GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Who's deleting good threads and why?

elfoam

I notice from time to time very constructive threads being deleted on here. I'm not sure if there's a troll/rogue moderator on the loose or what but someone needs to watch whoever's doing it. Today there was a thread about the Pegasus spawns which had now dissaprared. I'd like to ask why?. Do Rockstar ask so to not look bad ? Or just some random moderator having fun ?.

Edited by elfoam

YA BOY DIRT

/inb4delete

FertileFuZZ

It can baffle me sometimes, when a thread that is in my opinion is a good quality topic gets deleted/locked by the mods, whilst other crap ones where people are cussing each other and it is quite pointless get left alone...

Either someone is bugging a Mod some cash, or some of them just have a wrapped sense of right...

No doubt this will get locked / or then again maybe not... It's soooooooo random...

Pegasus vehicles disappearing has already been discussed, prolly the reason.

Usually threads are locked/deleted when the topic has already been discussed, belongs in the Q/A section, fails to spark conversation, etc.

Damn, I miss being a moderator on C&C Renegade...

Dan_Houser_Official

because if there is anything that sounds like it complains or a suggestion they get the thread deleted and are re-directed by some neo-nazi moderator to a dead thread known as bitch n moan.

inb4mods

• Like 1

Either someone is bugging a Mod some cash, or some of them just have a wrapped sense of right...

Don't forget the favorites.

• Like 2

They've most likely merged those threads to existing relevant ones to keep the discussion centralized.

You know how the mods hate hate duplicate threads.

I hate it when I come up with a great opinion and the second I press enter, the thread gets locked. :/

Well it needs talking about, because what's the point contributing your time to a forum if dodgy moderators are going to delete your content.

• Like 2

Mods/Admins are usually having fun with Houser brothers. Every thread gets deleted, admins/mods get shark cards.

Maybe not :O

• Like 3

TexasKilldozer

I heard GTA Forums works closely with Rockstar so your theory might be right.

You know too much. We'll be in touch soon.

Signed,

The R* division of The Illuminati

I notice from time to time very constructive threads being deleted on here. I'm not sure if there's a troll/rogue moderator on the loose or what but someone needs to watch whoever's doing it. Today there was a thread about the Pegasus spawns which had now dissaprared. I'd like to ask why?. Do Rockstar ask so to not look bad ? Or just some random moderator having fun ?.

rockstar? you idiot and what a crap thread!!

Many of my threads have been deleted, the bad and the less bad alike. My thread on FOS, my thread on getting the R* verified shirt, and others all got deleted. They obviously are in cahoots with Rockstar!

Follow me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LPGTAO

Add me on PS3: LPGTAO

TexasKilldozer

There's always a simple, rational explanation for everything, don't you know that?
im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-a

Not sure I even want to know who owns the forum. I assumed a GTA fan from years ago.. I haven't been here long enough to know the history.

DJ Insanity

Not sure I even want to know who owns the forum. I assumed a GTA fan from years ago.. I haven't been here long enough to know the history.

I kept asking who was the owner and kept getting the answer saying there is none and that all the admins and mods run the site.

Threads being locked and directed to the Bitch & Moan thread while there's an on-going discussion in that thread is pretty stupid. Nobody uses it, a thread that would have a discussion normally, gets 1 reply if you're lucky.

Killzone3265

i hate the separate discussion threads like Q&A and the bitch&moan thread, they get too damn clustery(?) and confusing, no one but MAYBE the regulars reads the new posts in them

backward_axis

Because the simple fact remains, winter IS coming, and ain't no one got time for that.

Yea I made meme thread one day and then the next day a guy came up, made the exact same thread and named it "the official". Then mine got locked.

Dafuq. Maybe they're doing it for swag.

Simple enough, The mods want millions of players with complaints to post in A SINGLE f*ckING THREAD.

• Like 2

Well, this is a spam-fest.

To the OP: threads are rarely "deleted" unless their spam. They're often locked- for instance, if they're pointless, or duplicates of other threads, or contain content that's covered in other threads, or ask questions that could be asked elsewhere.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4