Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

tymaster50

The Pet Peeves Thread

Star-Lord

I have a pet-peeve with Windows 10 installing updates almost every other day which takes quite some time to finish. I have a feeling my damn computer is possessed. I could of sworn I turn that bitch off last nite and this morning when I got up...damn thing was online? :blink:

Edited by Star-Lord

Femme Fatale

-The Katie Vick thing getting cancelled, I thought it was hilarious tbh, lol.

-A dumb glitch on the Facebook app where the notification doesn't go away after checking it, and I have to open the app every time to see if it's the same notification, or a different one.

Ying Sama

Besides the classical misuse of "your" and "you're', it's when people don't put my things back where I had 'em. I also despise everything that W10 does.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

What do the terms fag or autistic even mean anymore? Even jokingly, I can't help but cringe at the use of such terms. They both seem to mean stupid, for when teenagers grow tired of using that word it seems. I just get irritated when I think about how a derogatory term for homosexuals and a clinical term for the mentally handicapped both resulted in being a more offensive synonym for stupid. Or these days, it's not even offensive. When around a lot of friends who say fag for whatever reason I sometimes say it myself but have to catch myself and regret it, not gonna lie.

When people get overhyped over the misuse of words like there or your and their variants. While people who consistently misuse these words do have a problem, others often just made a simple mistake. Even those who know how to write or love to write, such as myself. Nobody obsesses too much over other errors but as soon as someone misuses they're or you're, they're an idiot. Period. That's just flat out being nonsensical, ignorant and immature. Seriously.

Verbal Soze

People who drives/rides recklessly in public road

People who always turn on some sh***y dance music loudly in the suburbs/residential area

People who are totally inappropriate in public places, like smoking spitting and cursing in hospital etc

People who keeps revving up their motorbikes when they're starting up their motorbikes

THC

People who dont fully close the door.

Star-Lord

Shoppers at Walmart! I rest my case.

AiraCobra

I though it was common sense not to go to Walmart during the month of December?

Order everything Online during the month of December and the first week of the month stay away from Walmart.....Target is Okay tho

Gnocchi Flip Flops

When you reach out to someone of authority and need help and they know you need help but willingly ignore you or disregard you. Some people just like to sit on their asses and not do sh*t when they know they can't I guess.

AiraCobra

That's when you move on to another person who can help you, Just because one person might ignore you doesn't mean the other person will

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Ivan1997GTA

People leaving food or drinks lying on the ground or in the trash without eating/drinking it all. Now, it doesn't stop anyone from getting some "free food", but this crap happening is starting to tick me off.

Word of advice, people: finish your food/drinks before throwing the packaging away!

trip

Beer variety packs. You know...those 12 packs they sell this time of year.

I have one from Dogfish Head(local, one state over) and one from Victory(local - like 30 minute drive local).

I can only ever do 9 from each because there is always one variety in there with "added spice" or something that shouldn't be part of beer.

sreyazsec

Not being able to go to the doctor because their answer for everything is 'well you're young so'.

AiraCobra

Not being able to go to the doctor because their answer for everything is 'well you're young so'.

You just need to find a doctor who actually cares about his patients and likes what they do...

It took me a while to find an actual pain management doctor who believed that I was really in pain and actually tried to treat it instead of just throwing a prescription at me and say see you in a month.

My doctor is amazing, She is very sweet and attentive, She actually spends more then 5 minutes with you if you are having issues or need to try and work something out she's there for you and If you call the office or any reason she actually calls you back instead of a nurse.

I don't know about in the UK but in the U,S there are website that rate doctors maybe try and find one and find a doctor with a good rating

Personal

"Out Of Stock".

It's heart breaking.

Shaundi.

My absolute pet peeve rn is Spotify on PS4. Absolute waste of space but also useful when it works properly half the time.

The piece of sh*t app plays music and all of a sudden the audio stops despite the song continuing when seen in the quick menu.

trip

This! It's new(like the past few years). What does one gain? What's the point?

wipersjpg-efa9d8b902b466be.jpg

mr quick

if it's above freezing, i guess water can "bunch up" and seize the blades.

...not that i've ever had that issue, even in -20c weather.

