LG G2

FranklinDeRoosevelt

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Anyone have it? Doesn't matter if you're in UK or US, whats your verdict? I'm planning to get it in October with a contract Looks like a fricking beast and a very underrated phone which eats most of the competition alive and has a cheaper price tag which came out last year.

2d2q1k.jpg

I love it. Heavy usage with the phone makes it over heat though. I've had it since December. I have no other issues other than that over heating issue, but it usually stops when you reboot the device. If you care about the camera, I'll post a few pics in this post.

http://i.imgur.com/z7S7Un0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xa5ZWhz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JFiCctk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FO06awf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4DwRnSq.jpg

VWSTp.png

Really like them, but given the price I'd struggle not to still save some money and get a Nexus 5 given they're exactly the same underneath.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I have one. Got it earlier this year and I love it! Brilliant phone, no complaints.

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Cheers guys. Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this topic already :lol:

Anyway, Sivi, I'm not bothering with the Nexus because I like the design of the G2 better, it has thin ass bezels which is what I'm looking for plus the camera/battery life are much better. But Nexus 5 is very good I admit though.

The only thing that pisses me off is that you can't really replace the battery in a quick and simple way like the galaxy phones, I've seen some videos on how you can actually do it and it looks impossible for an average joe like me. Plus you cannot insert any Micro SD cards in it as well. Otherwise I seriously want this phone.

My second option is a Samsung Galaxy S4 purely because I will be able to get a bigger battery later on, and can use my SD card, but the phone is quite slower compared to the G2 and has a worse GPU. On top of that, the camera is slightly worse since it doesn't have OIS like the G2 has. But considering the phone I currently have, a Galaxy ace (LOL) it'll be a massive upgrade for either but it seems the S4 is going for ridiculous prices especially on contract.

Oh and I found the cheapest contract deal for the G2 through uswitch on a different website. The network is EE and the deal is

£13.99 a month with £119.99 up front cost which comes with 500 mins, unlimited texts and 500 mb of data. The galaxy S4 is also there but is more expensive, so no way would I want to go for that. But I want to know if some of you guys are managing without a Micro SD slot and unremovable battery. And lastly, what colour should I go for? Black or white? The deal I found only allows you to get Black colour lol.

And I've heard that the kitkat update has messed up the battery life a bit? Is this true? I also heard it's supposed to improve it somehow. The only thing I know is opening up apps is 17% faster. And also, has it got the 4.4.4 update? I'm only seeing 4.4.2.

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

2d2q1k.jpg

Personally, I don't download a lot of stuff so I don't mind not having a SD card. The only things I would store on it would be photos, but I currently have well over 100 photos I took and there's still about 10GB available space on my phone. More than enough for me to be honest, but the absence of a SD card slot seems to be the biggest gripe people have with the phone (that and the location of the on/off button, which I admit is a bit awkward).

I also don't mind not being able to remove the battery, because I very rarely did that with my previous phones.

I have a white G2, even though I wanted a black one. They only had white ones in stock at the time, but I'm not complaining. White still looks extremely sexy ;)

And update 4.4.4 is not available for the G2 at this stage.

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Thanks for the update. Yeah, at least you've reassured me on the storage space, my SD card is useless anyway as it's only 1 GB. Plus the RAM on my phone is the worst. But why is it that LG are not updating it to the absolute latest software?

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

2d2q1k.jpg

It will (or at least should) get the latest updates fairly soon. I think a lot of it is carrier-dependent these days though.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Flūttershy

I'd suggest getting the phone unlocked, which is much cheaper in the long run. You can probably get a new LG G2 on eBay for the same price as a Nexus 5

God if I have to die you will have to die