GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Getting onto GTA online

Vjakeey

So heres the deal when i try to get onto GTA online this thing pops up and says files requried to play GTA online could not be downloaded from the rockstar games service return to GTA V what does this mean kinda scared just got to level 100 please someone tell me ASAP thanks :)

Yes, this is a known issue. As far as I know, there's no specific known cause for it. One of my friends had this issue, and it seemed to be because his Xbox's clock was set to 2018, and after he put the correct time the issue resolved itself. I doubt that the time was actually the issue though, because the system clock has nothing to do with game progress.

If you're still having the problem, try just restarting the console, but you've probably done that already. Take the disc out and clean it with a soft cloth because it may be a hardware issue. I've had errors like this in different games, and despite it seeming that it's a software problem, it was actually because a scratch or dirt on the disc was preventing it from reading properly. Anyway, this really is a problem that seems to fix itself, but it hasn't yet I'm sorry. There's no known fix yet because it's a recent problem.

LTHpH7H.png

Thanks for the help mate jus got online working couple minutes ago thanks anyways

i was stuck in the garage animation i restart a clean disk but nothing happend

henryborked

I just keep retrying and eventually it connects... 10 Tries at most.

Edited by henryborked

maybeanotherone

when that happens try a different type session, if trying to go public go to invite only first and vice versa.

it happens to prevent sp2mp old glitches but it can happen on it's own if you didn't disconnected properly either by your own fault or a cloud error.

Edited by maybeanotherone