3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mr Rabbit

UTOPIA

darthYENIK

Yeah, there is a terrible looking reality show starting soon. I anticipated this problem.

Edit: title changed accordingly.

Edited by darthYENIK

Mr Rabbit

Thanks, there is also a US version of the drama rumoured so that's gonna get even more confusing, written by David Fincher.

Crazyeighties

^ Ha Ha, that made me laugh, don't know why. Try this UK show. Its much better !

I will do that seriously though I wish I had better health I would be filming right now

milkmansun

^ Ha Ha, that made me laugh, don't know why. Try this UK show. Its much better !

I will do that seriously though I wish I had better health I would be filming right nowNo I didn't laugh at you, just it was funny you wrote about the reality show and this is really a great drama that needs recognition.

Good for you, I would never go to do a reality show, good luck with ur health.

Edited by milkmansun

Crazyeighties

I will do that seriously though I wish I had better health I would be filming right now
No I didn't laugh at you, just it was funny you wrote about the reality show and this is really a great drama that needs recognition.

Good for you, I would never go to do a reality show, good luck with ur health.

thanks honestly I did not go and try out for myself I wanted to help others going through what I have/am going thorough to show you can still get out kick some f*cking ass, have fun doing it and do almost anything You set your heart/mind to Edited by Crazyeighties

Finite

Okay that's enough off-topic discussion if you please, if you're not here to discuss UTOPIA then please leave.

Edited by Secura

Mr Rabbit

Okay that's enough off-topic discussion if you please, if you're not here to discuss UTOPIA then please leave.

The UK Utopia, with mr rabbit and all that jazz

speaking of which I am rewatching and on the V-day tv advert they show jeff it has a newscaster called Jon/John snow on it, and given theacress that played the young Milner I just kept saying in my head "you know nothing john snow" :p also the reveal of Mr Rabbit is geniously done I have to say. I remember first seeing it and I was like "NO f*ckING WAY!"

I've actually heard a few people on other forums like in IMDB boards that a 3rd season is ''unnecessary'' and would be ''tacked on'' given how season 2 ended with absolutely nothing being certain at all I can safely say they are talking bollocks. V-day is still scehduled, the vaccine is still out there with Janus, the virus is still in the posession of the Network and Wilson has a plan to use it, The gang have been taken into custody, and Arby is their only hope it seems. Stupid stupid people

Edited by Flynny

milkmansun

Wow series 2 ending was a huge cliffhanger, if they have to end the series, please do it with series 3. Why nobody watching this show, for gods sake some lame ass shows get huge views and discussed how good it is. Man I don't understand this sh*t..

Finite

None of us Milkman, it's ridiculous that a show this good is struggling for ratings against shows like Gordie Shore and Big Brother, still when it comes to Netflix and on demand TV here in the UK, nothing seems to be more popular than UTOPIA, so here's hoping eh?

krashr

i think it's a great show and for some reason have a good feeling about an american version.. there are so many cool concepts to draw from and with fincher at the helm, it's a good sign. having said that, not sure why the uk version isn't getting more love

Mr Rabbit

i think it's a great show and for some reason have a good feeling about an american version.. there are so many cool concepts to draw from and with fincher at the helm, it's a good sign. having said that, not sure why the uk version isn't getting more love

It is on channel 4, most people forget that that exists here. A lot of people have heard of it, but haven't watched it, everyone who has seen it likes it and I mean everyone here, everyone I know anyway. I have been spreading the word as best I can, my dad, step-mum, co-workers, friends, family, my aunt's dog. It has what is known as a cult following, those who like it REALLY like it but it is a smallish fanbase due to its obscurity, the show almost seems to attempt going for cult status, in that case low viewings shouldn't be a real issue since they know on-demand services will be where it is watched, and they are right on that. This show at first seemed like a hipster's wet dream, it kinda is, because if this gets the attention of more people then it will go down as one of the greatest shows, and it should.

Edited by Flynny

krashr

It is on channel 4, most people forget that that exists here. A lot of people have heard of it, but haven't watched it, everyone who has seen it likes it and I mean everyone here, everyone I know anyway. I have been spreading the word as best I can, my dad, step-mum, co-workers, friends, family, my aunt's dog. It has what is known as a cult following, those who like it REALLY like it but it is a smallish fanbase due to its obscurity, the show almost seems to attempt going for cult status, in that case low viewings shouldn't be a real issue since they know on-demand services will be where it is watched, and they are right on that. This show at first seemed like a hipster's wet dream, it kinda is, because if this gets the attention of more people then it will go down as one of the greatest shows, and it should.

i've also told a heap of people to check it out, friends, clients, random pubgoers, the girl at the supermarket checkout.. one of my ex's is a massive hipster, so i told her that if she doesn't watch it now and it does get popular later, she won't be able to say she knew about it before everyone else and will lose all her hipster cred. i suspect she's watching it right now :lol:

krashr

if anybody in australia has been interested in catching this great show but haven't been able to, the first three episodes are being aired on sbs2 at about 10:30pm tonight! do it!

Finite

Ugh the wait for the possible conformation or cancellation of Series 3 is driving me up the wall already, I have a little hope that even if C4 decides not to renew it, Netflix will.

milkmansun

I really hope they do the next series soon, if not I would go crazy. I am trying to tell everyone I know about the show. when they gonna announce? May be next month?

krashr

it shouldn't even be debated! tv execs are dumb

Furry_Monkey

"Don't put the gas away yet"

"Do you know what I do with the spoon?"

Two phrases that will haunt me.

Every country has its top-notch stuff, but I really, really love the top-notch British TV. Channel 4 (and Film 4) please me on a regular basis. (As do BBC, with me being a Who fan and LOVING Sherlock, and don't even get me started on Luther!)

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Mr Rabbit

QP7KBRR.gif

PANSH FAMILII! PANSH FAMILII!

JANUS YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

milkmansun

Every time when this thread comes up, I get remembered the goodnight times of watching the show, just like breaking bad.

Finite

Utopia has been cancelled...

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

RedDagger

The optimist in me is saying that this show was pretty well received - I've seen nary a negative word said against it. Hopefully this isn't the final nail in the coffin...and anyway, with luck and lots of patience, we could be seeing something similar to this http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/twin-peaks-season-3-david-lynch-drama-gets-2016-release-date-after-25-year-break-9778186.html

ha

ha

:c

Mr Rabbit

we need netflix to save us was the top of their UK charts, this is hundred times worse than firefly.

Finite

Rare as it is that I actually support any of these petitions I'd advise any of you that want to see any sort of future Utopia related content at all go and sign this petition.

Mr Rabbit

If the US version succeeds we'll be back in business I guess.

signed

Edited by Flynny

Mr. Scratch

I feel like I have to bump this. What's everyone's opinion on Fincher directing and Gilian Flynn writing the US version? Assuming you've all seen Gone Girl. I for one have more than enough faith that these two can make it as good and maybe even better than the original.

darthYENIK

Changed the title back, because the sh*tty reality show was swiftly cancelled.

Mr. Scratch

Wait, was there actually a thread about the reality show? This would make an awesome reality show.

darthYENIK

No, there was a sh*tty reality show last year on Fox in the US, it involved putting a bunch of assholes on a farm and trying to see if they can build a successful society together. It was also called "Utopia".

But a couple people thought this topic was about that show, so I changed the title explaining it wasn't about that show. But that show is gone now.

Edited by darthYENIK