GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Has racing declined in popularity or is it my connection?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

I'm trying to rank up my second character by doing races, but all I seem to get are sparsely populated lobbies with an average of four or five players. In earlier versions of GTA Online, I encountered full lobbies much more often.

Is racing not that popular nowadays, or is something wrong with my connection?

Its been like this for me too and I feel like its something to do with my connection aswell.

Are the races you start/join called something like "10000RP/1000000$ RACE"? If not, there's your problem.

Interesting, because half of my invites are for racing. Maybe people got tired of being pitted, I certainly did. I just do non-contact racing now, unless with friends.

Giantsgiants

Are the races you start/join called something like "10000RP/1000000$ RACE"? If not, there's your problem.

No. I've never encountered any race like that.

Sneakerfeen11

I have noticed less people actually "play" the game period due to there being 10 new rp/money glitches every other week.

if the race doesnt involve super cars, jumps, or have 100000000RP_100000000$$$ in it, then its a ghost town. Just like free aim

I play races often and there has been a definite decline in the average numbers of players per lobby, on average it's four or five for me.

Ever since Criminal Records and various RP racing glitches got patched, that's when race lobbies started to decline.

I still do races time to time, but yeah, it's been awhile since I seen a full racing lobby.

Giantsgiants

Ever since Criminal Records and various RP racing glitches got patched, that's when race lobbies started to decline.

I still do races time to time, but yeah, it's been awhile since I seen a full racing lobby.

Yeah, I definitely feel like full racing lobbies aren't as common. It can be frustrating since I'm also trying to unlock the paint colors that are only unlocked by slipstreaming. Even popular straight tracks like The Commute are ghost towns now.

AceThaCreator

if the race doesnt involve super cars, jumps, or have 100000000RP_100000000$$$ in it, then its a ghost town. Just like free aim

Thats because they are too p*ssy to throw down in the muscle, sports, or motorcycle class where it requires ACTUAL skill not just senseless ramming with a top speed most can't handle with crashing into s*it im just saying. Edited by BlackAce23

I'm trying to rank up my second character by doing races, but all I seem to get are sparsely populated lobbies with an average of four or five players. In earlier versions of GTA Online, I encountered full lobbies much more often.

Is racing not that popular nowadays, or is something wrong with my connection?

It may be your connection, but more likely your cars and taste in colors and rims

• Like 1

customkingpimp

I think its your connection. I have no trouble finding races when I search for a random race.

the problem is the payouts. last race I've done i got a $800 payout and i finished 1st and it was def about 3 min race i was done.. and i need to complete the rally races because i want to metal paints but i can't seem to find people or join a race with full players

Edited by Zito

Yeah I think a lot of people are starting to get bored of gta online now, and after the money glitch there is less reason to need to race.

That said, you might still have a crappy connection.

There was full 16 player lobbies on GTA4 for years racing. If this is the case, GTAO racing lobbies already on decline, that would be sad.

Who will be the first to blame Kersh Kurdz ?

No. I've never encountered any race like that.

if you see them do not join, its basically a rip off.

Maybe no one wants to get blinded when their headlights reflect off of your rear bumper :lol:.

Seriously though it happens to me to. The popularity of the good races just isn't there any more, I haven't filled a lobby for 'Thrills In The Hills' in months but when I join 'Jumps Jumps Jumps' or the even worse 'White Cars Can't Jump' it fills within the first minute or two.

Most of the players right now just have a crap taste in races, This is judging from playing in AA since my connections so bad I can't get a full FA lobby, If only R* verified the good races and not just the ones with the most good votes.

My personal favorite is 'Downtown Underground' since if you time the Jump correctly you can clear someone elses car.

electroleum

Only time I really race is when a few of my XBL friends are online and also racing. I like racing with them because we always try and keep it clean.

mmm chocolate

I blame freeroam for being so damn fun. And the missions are infinite and better paying now.

Nobody races because kids with no skill just try to spin you out the whole race.

They don't even attempt to win the race their whole agenda is to spin as many players out as possible

I used to love racing in Gta 4 it's mostly all i did and it's sad how these races are now i don't get it. so no i never race anymore and never will

It's pointless and not fun at all

• Like 2

#BlackLivesMatter

Change you setting too assisted aim, this should put you into full lobbies. Go too the crew invite part of forums and try too find a dedicated racing crew.

Hate being pitted then make sure the setting for motorcycles.

Edited by garvdart

Racing has fallen off quite a bit, and I often wonder if it's got something to do with the "on call" feature being introduced. Like it's somehow made finding races buggier.

customkingpimp

I am not sure what console, but on ps3, its real easy to find full race lobbies when you join a random race.

It's because the RP payouts for races are crap. Don't bother with races. Grab those invites to RR, Defender or Chopper Tail -- they each pay about 3000 RP.

CrysisAverted

I always find it tough to find a decent race that isn't another custom long haul wannabe with 1 000 000 000 in the description