• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gnocchi Flip Flops

• mr quick

• Cameron Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People who don't use to and too correctly, and don't know the difference between your and you're.   Hell, throw in the "their,they're, and there".   I tend to read posts word for word so I pick u

Pubes on the bar of soap.

I apologise.

10 minutes ago, Cameron Star said:

Youtube "reaction" videos. I've watched a couple in the past and I just don't get it. I don't get why someone would be entertained to watch someone else's reaction or overreaction to a movie/song/video/whatevs. Can't stand it when I get one reccomended to me with a picture of someone's stupified dropped jaw in the thumbnail looking like they just discovered they were adopted.

Coleco

Ads for Grammarly 

Or any which contain obnoxiously twee ukulele and whistling

Actually just ads in general

I swear at this point there are ads interrupting the ads on YouTube

• Like 1
Uncle-John

People who don't flush the toilet after using it, seriously has no one taught you how to flush the damn thing or is this just intentional? Honestly childish, no one needs to see or smell your crap, learn to flush the damn toilet!

• Like 4
Cameron Star
6 hours ago, Coleco said:

Ads for Grammarly 

Or any which contain obnoxiously twee ukulele and whistling

Actually just ads in general

I swear at this point there are ads interrupting the ads on YouTube

Sounds like you need an adblocker.

mr quick
21 hours ago, Uncle-John said:

People who don't flush the toilet after using it, seriously has no one taught you how to flush the damn thing or is this just intentional? Honestly childish, no one needs to see or smell your crap, learn to flush the damn toilet!

To continue on this, people who don't clean the seat and bowl after them... I hate having to scrub off someone else's caked up mystery juice before I can sit

• Like 2
Algonquin Assassin

People who still don't abide by the current social distancing rules.

Yes I know it sucks and I don't like being locked up inside of my house either, but the sooner we do it the better and the faster we can back to living normally.  

• Like 4
FangDangFoo

When eldery people jump the queue.(in general, not just because of the current climate).

I know you know what your doing you old codger, don't play the confused act with me.

trip

When it takes a long time to solve a problem and then when you are shown the solution you feel totally stupid.  Like why didn't I see that?  It's obvious!

• Like 4
Mr JoeStalin
On 4/13/2020 at 3:01 AM, trip said:

When it takes a long time to solve a problem and then when you are shown the solution you feel totally stupid.  Like why didn't I see that?  It's obvious!

I have something similar

When you check the answer behind and by mistake you see the next few as well but in your mind you pretend not to have seen them.

Mister Pink

Women, they want to tell you their problems. And men, we like to fix problems. But a woman doesn't tell you her problems because she wants you to fix the problem. Nope. That's not what she wants. She wants someone to listen to her problems and being empathetic and "awww." And I know I'm making sweeping generalizations here but that's my experience of it. Men are very much solution-orientated in this kind of scenario. And if someone shares some sort of problem or vulnerability, the first thing that comes to my mind is "how can I fix this." Not "how can I be caring or comforting." That's not the go-to reaction from me. It's something I must learn. It doesn't feel natural at all to me. 

There are exceptions to this, of course. But I find mostly, in that scenario, she is looking for emotional support, not a fix. It's frustrating at times, lol :D 

• Like 1
Shaundi.

My current ISP. I upgraded to 100Mbps last week and the speeds stayed the same except for a few hours it went as high as 87Mbps then reverted back to 10Mbps. I tried to get in contact with them but they took down their complaints number and now the only way to get in contact with them is through chat-bots. Yes. Chat-bots. No real people.

I asked them why the speeds remained the same from the previous plan and didn't upgrade and the bot told me to reset my router and gave no further instructions and closed the chat thread. What?

That one incident easily pushed me over the line so I immediately went to a 5 star ISP and signed up for 100/20 for $89p/m. Their emails are genuine and supportive. They told me my internet will be active once my current ISP deactivates my service.

I sent my current ISP an email requesting a service deactivation and said they'd get in touch within 2 days and "may consider" deactivation. May consider? 3 days later (nearly 4 now) my service still active with no internet connection and no emails yet.

I feel like I'm being kept hostage.

If you're an ISP and take down your phone numbers and give sh*t service and customer service, you deserve the abuse you get, no wonder you resort to chat-bots to interact with your customers.

• Like 1
AngelsOfBloodyDeath
1 hour ago, Shaundi. said:

My current ISP. I upgraded to 100Mbps last week and the speeds stayed the same except for a few hours it went as high as 87Mbps then reverted back to 10Mbps. I tried to get in contact with them but they took down their complaints number and now the only way to get in contact with them is through chat-bots. Yes. Chat-bots. No real people.

I asked them why the speeds remained the same from the previous plan and didn't upgrade and the bot told me to reset my router and gave no further instructions and closed the chat thread. What?

