GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tanks

TheNameless

TheNameless

Ok, so I have been spawn killed by a LOT of people in tanks. It's frustrating and I get where a lot of the hate for 'twankers' comes from.

Today I took my tank for a spin, I purposely decided that I would take out cops and bountys (giving the bounty to the lowest ranked in the lobby).

No sooner had I got into my tank than I was hounded by players with stickys and RPGs.

My question is this, do you attack tanks on sight, avoid or cruise alongside?

Typically avoid, unless I realize they're friendly.

Then I just ride with them while they're blasting officers left and right.

Most people attack tanks on sight, that's why I never uses them in a crowded area unless for specific purposes (grievers usually). Even if they don't attack you then, they'll just come back in their own tank even if you didn't do anything to them.

zdj9bqf.png

NV75rfv.png

if they kill me then yeah i fight them any way i can. if they don't kill me then i just follow to watch the carnage.

Fail_At_GTA

I destroy tanks all the time now because its so easy. Even with stickies, all you have to do is lure them towards you (its a stupid tank driver, they're desperate for any type of kill) and blow up 3-5 stickies as they're driving over them and their tank is destroyed and they go in passive and leave the lobby. Its quite hilarious.

In the Bad Sport lobbies everyone has God Mode on their cars, essentially rendering tanks and other explosives ineffectual.

In the Bad Sport lobbies everyone has God Mode on their cars, essentially rendering tanks and other explosives ineffectual.

This is why you shouldn't be a bs :)
  • Like 1

0_0.jpg

• Like 3

senormidget

I used to just leave the area but since they got nerfed and are so easy to destroy I mostly hunt them down.

0_0.jpgomg I will giv u ¥2000000000 for dat

0_0.jpg

damn someone seem a bit touchy about BS. :lol:

TheNameless

But would you take a tank down if the tank didn't not act with aggression toward you?

Always avoid people in tanks. Haven't touched my tank in months, but I never killed any players unless they were using explosives against me. I Usually just went on police rampages, or cruised around in it when I wasn't in the mood to deal with people who shoot everyone they see.

Hilarious to see players in their supercars drive up to your blip, only to turn tail and speed off when they see you're in a tank.

• Like 2

brooklyn718

I blow tanks to sh*t without care...even if they get me 2 or 3 times. The tank griefer hate it.

CrysisAverted

If I saw a tank in downtown killing innocent police officers with families I would want to destroy it to

• Like 3

TheNameless

What about if you saw a innocent tank driver protecting himself against the tyranny of the law enforcement agency's the only way he can?

• Like 1

Biohazard Abyss

I usually avoid and if they have douchebag motives, then I attack on sight, as they may just want to cruise around in a tank, and blow up cops and peds.

klZZFxG.png

If I hear explosives, I try and keep a 1-2 block buffer between the sound and me, I get worried it's a tank. However, I do tend to play around in my tank as 'peace keeper'. It's funny watching random people freak I'm a tank griefer then the behaviour of bafflement I havent shot at them, then they realise I'm neutral/friendly. But if I see a high level harassing low levels I roll in with the tank and go on my merry way. Usually that's enough to get them to knock it off or leave, but if they persist, I turn right around and come back. A tank is either a tool of fear or justice and when used for the latter, it feels good. :cool:

I actively seek and destroy every tank I see or hear cause I hate tank greifers. Tank drivers are pussies who always go passive when the tank dies

GunTotinHippie

After southpark im gonna take my tank out for a spin. Raising K/D ratios since 2010 hahaha

I drive up to them and get them to shoot me and pay my $9500 insurance bill. It's funny as I thank them for the insurance.

They normally reply "I don't care I got heaps of cash". After them destroying me four times, they usually go the other direction when they see me or try to run me over in which case I mock them more and you can hear how sh*tty they get.

I've not met a twanker just "minding his own business".... Vary rare breed tbh but I dont go out of my way to take 1 on unless the spawn killing of others becomes an issue....

Did have a situation yesterday when I had 3 crew members trying to grief my female character around the map and some random got his tank out, messaged me to go into passive and promptly cleaned them up. Never thought I would see that day and I only wish I had noted the players name down... Brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT!

What about if you saw a innocent tank driver protecting himself against the tyranny of the law enforcement agency's the only way he can?

I would think, gee, it's too bad that tanker was not wise enough to do all his police rampaging in a private lobby instead of a full public lobby. Now he has to somehow convince 15 other players that he is one of the 6 nice tankers in all of GTA0, rather than one of the 2,345,743,368 evil tankers that they have already been killed by. :p

Edited by saintsrow

I always try to blow em. then i send em msgs like "why you running? dont like it when people shoot back huh bigboy"

thats always a good bait to through out. they always come back for the finishing blow XD

Sneakerfeen11

I have never seen a player in a tank just taking a cruise to take out cops in a public lobby. If you're in a public lobby with a tank you're looking for cheap player kills. If you want to cause chaos with the cops that is why they have invite only lobbies.

I always try to blow em

oh do you now?

TheNameless

I never said it was purely to take out the cops, as I also said, I do take out players with bountys and give the cash back or give it to the lowest rank in the lobby.

I also like to find players pinned down by the cops and give them a way out.

Not saying I have never been a twanker, but that gets boring a after 5 minutes.

Earlier today I had a guy message me that he was being griefed and could he stick with me a while. I obliged as he was a level 13 and the guy killing him was over level 150