Neon_Dreaming

No imgur, I don't want your app, stop asking. Also how is pintrest still going, it looks good but the forced sign up put's me off.

Homemade Dynamite

When people going on fantastic journeys complain on Facebook about how their flight was delayed or how they got scammed and act like it's a big deal. Is that supposed to make me feel sorry for them? When they're going on some incredible journey places like Europe or whatever and having the time of their lives, it's impossible for me to sympathize with them complaining about things that basically sh*ts on everyone else unable to do awesome stuff because of money. If I actually got to go on an awesome trip, I wouldn't complain about a flight delay because I know the others wouldn't want to hear it. Nor would I be dumb enough to let myself get scammed in the first place.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

When hypochondria is used as an excuse and really means "I don't know what you're experiencing so it must be your imagination" it's just sickening. Almost like a form of gaslighting. Hypochrondria is a real problem, yes, but not everybody claiming to have issues to no avail after tests and checks is making it up out of anxiety or attention seeking.

I was diagnosed with migraines in mid-2016 after I experienced literally unbearable pressure in my head and around my eyes. This led to visual symptoms that have stayed with me. The sinus pressure issue and headaches subsided but then I got sharp pains in my eyes and temples for weeks afterwards. All of this subsided. The eye problems didn't. Used to perfect vision, I was and still am left with visual snow and afterimages and night blindness and etc. I have to wear sunglasses in daylight no matter what because it's literally painful not to. I don't even worry about it anymore. What I do worry about is how my central vision has problems in lowlight. Understanding the way the retina works, I know that the central vision is responsible for color and worse in the dark while the peripheral is more light sensitive. However, I'm not sure it's normal for you to sit in a dim lit room and have a dark greyish empty oval spot in the center of your vision of both eyes that is always there. I'm not imagining it, it hinders my vision in light that I could very well see in prior to my random migraine issues.

Concerned when I first noticed this in 2016, I got tests and scans and second opinions. All said I was fine. I took the advice and moved on with my life. College, hobbies, etc. It's now 2018 and nothing has changed. The central vision problem has mildly gotten worse. I'm not easy to panick but I am observant.

I go to Reddit and detail my full experience. Because I'm so descriptive about everything and because I got multiple opinions and because nobody knows what it is, I'm a nut. I am imagining it. I'm obsessed. I'm a hypochondriac. There is nothing wrong with me.

It's disgusting. I truly have nowhere to talk about this stuff and nothing to go off of. I guess I just better move on as I was before but I can't help but get curious about what's wrong with my eyes from time to time. It's not normal.

It just feels so wrong. The very definition of a hypochondriac basically describes my experience despite the fact that I am not full of anxiety and just know that something isn't right. I don't sit and worry or go bug doctors 247 but I know something is wrong. I've just accepted it as some kind of permanent result of whatever happened when I got those painful headaches in 2016 but whatever it exactly is is unknown. And if I try to seek the cause for, I dunno comfort, I'm labeled as a hypochondriac. I feel fine when detailing my experience. But to get called a hypochondriac makes me feel insane. It's gaslighting and it's really understated how badly that can affect someone. It's like a sucking feeling, you feel crazy.

Edited by Scaglietti

trip

Articles of clothing that should(always) have pockets but for some unknown reason don't.

Every so many years I find this super comfortable, super warm, fleece type of thing and think "why is this so tucked away?".

It has no pockets...it's usless.

mVe5SrW.jpg

Edited by trip

Neon_Dreaming

I agree, if i'm going to buy a jacket it has to have pockets, preferably zipped, they're needed to carry stuff, wallet, keys etc.

Constant K

and to put your hands in

mr quick

who has a wallet in 2018? tbh

make total destroy

i walk around with thousands of dollars fused to my leg with packing tape

Rafae

f*cking fog

Can't see sh*t around here when I'm driving

RedDagger

who has a wallet in 2018? tbh

who doesn't have a bitcoin wallet in 2018?

make total destroy

this is good for bitcoin

John Smith

Males, especially adult males, who wear skinny jeans. You can shove individual taste up your arse, why don't these motherf*ckers realise how f*cking stupid they look? Makes me sick.