That one incident easily pushed me over the line so I immediately went to a 5 star ISP and signed up for 100/20 for $89p/m. Their emails are genuine and supportive. They told me my internet will be active once my current ISP deactivates my service.

I sent my current ISP an email requesting a service deactivation and said they'd get in touch within 2 days and "may consider" deactivation. May consider? 3 days later (nearly 4 now) my service still active with no internet connection and no emails yet.

I feel like I'm being kept hostage.

If you're an ISP and take down your phone numbers and give sh*t service and customer service, you deserve the abuse you get, no wonder you resort to chat-bots to interact with your customers.

Sounds like my isp before they went fiber optic. 

FangDangFoo
18 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Women, they want to tell you their problems. And men, we like to fix problems. But a woman doesn't tell you her problems because she wants you to fix the problem. Nope. That's not what she wants. She wants someone to listen to her problems and being empathetic and "awww." And I know I'm making sweeping generalizations here but that's my experience of it. Men are very much solution-orientated in this kind of scenario. And if someone shares some sort of problem or vulnerability, the first thing that comes to my mind is "how can I fix this." Not "how can I be caring or comforting." That's not the go-to reaction from me. It's something I must learn. It doesn't feel natural at all to me. 

There are exceptions to this, of course. But I find mostly, in that scenario, she is looking for emotional support, not a fix. It's frustrating at times, lol :D 

Oh you sexist pig you 🤑

On a similar note😮

Little princesses who think they own the world and everyone in it. Just because you've managed to wrap your partner around your little finger and turned them into a doormat does not guarantee that your apparently magical vagina will work its powers on the rest of mankind you spoilt brat. I will take you down bit*h.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1
thisisdagger

I hate a certain selection of traffic lights in my city. Namely those that are just placed there to be a hindrance and keep people from certain roads. The red phase on those is absolutely atrocious

JON22

When your bulb goes but you keep forgetting and try putting the light on anyway. Done about 5 or 6 times within the last 2 hours.

@Uncle-John I'm a cleaner and I clean an office for allegedly grown people who police the railway. Allegedly because some don't flush, or spit chewing gum into the urinal. Some don't even wash their hands.

Cameron Star

When you have a small bit of a song in your head but you can't remember what it is from.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
FangDangFoo

Changing Anti-Virus providers and the old provider just does not want to let go. Starts feeling like they're the threat.

FangDangFoo
15 hours ago, Cameron Star said:

When someone owes you money.

Yeah.

tenor.gif

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Unnecesary female nudity or sex-scenes in movies.

Don't get me wrong, I like nudity and sex-scenes where appropriate and in context (mainly pr0n) but getting an actor to get her tits out for the sake of it seems disrespectful and nothing more than cheap titilation (yes, I know). If more male actors started getting their junk out to even things up a bit I wouldn't have a problem with it, it's just too one-sided.

• Like 1
mr quick
On 4/22/2020 at 10:07 PM, Mister Pink said:

this kind of attitude is a bit of a peeve of mine, not going to lie

• Like 1
Mister Pink
1 hour ago, mr quick said:

this kind of attitude is a bit of a peeve of mine, not going to lie

What kind of attitude? The self-aware attitude where I said "I know I'm making sweeping generalizations?" Or the attitude where I said "that's not the go-to reaction from me" (being a shoulder and a listener) and it's "something I must learn."

I think I was being reflective, and thoughtful and that I should consider more her needs, and that she might just want a listener, instead of advice. But here's the catch, sometimes it is advice and I'm thanked after. That's a frustration "at times."

Have you never experienced anyone, ever telling you a problem and the first reaction you had was how to fix it, instead of being a comforter and caregiver?  I wasn't suggesting I can't be a comforter or a caregiver or a listener, but that in my experience I have noticed my other halfs talk to me about (for example) a problem person in work, and sometimes the reaction is to give advice when really they are just looking for a listener.  And I something I want to work on. And perhaps I could have made the post more obviously more tongue-in-cheek when it came to generalizing.  Or I could have changed "men" to "I'm very solution-orientated when in this kind of scenario."

Perhaps I I upset you (upset in the mildest form of the meaning) because I suggested that the male and female brain might be different - that kind of falls under "sweeping generalisations." and "in my experience." Don't bother saying it's a pet-peeve if you aren't going explain why. I'm being open and honest about something, a self-confessed place for improvement in my character,  and if you are going to react you can have some gumption to explain. Fair enough, you have every right to disagree with me and I commend you for speaking up, but you can do better than limping-in with that half-concocted response. 😘

mr quick

Well, you seem to have answered your own question, and I did appreciate your self-reflection... It was indeed the idea that men do this and women do this. This kind of thing really is about the individual, although I don't doubt there's a statistical inclination, if one were to somehow quantify it...

