GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

AI Lazer

CrazyDog150

CrazyDog150

Anyone else notice the AI Lazer is harder to loose now?Normally,I just fly straight to the City and he's gone.

But since 1.14/1.15 he catches up to me in the City.

Also,his rockets have no lock-on sound and he fires his miniguns at you even if he's not facing you.

The weirdest part about the AI Jet is that he shoots rounds that look like tank shells.

I flew right under him a few minutes ago and he just straight up destroyed me with one of those rounds.

This isn't a rant topic about FZ being too difficult,as I'm not Mosin Nagant.I just want to know if this kind of stuff happened to other players,too.

Edited by CrazyDog150
  • Like 3

Yes, I've noticed this as well. I believe it has to do with Rockstar always changing the NPC AI every update. I would quote the post, but I can't remember where it is. It was on a thread on here.

j4hhYw6.png

Just be the better pilot and shoot him down.

Edited by Ninja_Gear

No problems here. Fly straight up first. Gets em every time.

Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Like 2
iz5LICs.gif

CrazyDog150

Yeah,that's what I do.Fly straight up,pull down again and out of FZ.

No Lazer behind me.And out of nowhere he's behind me again even when I'm far away from Zancudo.

Edited by CrazyDog150

xXepicjasaXx

I managed to steal a jet with no problem yesterday, there wasnt even any tanks or AI jets

Rockstar are testing us Lazer pilots lol. 4 days ago, I stole a jet & I flew 90 degrees up to the ceiling, lost him. Went to the city to give crew mates air support. Next thing I know, the AI killed me in the city.

It doesn't disappear completely.

• Like 1

----------------------

Yeah,that's what I do.Fly straight up,pull down again and out of FZ.

No Lazer behind me.And out of nowhere he's behind me again even when I'm far away from Zancudo.

Whilst doing the loop, keep the right stick held in to look behind you to keep track of him. Then when he's in range, kill it with the cannons.

Flew over the base's fence down at the end of the runway and see the AI jet flying around so i don't bother with him (was too late to attack him at that point, went past em) and make it up the road near a mountain on the opposite side of the Zancudo turn off - aaaaand bang, despite the fact i was still watching him back at the fence..

Some days this game pisses me off.

Edited by marco-polo

CrazyDog150

The thing that annoys me about him are those "Tank-shell" kind of rounds.

A Rhino insta kills you if it hits you.

I fly up,about to do my loop.

*Boom* my P-996 goes up in flames and I crash into the ground.

A Tank would have destroyed the jet with one round but it didn't.It was the same round that hit me while I was flying under the AI Lazer.

They're different.Not as strong and they don't have the smoke like those of the Rhino.

Edited by CrazyDog150

Dan_Houser_Official

Yeah, they followed me around the map this morning and a few days ago I was in a shoot out with about 5 other people and we were all at 4-5 star and a jet came from the military base and blew us all up then flew away.

It followed me half way to the city and killed me with a silent rocket. When I respawned it just kept circling around the area I was in. Not only do they have no lock-on sound, they don't show up on the radar. f*cking freak.

HopalongCasidy

If you fly up and

out over the zan river, slow down and use your rear view. 9/10 he will break left towards sandy shores. When he does that, follow and kill

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

Have you ever been killed by him with no stars on the ground? My brother got killed by him atleast 5 times in one lobby in the city every time. He got him near the cemetary he respawned on the hill and I came over to pick him up and he's like "look there he is again", we were looking at him with our snipers and boom, the laser pilot fires one bullet at him in the head... Lol

Edited by iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

he fires one bullet at him in the head.

badass-over-here.jpg

But yeah, he likes to spawnkill random people in its area. It also seems to be pretty dumb because it sometimes just hovers and crashes into the ground/mountain side.

Edited by Ninja_Gear

maybeanotherone

not really since it loves to go to sandy shores on it's own.

fly west to the ocean, 180 to east as soon as you pass zancudo bridge, 90 degree turn south to the city over route 69's ammunation area.

the ai jet keeps heading to sandy shores.

as good of a pilot as i am i don't feel like shooting him down every single time, specially as his cannons shoot at impossible angles like backwards.

best to leave him be, fly away or bait him the way i described.

like some said he won't spawn if we fly straight up from the base, and that's ok because there's no missile spawning from the base like at launch.

now there's just the ai jet which may or not even spawn.

zancudo never been easier

although i got scared the other night but it was mostly about timming i guess.

i jumped in at the tunnel entrance, land about in the middle of the runway to look back and see the ai jet just land at the end of the runway.

at first i thought he was coming for me but i guess that was just a scripted animation i never saw as i'm used to see ai take off from the base, never had seen it land.

needless to say the ai pilot does not spawn if you steal or destroy his plane if you find him taxiing through the base.

