Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,864 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

tymaster50

The Pet Peeves Thread

TheMcSame

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

Say what you want, there's a reason the Norwegian CJS is one of the most effective in the world. Humane treatment isn't pampering.

It's also worth keeping in mind that this "pampering" works... A 2014 study found that Norway's rate of recidivism was just 20%, compared to the UK's 46% and the US' 52%.

What you're effectively saying is 'throw away all that tax money which could be spent elsewhere (I.E. healthcare) instead of treating people in a humane manor'.

mr quick

^damn ninja / i type too slow

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

I agree. I f*cking hate how Norway's "treat criminals like humans" system is. The sh*t doesn't even work! Just compare the recidiv-

KswUxfK.png

Bie3ss8.png

D'oh!

Edited by Marwin

sreyazsec

E - Okay sorry I got annoyed again, didn't mean to irritate anyone.

Buckminster, I did read your post. You directly compared gay people to paedophiles. There is no connection between the two. At all.

Edited by ceszayers

mr quick

You can be annoyed all you want(and post about it too), we're just challenging your opinion. There's no hostility.

sreyazsec

Oh no, I know there's no hostility. I remove my posts when I've argued because I get annoyed and make myself sound like a twat, so it's easier to just keep my mouth shut.

I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed (in my case it's mainly down to being stubborn), plus I don't like arguing with the decent people on here.

The Deadite

...I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed...

That's why i only limit myself to dish out insults.

Daz

The worst thing I have noticed that happens almost 99% of the time.

Is when people writing letters or official documents and they never put their god damn motherf*cking first name.

You wouldn't believe how much of a pain in the f*cking ass it is when some c*nt emails you or writes to your workplace and it takes a f*cking ice age just to find the c*nt on the system because it's too f*cking god damn difficult to give a first name to f*cking search.

It makes me want to strangle people so hard.

Give us your details so I don't end up putting it on the other f*cking billion "Mr A. Smith"s record you f*cking lazy piece of sh*t.

f*ck them. I hope they all get aids and die bleeding in a hole.

Queen

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

Tonguegirl

Till assistants not making eye-contact with me when I'm trying to buy something and people who have just been served exiting the shop THROUGH the queue instead of going out the designated way. Dimwits.

mr quick

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

To be honest, I like it when that happens because it means that the bridge should have been burned long ago.

Gay Tony

Yea it's too bad everyone just can't see how enlightened you are and don't think the exact same way you do.

mr quick

obviously that was my point, not the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible because I care a great deal about that type of thing

grats fam you got it right

i was only v i r t u e s i g n a l l i n g

RedDagger

v i r t u e s i g n a l l i n g

(((v i r t u e $ i g n a l l i n g)))

go big or go home

Queen

I certainly wouldn't let politics get in the way of friendship. Though sometimes it can be tough. One of my friends is super liberal, and frankly, I'm more 'moderate conservative'. I always keep my mouth shut when she praises Hillary Clinton. :lol:

But hey, who gives a sh*t. If you let it get in the way, then you've got problems. Keep an open mind. It's good to hear the other side because it will help you formulate a more informed (and hopefully less biased) opinion.

JosephStalin

Having my name turned to TRUCKING yokel. :lol::cry::/

Edited by TruckingYokel

The Deadite

I'm guessing your name is against the rules. You know, AD sense and google stuff.

You sound like a redneck now.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

JosephStalin

I'm guessing your name is against the rules. You know, AD sense and google stuff.

Yes. It's my bad I ignorantly assumed a site dedicated to a video game which is centred around murdering people wouldn't have a problem with a naughty word.

Static

When people try to use the "it's a gta site" scapegoat for their sh*t username, sh*ttier opinions, and even sh*ttier posts.

Gay Tony

the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible

Yea, this sounds more like it.

because I care a great deal about that type of thing

lol

Edited by Gay Tony

mr quick

I certainly wouldn't let politics get in the way of friendship. Though sometimes it can be tough. One of my friends is super liberal, and frankly, I'm more 'moderate conservative'. I always keep my mouth shut when she praises Hillary Clinton. :lol:

But hey, who gives a sh*t. If you let it get in the way, then you've got problems. Keep an open mind. It's good to hear the other side because it will help you formulate a more informed (and hopefully less biased) opinion.

