GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mission hosts: Do you boot off lower level players?

Elder Maxson

Elder Maxson

Suppose you are a high-leveled 100 something player who is hosting Rooftop Rumble. Then, as the lobby fills up, one of the guys is a level 8. Would you kick him/her off or let them play?

I'd let them play if I know I can finish the mission by myself

I know how annoying it is to get kicked so I usually let them stay

Seriously hosts, turn the thing to closed so I don't join and you kick me, jeez

Edited by LOES

I let them stay. I appreciated it a lot when I was allowed to stay, so I'm returning the favor.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

VictinisRage

Let him play.

I actually boot off anyone OVER Rank 75.

I am Mayor of the Lower Rank-Ers! Hear me scream :D

If you don't want randoms to join then close matchmaking (correctly, not in the mission lobby)

Kicking people from missions after you essentialy invited them is griefing

Let them play. I'm finding that low levels are either pretty cooperative or complete a*sholes.

If they screw it up on purpose, I'll kick if they join again.

This goes for any mission.

CarimboHanky

i dont play or host missions on a regular basis but when i do, i host missions for low levels, so no i dont boot low levels!

I don't mind letting them stay. I was allowed to stay and play back then too so why not?

Biohazard Abyss

I don't give a sh*t who you are, just don't f*ck things up.

klZZFxG.png

I'm over here trying to get people to join while others are kicking players from their sessions :(

• Like 2

Never play with randoms, so if there's a low level its a crew member, so no

Nope, I don't kick anyone.

I am now rank 151 but we all started at 1 if you remember back that far ;)

In fact, I met an Irish kid who was rank 28 yesterday who joined my RR hosting and we had a blast. I must admit we've grinded it a bit over the last couple of days, but he is now rank 35 and has enough money to buy himself some half decent cars.

Karma can be a bitch, so I try not to discriminate against any "low level" players in case I ever decide to start up a secondary character...!

do i kick low lvls? nope, why would I ? we were all noobs in the begining :D

Edited by zapotist

I host RR and ONLY invite players in my lobby below lvl 30. High ranked players all have their own way and usually go in guns blazing blowing everything up and botch sh*t. I need to get set up in position and it's hard when they already shooting cause one guy is shooting RPGs from two blocks away. Lower levels usually wait for my lead and either follow or end up dying and letting me do it solo. It's much better to play with them cause they want to cooperate, thinking the mission is hard. I also like helping them out with the $ and RP

• Like 2

tronheisenberg

Never, you don't know who is using their second character, and just because they're low level doesn't mean they don't know how to play the game. The majority of random low level players I've played with in RR do much better than the high level ones. The low level ones know they can't start this mission on their own so they try and impress by doing well. #don'tundereestimatethenoob

• Like 4

I alwayskick high levels went i am hosting anyjob

I always report DB's like you who invite me and then kick me

• Like 4

I've never booted low level guys. I like to see who they'll perform under fire.

I wish I could remember one of the guys that I first played with. Dude was just under 20th level and I let him play Rooftop with me and and a mid-level friend I was helping get up some levels so he could grind on his own. This guy joined us and was doing better than my leveled friend! He was good with cover, never died so we switched it up and went into Deathmatches and he just kept doing well. He didn't have 10 kills like the higher level guys, but he was choosing his shots well and not running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He was always hovering around the 1.5 k/d range. I realized that if I kicked low levels you could be missing out on someone who had potential.

I myself have found it the opposite. I was booted more at higher levels than I was at lower levels. Especially in the 999 level days and I was booting those guys. It's calmed down a lot more now.

AceThaCreator

THIS. People always make the assumption that low ranks are the ones who ruin missions but i find it to ALWAYS be the opposite.
  • Like 1

I usually let them play and I keep an eye on them so they don't die and I can respawn if needed. They're like my children, I do the nasty job for them so they can get the prizes easily.

I host RR and ONLY invite players in my lobby below lvl 30. High ranked players all have their own way and usually go in guns blazing blowing everything up and botch sh*t. I need to get set up in position and it's hard when they already shooting cause one guy is shooting RPGs from two blocks away. Lower levels usually wait for my lead and either follow or end up dying and letting me do it solo. It's much better to play with them cause they want to cooperate, thinking the mission is hard. I also like helping them out with the $ and RP

This. I love helping low levels out. If there is a low level with a bounty I WILL make sure I kill him first and then give him the money. I also if I can be arsed message them to sell good cars that are spawning at the customs for good dollar. Unlike the majority of high level players they actually like to cooperate and don't think they are on top of the world and better than everyone.

• Like 1

This. Also if they're a squeaker I kick them.

i dont do that because i dont know how and i want to play with anybody

but heres my question

how i boot off people from missions or otrher activities?

NikkoCharger

I host missions for low levels and let them do all the work so it really doesn't matter.

ninjaontour

It's usually level 100+ that f*ck around on those missions, lower levels are much less likely to be trolling ass-hats.

OT:

If the mission hasn't started yet hit "View Joined Players", select your player and hit kick.

If the mission has started, you'll need a majority vote to kick by hitting

• Start
  • Players
  • Select player to kick

If you don't want random people joining, set matchmaking to closed at the bottom of the mission setup screen.

Wish we had a level capper like the one in Payday 2 where you just set "Mininum Rank" before you open the lobby for a heist.

Edited by ninjaontour