GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Radio permanently turned off?

StormerBoy

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the radio permanently turned off?

• Yes, it's always off
    • Sometimes
    • No, it's always on
  2. 2. Do you dislike the music played during missions etc?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Do you have the radio permanently turned off?

Am I the only one who has permanently turned off the radio via the settings page? Not just because it's the same songs over and over, not just because I find it 'too much' with all the action going on, but also because I F*UCKING hate that background music you get during missions.

OwensRacing

Wish there was a quick volume level option for the radio. Sometimes I enjoy it and certain songs I'd like to crank up. Some I can live with out.

I have mine set at a volume that isn't annoying and doesn't over power the other ambient sounds of the game.

MetalThrasherXtreme

You mean the annoying ass, overly dramatic music played during missions and whenever you have a wanted level above 3 stars or whatever?

Yeah, that sh*t's annoying as f*ck. I really don't get what they were intending with it, it serves literally no purpose.

LightningLord

Nah, I have it on. Having the police constantly say:

- "Die mother f**ker!"

- "I'm gonna kill you!"

- "Killing makes my d**k hard!"

It gets irritating. At least I have something to listen to. Some of the score music (background music) I really like. So it helps to drone out stuff like that. Oh and the constant police sirens. Kind of even everything out.

IcOqQpq.gif

I originally turned mine off to not have to change my station like crazy. Then I found the sweet silence of missions and never looked back. If I'm in freeroam cruising I'll occasionally turn it on now and then

Not to sound like a whiner, but am I the only one disappointed with the music choice in this game? I've always loved listening to the radio in the past GTA but I find myself turning off the radio in this installment almost every time I get in a car.

• Like 3

zdj9bqf.png

NV75rfv.png

Biohazard Abyss

The music that plays during missions can be really friggin' awesome sometimes, especially in newer missions like Hit Em' Up. They really get you in the mood.

klZZFxG.png

YA BOY DIRT

Radio's always on for me, and during missions I usually have it off so I can hear dialogue, but I'll usually turn it back on if I have to do a long drive.

Not to sound like a whiner, but am I the only one disappointed with the music choice in this game? I've always loved listening to the radio in the past GTA but I find myself turning off the radio in this installment almost every time I get in a car.

You're not the only one and you damn well know you're not the only one. =P But I love most of the stations in the game. Channel X disappointed the f*ck outta me though, I was expecting better punk/metal than what they had. I liked maybe two songs total. What really irked me was that of all the Suicidal Tendencies songs they could have used, they put one of their lamest...Subliminal just suuuuuucks.

Edited by DirtSPP

Supreme Gentlemen

I usually play GTA while listening to a podcast online.

tacmike-2520.png

NightProwler

I keep that sh*t turned off. Usually,I turn on my stereo and either listen to a cd or put on my radio station(s).

By far this is the worst soundtrack out of the whole GTA series.

I mostly always turn the radio off whenever I get in a car unless it's playing Ali Bomaye, Chicago or any of the trailer songs.

I don't hate the music played during missions, but that's mostly because I don't pay attention to it as much as I used to, they're okay.

948185.png

mmm chocolate

Got tired of the music in the game. Decided to keep the radio on for a bit longer for the ambient sounds, radios playing in other cars etc...

But got sick of turning it off every time i got in a car.

Not to mention they shove the f*cking radio and music in this game down your throat practically. It comes on when youve turned it off in your car more times than is acceptable. Gets annoying.

Now I can live without it. Love just getting in a car and not having to hit two buttons to make it turn 'OFF' ... And sometimes hitting K-Jah, which isnt so bad...but the whole process is like someone else said, 'too much' ....when youre trying to make a dash from the cops or something else that requires attention.

BoJack Cognac

It's funny this thread was brought up, because about 4 weeks ago I noticed the radio didn't work.

After about a week of thinking it was a recent patch bug, I went into settings and found I had turned the radio all the way down while drunk.

So yes - I've had the radio turned off for a month.

Edited by BoJack Cognac

A couple of 'em are okay, and I actually like a lot of what's on the country station (a huge improvement over the country one from SA), but for the most part I've hated the radio in both IV and V. The music, and also the hosts and commercials (and shift in humor to more of a social satire)... not a fan of most of it.

Of course, it could also partly be that IV and V are the first 2 I've played on a console. I miss having the mp3 station with my own music back when I played III, VC, and SA on the PC...

ive turned the music volume to none. wish the f*cking thing would remember the last setting and stay off instead of going to a random channel every time you get in your car, now they got the f*cking headlights randomly turning on by themselves which never used to happen except the first time you got in it. time to start shooting them bitches out i guess since the motherf*cking swtich dont work, sh*theads rockstar, fix this sh*t, quit making it worse!

Idk... I've kinda gotten sick of most of the GTA music. I just play music on my PC and turn the radio off nowadays.

Duality Scarlet

The music that plays during missions can be really friggin' awesome sometimes..

We share the same opinion! I also love the music that plays during gang attacks.

The radio music is getting old, yes, although there are a few songs I like to listen to at certain moments whilst driving.

The ambient soundtrack is good, imo. There are a few songs that I don't really care for, but nothing I hate, so I have no qualms about the score.

AllDay808HI

No. On some days, I just feel like plugging in my iPhone and listening to my music. Other days, I just relax to the music of GTA.

Geisterfaust

That is the reason why I set music volume to zero and listening to my own music with serious quality.

Not enough stuff on the radio both in terms of variety and overall quantity. It got stale fast to the point of being irritating.

I got tired of the ambient mission music long before I got tired of the radio, too. You should have been able to turn off the ambient score without turning off radio.