Should Vinewood And Movies Have Played A Bigger Role?

zuckmeslow

the game takes place in los santos. it has a protagonist that is obsessed with movies and even though he gets to produce a movie, we are never given the option to do things in the studio or even given follow up missions about movies.

should vinewood have been a bigger focus in the game? maybe have a club management style mission in the studio similar to what luis did in the clubs during ballad of gay tony.

i feel like stuntman side missions would have been awesome.

we get to drive the jb 700

JB700-GTAV-Front.png

which is james bonds car from goldfinger

cool-cars-goldfinger-1.jpg

what if we had more movie parody cars.

like the delorean

bttf_time_machine_ebay_lead.jpg

or the black beauty

13924042313176.jpg

and a lot more.

i just think vinewood should have played a bigger role in gta v.

the stuntman missions could have been something like this

Spaghetti Cat

No GTA V's Single Player campaign had too many missions as it is. If anything they should have removed missions and properties. You should have been forced to live out of your car and preform bum-fights with a broken bottle everyday as a mini-game, the only mini-game.

not really I like your idea, but it's all MP and no SP from now on out

No Image Available

universetwisters

Stuntman missions would be a good idea for GTA Online, like stunt challenges.

Speaking of, wasn't Vice City originally going to have a stunt mission like that? I know VCS did.

sTgL5iS.png

AceThaCreator

No GTA V's Single Player campaign had too many missions as it is. If anything they should have removed missions and properties. You should have been forced to live out of your car and preform bum-fights with a broken bottle everyday as a mini-game, the only mini-game.

You obviously never played GTA SA that game had 100 story missions plus 50+ side missions. If anything V shouldve been WAY longer being that it had three protagonists.
  • Like 2

AlabamaFatts

This whole game is one big dedication to music and movies as it is. There are tons of references to pop culture throughout the entire game. As it stands, the entertainment industry has already gotten its fair share of nods from Rockstar. Just take a look at the Easter eggs that have been found, you'll see that the majority of them have something to do with the movies, tv, or music industry.

You obviously never played GTA SA that game had 100 story missions plus 50+ side missions. If anything V shouldve been WAY longer being that it had three protagonists.

Did you even read the spoiler tag?

Ah this is such a cliched Zuckmeslow thread.

Edited by stjimmy3

Good post. I feel this is one of the few elements of the game they dropped the ball on. Besides the main character wanting to be in a movie.. it didnt feel very "hollywood"

what the f*ck are you on about, if anything we need a more missions were you really satisfied with 69 missions with a few of them as glorified cutscenes!

Yeah, I made this up back in the days, for online though :)

UPDATED 18/11

A more friendly mode which gives upgrading vehicles some meaning and a place to really show off your rides.

The Stunt Man Stand-in:

At a certain rank you get a call from the adrenaline junkie from Story Mode, can't remember his name. He introduces you to this guy from the film industry (we are in Vinewood after all) and he has some jobs for you.

You participate in different competitions for cars, bmx:es, motorcycles. You begin with a sh*tty one on all of these categories. The objective is to unlock different features for all of them that gives you a better chance to hit bigger scores. Towards the end you will only be able to participate on some races/obstacle courses with a fully modded vehicle and outfit.

You score points as you make flips, grinds, land high jumps. You will get better score making more flips at a time, longer grinds, land higher jumps.

One of the modifications let you land tricks from very high buildings/mountain shelves, right now you crash if you do so.

These trick-vehicles will only be available for doing these stunt jobs, but will be available to use in Free Mode once you finished everything.

You compete yourself up to the point where you proven yourself to be a daredevil to count with. At this point you have made it to celebrity status and are visible on all big billboards around the city for other players to see for an entire GTA-day or something.

1zvc2nr.jpg

The cougar chic is replaced with a pic of you, with your clothes on.

Now you get discounts on expensive stores around the city as a celebrity.

2jdrwgj.jpg

You'll win a trophy that appears in your apartment once you completed everything.

This will be a game mode, guns are swapped with paintball guns. You will be able to buy different color shots.

So other players around you will only be able to "paint" you and make scores (get higher rank or something) while not doing stunt jobs. In this mode shower and car wash would really have a purpose:

2ypdx1i.jpg

In this friendly game mode players cruise around the map with their pimped up rides and listening to nice music without the risk of getting your vehicle blown up in pieces.

All races and parachute could be moved to this game mode.

2q1hwcj.jpg

Fame or shame is a thing of the past, that was Tracy's thing.

Make a Custom Car and Bike Show in the Maze Bank Arena instead!

Bring whatever custom vehicle you want and compete with random players around the world only (no friends/crew). You vote on other rides, not your own with the chance of winning a price.

(You're allowed to have like 4-5 bikes in your garage, it's really boring having un-customized ones just hanging there...)

My post from: http://gtaforums.com/topic/619432-suggestions-to-improve-freemode/?p=1064047238

Edited by robban