Edited by maybeanotherone

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

he fires one bullet at him in the head.

badass-over-here.jpg

But yeah, he likes to spawnkill random people in its area. It also seems to be pretty dumb because it sometimes just hovers and crashes into the ground/mountain side.

lol, I meant the laser pilot shot him, not my brother. would've been cool though.

The thing is the Lazer pilot's cannon can fire 360 degree that bothers me.I have not much problem of it following me and firing the missiles in free roam.But in missions, things get far worse,if the Lazer wasn't taken out it can spawn kill the whole team.

maybeanotherone

the lazer pilot becomes hostile if you shoot at him while on the ground even without stars.

he will spawnkill you until he crashes, you shoot him down or he freezes mid air.

I dont use lazers but the last few times i have (3 times this week) i havent had a AI jet come after me?

I fly straight out the hangar stay as low as possible once over FZ drop lower so your nearly touching the swap.

maybeanotherone

I dont use lazers but the last few times i have (3 times this week) i havent had a AI jet come after me?

I fly straight out the hangar stay as low as possible once over FZ drop lower so your nearly touching the swap.

it's random really.

these days the base is so popular that half the time it glitches to that state where nothing spawns but both gate guards.

and when things do spawn they might despawn.

nothing worse than to jump on top a jet for it to vanish, although it's pretty funny to see military jump out of their jeeps and become stranded because there's no jeep and suddently they have no cover.

Yeah, I HATE that jet. The AI Lazer should fire missiles, not shoot cannons. And we should have the ability to deploy flares.

LambentBunny

Not had this issue but i do randomly get killed by one if i get the cops on me when im near the base

i've always wondered what triggers the tank spawning.

ive tried different times,vehicles and entry points for zancuda but it seem's to be random.

sometimes there's a tank,sometimes the base is empty,sometimes the AI jet's on patrol......

i'd call lester but i'm a tightwad!...i dont wanna spend 5 grand if the base is empty.

InfernalOutcast

The only time I've dealt with AI jets is in missions. Don't know what OP's talking about.

maybeanotherone

we have no buttons left for flares if you do the math.

people love to ask for new features but never seem to consider that the control mappings are filled up.

no flares, no hidraulics, no manual transmission.

The only time I've dealt with AI jets is in missions. Don't know what OP's talking about.

then why post and make a fool of yourself since you're the only one who doesn't seem to know what OP is talking about.

but thanks, now we know you know nothing and that helps for future reference.

• Like 1

Looks like op gots lazer problems

This is the method I do, usually keeps the AI jet from spawning or at the least allows you to notice it and give you enough time to react

Best way I have found to prevent the jet from coming after you

1. Get jet located in hangar (the ai jet spawns behind you from this position)

2. As soon as you get in, hold right stick in to look back and hold it

3. To take off go full throttle, fly straight up put your gear up and start flying up and down quickly, while still holding right stick. Try to stay aware as to where the ground is!

4. You should still be flying in the direction you took off from, after you pass the first mountain you can let go of right stick, you are most likely free at this point, feel free to keep checking your back until the city if you feel like you're not alone up there

Quick and easy

The AI jet spawns to the North of the base, by taking the plane in the hangar and looking back you are looking in the direction of the enemy jet and GTA V does not like spawning things where you are looking for some reason, if necessary you can use the 2 jets under the smaller hangars(facing east), just make sure you incorporate a Southbound turn into that plan immediately after takeoff, there is also another south facing jet just to the east of the one in the hangar, this one is sitting outside of a hangar.

In the event the AI jet does spawn and you notice it keep looking at it with the camera so you don't lose track of it, best way to take care of it is to do a winding upward/downward spiral to get behind him to take him out. Keep in mind that while engaging the enemy jet (this also goes for player controlled jets) he might circle to try and avoid you, you should be able to see his tail as you follow him, switch to cannons and hit him in the tail, easy victory.

Doing a Cuban 8 also seems to confuse the AI jet enough to take it down.

The whole "flying up and down quickly" bit is to try and dodge the tanks on the ground, those things have deadly accuracy

I can't make you do what I want to with a jet you get this way, but please, try not to be an idiot and avoid shooting at unarmed aircraft and non-hostile ground targets.

Edited by Andr3wGee