Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Pet Peeves Thread


tymaster50
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gnocchi Flip Flops

    265

  • mr quick

    199

  • Cameron Star

    125

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People who don't use to and too correctly, and don't know the difference between your and you're.   Hell, throw in the "their,they're, and there".   I tend to read posts word for word so I pick u

Pubes on the bar of soap.

I apologise.

Recommended Posts

Guest Billy Russo
16 minutes ago, trip said:

That fact that there is now something in this world called a "youtuber".

 

 

Well I do have another word for them, although it isn't exactly PG rated

 

giphy.gif

 

cunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, what about tech youtubers, such as LTT, Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, Science Studio, Bitwit, etc, who actually provide a meaningful service. It can be a job when you have to review products. Doing research, compiling data, writing scripts, editing audio and video, and posting videos with quality that can rival "actual tv shows" all on a daily basis, is all "actual" work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FearThoseWhoFearHim said:

@trip must be referring to "influencers".

I hate that word more than "youtuber." At least a lot of youtubers make something enjoyable to watch. Social media influencers just post vanity pictures of themselves on Instagram.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FearThoseWhoFearHim said:

@trip must be referring to "influencers".

 

52 minutes ago, Cameron Star said:

I hate that word more than "youtuber." At least a lot of youtubers make something enjoyable to watch. Social media influencers just post vanity pictures of themselves on Instagram.

Oh jeez dont even get me started.

 

 

 

 

 

*it is kind of scary.  I recently attended a seminar on Gen Z entering the workforce.  Over 70% of gen z feel they don't need to go to college.  They think they can have these new alternate careers like influencers, youtubers, social conscious entrepreneurs.  It gets worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo
11 minutes ago, trip said:

 

Oh jeez dont even get me started.

 

 

 

 

 

*it is kind of scary.  I recently attended a seminar on Gen Z entering the workforce.  Over 70% of gen z feel they don't need to go to college.  They think they can have these new alternate careers like influencers, youtubers, social conscious entrepreneurs.  It gets worse.

Yeah, this is scary. A lot of the younger generation has this warped mindset that they can make it on sites like Twitch & YouTube. The truth is those websites are highly oversaturated now. It's very hard to make it. You have to basically hit the lottery & have a great personality as well, or find something really unique that makes you stand out from millions of other people. Most people don't stand a chance, it's not an easy 'get rich' job, it's almost impossible to be sustainable off it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^

I dont like to get old man cranky about it but...

 

Back in the day as a kid you might dream of being a sports star or a rock and roll super star.  It was easy to learn early on if you had the skills to fit.  So you knew early on you weren't going to be a sports star or rock star...and so you did what you needed to prepare for a long life of paying bills and surviving.   

 

The fact that young kids think they are building a "brand" of themself is f*cked up.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo
3 minutes ago, trip said:

^

I dont like to get old man cranky about it but...

 

Back in the day as a kid you might dream of being a sports star or a rock and roll super star.  It was easy to learn early on if you had the skills to fit.  So you knew early on you weren't going to be a sports star or rock star...and so you did what you needed to prepare for a long life of paying bills and surviving.   

 

The fact that young kids think they are building a "brand" of themself is f*cked up.

 

 

I'll be honest, I tried streaming once. It only took me one or two stream attempts to realize it wasn't for me, and I just wasn't cut out for it. A lot of people delude themselves in to thinking they are any different from the thousands of other people all trying the same thing. Plus the fact you really do need all the right equipment and everything for it, and there's no guarantee it'll ever be worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, trip said:

*it is kind of scary.  I recently attended a seminar on Gen Z entering the workforce.  Over 70% of gen z feel they don't need to go to college.  They think they can have these new alternate careers like influencers, youtubers, social conscious entrepreneurs.  It gets worse.

I assume that's an American problem, not a generally Western.

 

I'm of Gen Z (1999) myself, and of everyone around my age I know and have discussed careers, education and ambitions with, they have all decided to attend college or a vocational education (if they haven't already by skipping high school) and establish a career from there.

 

Of course, every middle school kid (even in my day) are confident that they can become a gaming or music icon, so they can justify skipping high school after graduating 9th grade, but that's really just 12 year-olds already either scared or bored of the idea of attending school another 6 years.

 

For the 70% of (I assume American) Gen Z, they are simply picturing the dream, fantasizing about a career that only requires their personality and skills of content creation (rather than attending school), and they are at that time so confident at proving succesful of their dream, that they will actually claim that statement in a survey regarding their future career.

 

Eventually, age, maturity and reality will catch up with them and they will realize the importance of further education and what impact it will have on their lives.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate those days where you can't sit down for more than two minutes before you have to get up again for something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When people don't spell out the whole word in text messages. It drives me up the wall to see "u" or "2b" or 4. Its like really, you're too lazy to type "you" or "to be" or "for"? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, paperbagdude said:

I assume that's an American problem, not a generally Western.

 

I'm of Gen Z (1999) myself, and of everyone around my age I know and have discussed careers, education and ambitions with, they have all decided to attend college or a vocational education[...]

I agree.  I bet it is a US thing.  That makes it a much larger and different conversation.

 

 

On 10/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, paperbagdude said:

Eventually, age, maturity and reality will catch up with them and they will realize the importance of further education and what impact it will have on their lives.

 

Smart statement.

Edited by trip
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo

The fact my job is just a tad too far out of walking distance. I can walk back home, but unless I set off super early (and groggy 😂) I'd not be able to make it in time. I've started to appreciate walking to places so much more lately, so much more stress free than taking a bus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When an potential employer says they'll get back to you but they're full of cat scat and won't even return your call or messages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo

How f*cked up Amazon's pricing is. Because they allow third party sellers the site becomes a mess with ridiculously overpriced items showing up. I feel for the poor bastards that don't know any better, and get duped in to paying more for what something is worth.

 

For such a big online seller, you'd think they would pay more attention to how their site looks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Youtube's future worries me. The "commercially viable" part of the new TOS, and the new regulations on child-friendly content feel like they're purposefully vague, as if they want channels to be unable to follow the rules and get terminated without further warnings. Also the so-called guidelines for what constitutes "made for kids" content only consist of non-answers and legal threats.

Edited by Carbonox
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo

Having to download all my PS4 games again on a new system. I'll probably get around to playing a game by tomorrow. I was going to install GTA V again, and well, yeah.. I can wait a little bit.

Edited by Billy Russo
Link to post
Share on other sites

People who can't park properly. How hard is it to park some little piece of crap car more or less centered and straight in an 8 and a half foot wide space. I'm not even gonna comment on people who buy a truck but can't park them, other than don't buy something you can't drive. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

People who can't park properly. How hard is it to park some little piece of crap car more or less centered and straight in an 8 and a half foot wide space. I'm not even gonna comment on people who buy a truck but can't park them, other than don't buy something you can't drive. 

I would say when they reverse quickly without looking the f*cking mirror if someone is walking behind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Billy Russo
On 10/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, spectre07 said:

When people stare at you many times... very uncomfortable.

Had an old lady that kept staring at me on the bus today. Wasn't sure where to look, so I just pretended to be really interested in my phone (which is never interesting).

 

Edited by Billy Russo
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Had an old lady that kept staring at me on the bus today. Wasn't sure where to look, so I just pretended to be really interested in my phone (which is never interesting).

 

 

 

It could be worse..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.