The reason it bothers me is because it sort of becomes true as we continue to accept it as a truth. I have 3 sisters, but grew up in a very conservative area and my household is generally socially conservative, meaning that all of my life I have been told that I don't have the capacity for any sort of emotional maturity or depth, which just is not true. A lot of my mates from the area have been more accepting of this, which can make heartfelt emotional interaction frustrating, but ultimately rewarding, as you see that they too have just been "told" that male friends don't say "I love you" or "you hurt my feelings".

What I'm getting at is that we have the capacity, but have been culturally conditioned into not tapping into that. Which is why I'd rather try and avoid "Men are" and "women are" statements.

Ironically, the only person I know who has the "fix it" attitude is a woman, and it's really irritating, even if she means well. I can only speak for me personally, but I don't particularly seek comforting either, it's mostly just about feeling like someone sees and hears me. 

• Like 1
Mister Pink
3 hours ago, mr quick said:

ell, you seem to have answered your own question, and I did appreciate your self-reflection... It was indeed the idea that men do this and women do this. This kind of thing really is about the individual, although I don't doubt there's a statistical inclination, if one were to somehow quantify it...

The reason it bothers me is because it sort of becomes true as we continue to accept it as a truth. I have 3 sisters, but grew up in a very conservative area and my household is generally socially conservative, meaning that all of my life I have been told that I don't have the capacity for any sort of emotional maturity or depth, which just is not true. A lot of my mates from the area have been more accepting of this, which can make heartfelt emotional interaction frustrating, but ultimately rewarding, as you see that they too have just been "told" that male friends don't say "I love you" or "you hurt my feelings".

What I'm getting at is that we have the capacity, but have been culturally conditioned into not tapping into that. Which is why I'd rather try and avoid "Men are" and "women are" statements.

Ironically, the only person I know who has the "fix it" attitude is a woman, and it's really irritating, even if she means well. I can only speak for me personally, but I don't particularly seek comforting either, it's mostly just about feeling like someone sees and hears me. 

I hear what you are saying. Yeah I was writing originally, in bad mood, so not in a logical frame of mind! Shouldn't really post when I'm emotional. 

I appreciate what you are saying. There are stereotypes and societal pressures for gender conformity which aren't very helpful at time.  I realise my comment was blunt and as I said making off the cuff generalisations.

Thanks for sharing your insight, I respect it a lot. 

The Time Ranger

Grammar and spelling Nazi's online, there could be a well written and interesting post or comment, and somebody will find the one mistake and have to comment that it's actually *There not Their. I don't know, it just comes across as petty, like you know what they were trying to say, you're not adding anything to the conversation, you're just being pedantic. 

Also pronunciation police, there's a YouTuber I like, he does Skyrim videos, occasionally he'll pronounce a fantasy name or place wrong, but the amount of anal comments bitching about it, come on it's free entertainment, no need to be so fussy.

• Like 1
Raj The Rager
6 hours ago, The Time Ranger said:

Grammar and spelling Nazi's online, there could be a well written and interesting post or comment, and somebody will find the one mistake and have to comment that it's actually *There not Their. I don't know, it just comes across as petty, like you know what they were trying to say, you're not adding anything to the conversation, you're just being pedantic. 

Also pronunciation police, there's a YouTuber I like, he does Skyrim videos, occasionally he'll pronounce a fantasy name or place wrong, but the amount of anal comments bitching about it, come on it's free entertainment, no need to be so fussy.

People often correct grammar when they're losing online arguments.

• Like 1
Uncle-John

being called delusional and my magical powers aren't real! one day my psychic and telepathic powers will become strong enough after years of study of Pagan and Occult literature muhahahaha, alright its a joke but I hate being called Delusional by my friends, my family and even therapists and doctors say im delusional and diagnosed me with Schizophrenia after years of having to put up with me even though I rarely hear voices but when I do its like a gateway to the other realm where I can hear the screams of the dead, most of the time its magical thinking interpreted as voices but damn I hate being called delusional and out of touch with reality for trying to unlock awesome god like powers rather than study for my GCSE's which wouldn't matter as I would have super powers because im the chosen one by God and his Angels but Satan also tried to posses me aswell so yeah, im Delusional but being told im delusional isn't nice considering i'v put in so much effort into something that isn't real so of course im going to be ignoring you and pursue what is my destiny as the chosen one by God and everyone thinks im delusional. yes I know im Delusional but what if I aint? im just an eccentric with odd beliefs, magical thinking, paranioa, social anxiety and ideas of references with a flat affect, that's what the medication has reduced me to anyway. damn, im just proving to everyone with this post that im delusional but I hope this is educational letting  you in to my madness.