GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

would you still be playing gta online if there was no car customizatio

kevin de santa

kevin de santa

I mostly play sp but would you still be playing GTA online if you could only store cars not customize them?

Definitely not. It's time for a third garage actually, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

• Like 3

If the GTA:O as a whole didn't have a money concept, thus removing buying things and unlocking clothing/Pegasus vehicles per level, I would play differently. The game would have a bigger focus on killing one another (as there's no fear of losing money because there would be none), missions would be done solely for RP and people would actually have cars that were worth getting not based on price but on the level their character is. It would make a ton of pros and cons, though. If that happened, I would still play.

If the game kept all it has but didn't include car customizing, the game would be severely limited and I doubt I would still be playing. GTA IV was tons of fun as people would either try to find an Infernus or get the Sultan RS and bring it at the airport. It blew up? No problem, just get another. Money in that game had little effect (apart from leveling up which no one really cared about as all it did was add clothing). It had that care-free attitude. Everyone was equal in a fight, the only real "winner" would have an armor and a rifle/rocket launcher. You'd be f*cked if that happened. But if you spawned and you both had a pistol it was a fair fight. Try that in GTA:O; spawn next to some guy and see if he doesn't go into passive mode or gets in his supercar and shoots at you while reversing. So, no, I wouldn't be playing (as of now) if there was no customizing. It adds so much to the game. While it does add some nervousness to own a car and put tons of money on it and the chance of losing it is there (MMI glitch where they don't pick up), it's still something I enjoy doing as it immerses me in the game.

In short: stock cars look like sh*t. There would be around 3 cars I would drive daily if they were stock.

Edited by livejoker

A million % have 4 ten car garages which I havnt been in for months and I have 2 motorbikes off the street and a car someone glitched a while a go , I play for the violence and thw fact thar you can have a proper good battle not just with computer generated enemies but real people , well most are lol

Brock Elvis

If the option for Ownership and Insurance was omitted, I would not play Grand Theft Auto: Online at all. One of the few wonderful things that Singleplayer doesn't have and most other games don't, either.

CarimboHanky

i'd play it anyway!

i mean, i played nothing but IV for 2 straight years, that game is more limited than V and i was happy, sure hell ill play V even if customization was not available.

da_illest101

I wouldn't have played as much. I just wish we could do more to cars, more parts, chrome rims, paint the car however will feel like, have Lamborghini doors, buttefly or suicide on any car, create custom grills etc.

AceThaCreator

HELL NAW thats one of the top 3 reasons that keeps me playing this game. I got 39 vehicles and only like 75% of them are fully customized so that one of reasons that i make money is to finish up both of my characters garages.

No, Car customization is the one thing I was praying for to make a comeback before release.

Off topic but to any NFS fans there's a high chance the the next one will be Underground 3 since they've said they're giving us one we've wanted for a long time and the skip of the yearly release only says yes even more, but my point here is that that once Underground 3 comes, for me, this game will probably be forgotten about within a day of playing.

Still? No way. I would have stopped a while back if I couldn't customize cars. Also, without the High Life update, I wouldn't have put another 10 days of online gameplay. A great portion of my time has been spent on customizing vehicles/characters and playing with others while sporting my new customizations.

For me personally I would say no, cars are only a little part of this game in my opinion and I am more of a gun enthusiast. There is so much other content to keep me playing.

I probably would have become bored of online quickly if there was no car customization. Cars are a very important feature to me. I have 2 characters with two 10 car garages each. All 40 cars are fully customized. I'm ready and hoping for a 3rd garage soon. Or I could become bored with online.

Fluffy Apple

Mostly everyone has the same vehicles and they all want to prove that their ride is better than the next so no, the game isn't worth playing if the simple minded could look better than each other.

but i love the game and could care less about vehicle customizations.