I keep an open mind, but not about closed ones.

also, I don't need to listen to the other side anymore after they preached about a "sneaking islamization" and is basically a bad parody of itself at this point. I know what it's about and I don't need "friends" telling me about it.

hah actually yeh there was an article yesterday where a chapter of the most conservative party in norway were chillin' in spain and literally said that norwegians don't have to integrate in spain, "it's only natural to associate with those similar to you" except of course when it's brown people

the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible

Yea, this sounds more like it.

because I care a great deal about that type of thing

lol

what is this meager attempt at an insult? can you please explain it?

Edited by Marwin

make total destroy

v i r t u e s i g n a l l i n g

(((v i r t u e $ i g n a l l i n g)))

I love my gang tbh

sreyazsec

My biggest pet peeve right now is the ongoing cultural appropriation arguments.

Here's a new one, apparently wearing a wig is cultural appropriation now. This was something that was said on a photo of a woman in a wig and the commenter was 100% serious and of course, she had people backing her up and supporting her pathetic argument.

It's idiots like that who would welcome segregation. Absolute c*nt.

I hope this fad of telling everyone they're appropriating someone's f*cking culture ends soon.

Edited by ceszayers

Gay Tony

Your actions as of late do not line up with what you're saying. The only thing that has is what you said earlier about you burning bridges because of your politics making friendships impossible which would be more correct.

@Ces Yea I see what you're saying. To me cultural appropriation sounds a bit like another version of "separate but equal" because you're limiting people and groups from ideas because it "belongs to that group." Like you can't eat spaghetti because its for the people of Italy.

It's places like tumblr where these ideas are created and reinforced.

make total destroy

Do you genuinely believe the idea of 'cultural appropriation' began on tumblr?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

When you're really concerned about something and want some answers and people think it's funny to be a smartass.

mr quick

Your actions as of late do not line up with what you're saying. The only thing that has is what you said earlier about you burning bridges because of your politics making friendships impossible which would be more correct.

lmao so you're contesting the fact that I care about things? gg fam at least you tried

e: out of curiousity please elaborate on my "actions as of late" and how they fail to line up with my claims of caring about say, social justice

Edited by Marwin

Gay Tony

Where are you pulling the whole "caring about social justice" out of, your ass?

What you don't care a great deal about is making sure relationships are kept even if you disagree on things politically & socially. What you said at first about burning bridges because of different beliefs is totally what you did when you couldn't handle other people disagreeing with you (burning bridges of an entire group may I add, for the beliefs of a few).

Do you genuinely believe the idea of 'cultural appropriation' began on tumblr?

It's certainly one of the places where the idea is pretty prominent and introduces people to the concept.

mr quick

this is kind of awkward i'm beginning to suspect you don't know what "social justice" means and correct I don't care about making sure relationships are kept, hence why I said it lmao

e: oops accidentally didn't read your whole post let me quote

Where are you pulling the whole "caring about social justice" out of, your ass?

What you don't care a great deal about is making sure relationships are kept even if you disagree on things politically & socially. What you said at first about burning bridges because of different beliefs is totally what you did when you couldn't handle other people disagreeing with you (burning bridges of an entire group may I add, for the beliefs of a few).

again, my point was that I don't care about maintaining relationships so idk why you're trying to like, "get" me or some sh*t

and since you're airing it let me explain:

I left a group of people after a prominent member repeatedly referred to trans people using slurs and colorful hate speech, and y'all didn't seem to care. By y'all I mean you in particular. As a member of the LGBT community, you should be ashamed of yourself not only for standing idly by, but for seeming to agree with the sh*t being spewed from a certain person's mouth.

Edited by Marwin

Kirsty

and since you're airing it let me explain:

I left a group of people after a prominent member repeatedly referred to trans people using slurs and colorful hate speech, and y'all didn't seem to care. By y'all I mean you in particular. As a member of the LGBT community, you should be ashamed of yourself not only for standing idly by, but for seeming to agree with the sh*t being spewed from a certain person's mouth.

Isn't it a little unfair for a straight person to suggest a gay person is a disgrace to their own community when the opinions of said prominent member are nothing to do with them? Are you now only a successful gay person if you actively challenge everybody on their opinions? Is storming out of an Internet gang the best way to protest? Please advise me senpai, I do not want to shame my community any longer.

;)

This little barney has got a bit personal so it could probably be taken to PM if there's some dirty laundry that needs washing and ironing out.

mr quick

-

Edited by Marwin