GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's up with these speed issues?

mistermaster7

mistermaster7

Highest speed I have been driving is with my Adder about 153,26 miles per hour wich is about 250 kilometers per hour. Adder is real life Bugatti Veyron, which can go over 400 kilometers per hour. And if I am not mistaken, the webpage tells you that top speed is 250 mph?? Is it just because there is not long enough roads or arent speeds realistic?

The speeds advertised on LegendaryMotorsport.com are for singleplayer only. Speeds are capped at about 150 or so in Online due to console limitations.

It's because the your xbox can't render San Andreas fast enough if you would really go 250.

lag is the biggest issue i would say. consoles can only handle so much and when the speed of a vehicle gets to a certain point the game can not keep up with loading things like building and stuff.

mistermaster7

It's because the your xbox can't render San Andreas fast enough if you would really go 250.

Oh thanks!

not just xbox, ps has this issue as well.

CrysisAverted

Just wait for next gen release and gomfast

not just xbox, ps has this issue as well.

Yes, my bad. I tend to forget we're all playing this on two platforms. :lol:

V HoneyBadger V

Well, Rockstar wasted a lot of time rendering the underwater world. There's nothing there for us. That valuable processing power and graphical detail could have gone elsewhere.

The speed issues are annoying but it makes sense.

Half the people on the Internet have Zimbabwe broadband that provides 1MB/hour, so blame them. Rockstar had to compensate for Internet speeds. The lowest of the low need to play it, even though it ruins everyone else's experience at the same time.

Well, Rockstar wasted a lot of time rendering the underwater world. There's nothing there for us. That valuable processing power and graphical detail could have gone elsewhere.

Half the people on the Internet have Zimbabwe broadband that provides 1MB/hour, so blame them. Rockstar had to compensate for Internet speeds. The lowest of the low need to play it, even though it ruins everyone else's experience at the same time.

nothing actually renders unless you are about 20 feet from it and looking at it, thats why if you put your car on the train and then hop off the car stops moving a little ways down the track. the train has quit rendering and your car fell through it. also its why everything disappears when you turn around, no one looking at it, so it doesnt waste resources rending it.

Fail_At_GTA

The PS3/Xbox 360 wouldn't be able to render the game fast enough if you were going 400km/h. The map would just disappear and the game would crash or be extremely laggy.

Everything in GTA 5 travels at the exact same maximum speed. Your BMX can travel at the exact same speed as your Adder through glitches and such, but you cant go any faster than a certain speed, which I actually forgot the exact number of.

Edited by Fail_At_GTA

V HoneyBadger V

nothing actually renders unless you are about 20 feet from it and looking at it, thats why if you put your car on the train and then hop off the car stops moving a little ways down the track. the train has quit rendering and your car fell through it. also its why everything disappears when you turn around, no one looking at it, so it doesnt waste resources rending it.Static objects are low detail yet are still there, but there are still lots of things to load. Especially with 16 people rendering in real time at different parts of the map.

The thing with the ocean is there to say it is a waste of bytes and would have been better elsewhere.