybe they'll be back. Maybe not as expensive as Maybachs once were. I mean, their two four-doors ranged from 200,00 to around close to 400,000 or maybe a bit over.

The cheapest Maybach in 2009 was $344,000 and that's before adding options. The 62 S was $430,000. The Laundelet that everyone loves to show a picture of was a million. In 2010 they sold a grand total of 157 cars while Rolls sold almost 3,000, which just happens to be how many Maybach sold over the course of their come-back. It really is how Mercedes handled it. I hope they've learned from their mistakes.

Franklin7

I prefer Royces over Maybaches

BigJoe_1

Yes We need more bulky yet classy cars the Phantom isn't enough.

I personally hope we get the PMP 600 back that thing was big and sexy.

OmegaEvolution

OMG all this bickering.

Let's get this right.

Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Jaguar. = Beautiful luxary.

Everything else = Trash.

Franklin7

OMG all this bickering.

Let's get this right.

Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Jaguar. = Beautiful luxary.

Everything else = Trash.

Add a Lamborghini to that too

Rolls ROyce is the epitome of class