GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Edge of the map?

StormerBoy

What is supposed to happen when you fly to the edge of the map?

Today I did it for about the second time, it was in a plane. As I got to where I assume is 'as far as I am allowed to go', one of my wings suddenly broke off. I then started swirling around, so I ejected. After that I deployed my parachute, but after about 3 seconds it cut itself off. Then I fell into the sea, where I continued to keep falling endlessly. The ordeal was over when I exited the only way I could, which was into a job invite I had been sent.

Is this the normal pattern of behaviour? What if I had been swimming out there? Or in a boat?

Yes, that is normal behaviour.

Drive a boat out there and it'll break down too.

iz5LICs.gif

spelunking.uranus

Can you just keep swimming after you get in the water? Maybe it's how to get to the levels from other GTA games as Rockstar said they will be putting all the places into one map. Maybe their their already!!!

I will try tonight and let people know where I find :D

Another version is the bottom of the map if your in a sub and you are at about 500 ft under water you will get a message saying to much water pressure if you don't go higher in the water. Then your sub will implode due to hull cracking

Edited by Coreyandy5

Another version is the bottom of the map if your in a sub and you are at about 500 ft under water you will get a message saying to much water pressure if you don't go higher in the water. Then your sub will implode due to hull cracking

Really? That sounds interestng. Does it blow up or does water come rushing in?

Edited by StormerBoy

It starts denting and then after a while it does a mini-explosion in the water.

Really? That sounds interestng. Does it blow up or does water come rushing in?

It's not that exciting. If I remember correctly, you see it slightly crumple then you simply die.

Having emotions is not a weakness, but letting your emotions drive you & your decisions is a weakness.

Can you just keep swimming after you get in the water? Maybe it's how to get to the levels from other GTA games as Rockstar said they will be putting all the places into one map. Maybe their their already!!!

When i went out in a jetski and it broke down and sunk, I died the second I was in the water.

• Like 1

eCU0y.gif

Judicious 7

When i went out in a jetski and it broke down and sunk, I died the second I was in the water.

I know right?!! The first time that ever happened to me, I panicked. I was either in a jetski or I was in a fast boat. I kept going further and further until it sank like *that*. My character went under and I died in a flash. I gotta admit, R* had me scared for a moment. Kinda like in GTA IV they give you a warning about the consequences. We didn't care, so we kept going further and further and--- BOOM! Kinda scary the first time.

Shootinalloveryourface

Kinda reminds me of a plane trying to get to the Lost Island

JohnDoe7125539271

There is no edge, i crossed the boundaries, and there is just ocean... endless ocean!

There is no edge, i crossed the boundaries, and there is just ocean... endless ocean!

I have been flying 30 minutes over sea and ended in an eerie looking sea/sky. It was kinda odd to see. I believe this however is patched now. It worked like this: Use the Cargoplane for 10 minutes and go hyperspeed, shut of engines just before hitting the airwall that makes your wings snap-off and it would just fly on for that amount of time.

I believe the 10 minute hyperspeed thing is fully patched now though.

Edited by Ninja_Gear

For an English guy, your grasp on the use of the language is a joke.

"Maybe they're there already!!!" Not "maybe their their already!!!".....

And show me where Rockstar said "they will be putting all the places into one map".

JohnDoe7125539271

I have been flying 30 minutes over sea and ended in an eerie looking sea/sky. It was kinda odd to see. I believe this however is patched now. It worked like this: Use the Cargoplane for 10 minutes and go hyperspeed, shut of engines just before hitting the airwall that makes your wings snap-off and it would just fly on for that amount of time.

What was different to the normal sky/ocean? I did the 'walk over water' glitch, and let my broken Controller walk a few miles over 'the wall' - haven't found anything special, just water.

Biohazard Abyss

I remember my dumbass friend got into a boat in GTAIV and taped down the right trigger, hoping he would discover something if he went far enough :lol:

klZZFxG.png

Dr.Huge Poop

Rumor has it that the portal to Vice City is a few miles beyond the edge of the map, It has yet to be found.

• Like 2

What was different to the normal sky/ocean? I did the 'walk over water' glitch, and let my broken Controller walk a few miles over 'the wall' - haven't found anything special, just water.

At one point it seemed as if the sky's collor had more impact on the reflection of the water giving it an eerly look. At one point before hitting the water i was wondering if i would find my console freezing or a point where i would just be reset back to SA.

If was hard to tell the differance between the water and the air. Thats how blended the collors were.

I believe i posted a picture once but that was like back in Oktober last year. And this was while flying the Cargoplane at max speed motion, archieved by the 10 minute max speed trick. I have no clue how far i got over the ocean in that 30 minutes to be honest. But it was far. And i did not die while i was in the water, it was just nothing but endlessness surrounding me.

Edited by Ninja_Gear
  • Like 1

It should be like PacMan where you enter the map from opposite where you left...

PerfectBlade

I was about to go to the edge of the map..guess what..a f*cktard killed me with a buzzard.

brooklyn718

What is supposed to happen when you fly to the edge of the map?

Today I did it for about the second time, it was in a plane.

Um, with your posted question, isnt saying "It was in a plane" a bit redundant...lmao

Go head bro, just messing with ya!

668597.gif

brooklyn718

Truth is its the Bermuda Triangle...I found this in the coding.

Bermuda.gif

• Like 3

It should be like PacMan where you enter the map from opposite where you left...

Considering all land vehicles feel like PacMan going though his levels when it comes to cornering, that would make sense.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

RussianCommie

I did this with a Titan once. It was flying and flying and flying eventually hitting the limit of how far you can travel out of the map and the right wing just fell apart like It was nothing. Pointless but still funny :lol: .

5eIYidF.gif

xInfamousRYANx

Remember gta iv

"You are too far from the action turn around or suffer the consequences"

Lol

Biohazard Abyss

Considering all land vehicles feel like PacMan going though his levels when it comes to cornering, that would make sense.

True sh*t :^::lol:

klZZFxG.png

Does anyone else perminently have a white dot about north west off the edge of the map as if there's a player off the map? I've tried reaching it but never can (I just die when I get to the map edge limit).

Edited by Malcot