GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

'Straight line' user created races shouldn't be allowed lo

KimberJane

It's ridiculous how rubbish some randoms are at racing on this game. I dunno if they have become lazy at just playing all these straight line races or the races on the freeway where the road guides them, but it's really mental how some people who I see racing never follow the chevrons directions at each checkpoint but proceed to either crash or go completely off course at a turn in the road or track.

I've been seeing this a lot over the past couple of weeks when testing some creations where the checkpoints clearly show a direction change (nothing major as they're all 'noob' friendly), but with some people that are racing the advanced warning of a direction change whether it be via the mini map or the checkpoint it just doesn't register with them.

It's frustrating too because when they fail and crash they struggle to make near the top of the standings so just vote dislike when there's no way the tracks deserve that.

I think you're giving the average person who races, or rather plays this game in general too much credit. Treat your average as a moron who doesn't know their ass from their elbow, things make a lot more sense that way.

justinlynch3

There is plenty of people that enjoy straight line (aka Drag) racing. If you don't, don't play the track.

I myself am mostly up for anything long as it isn't a GTA race or flying Lazer's.

• Like 6

Or when you're approaching a turn and as you're slowing down to make it, the idiot behind you slams into you full speed, using you as a speed stopper, you spin out of control and crash while he drives into the turn slowly passing you by.

This is how the average GTA driver looks like:

83b.png

justinlynch3

Or when you're approaching a turn and as you're slowing down to make it, the idiot behind you slams into you full speed, using you as a speed stopper, you spin out of control and crash while he drives into the turn slowly passing you by.

83b.png

That's annoying but half the time they spin themselves out far worse then then spin me out, if they even do spin me out. Funnily enough that pic still works for those that happens to.

OP, if you don't like drag races, check the map while you're in the lobby. They're very popular, though.

• Like 1

Totally agree.

I enjoy making races, and on each one I aim to use no props at all. I inevitably always do though, because even though there is a huge bright blue arrow pointing left, people just keep driving straight anyway. Into a wall, or not stopping 'til they reach the ocean :)

Edited by FAT CURRY

dingodile_r89

It's ridiculous how rubbish some randoms are at racing on this game. I dunno if they have become lazy at just playing all these straight line races or the races on the freeway where the road guides them, but it's really mental how some people who I see racing never follow the chevrons directions at each checkpoint but proceed to either crash or go completely off course at a turn in the road or track.

I've been seeing this a lot over the past couple of weeks when testing some creations where the checkpoints clearly show a direction change (nothing major as they're all 'noob' friendly), but with some people that are racing the advanced warning of a direction change whether it be via the mini map or the checkpoint it just doesn't register with them.

It's frustrating too because when they fail and crash they struggle to make near the top of the standings so just vote dislike when there's no way the tracks deserve that.

You're right, KJ (if I may call you that), which is why, I mostly stick to my own created GP races and within the crew creations. When I join a random race via quick job, I quit around 9/10, because the track selection is terrible or the settings are sh*t. The only tracks I stay on are dirt bike races, and technical tracks like Hipster happy hour, thrills in the hills, etc.

Anything like Commute, Route 68 are all instant quit for me.

I like the drag races, let me see that the Turismo is the fastest car for using.... till you need to turn!

• Like 1

Well to be honest.. Its common sense to dive bomb turns in public races.. At least the 1st few anyways.

Hell.. I've even pulled over before to let the riff raff go flying before even attempting the 1st turn...lol

• Like 2

OP, if you don't like drag races, check the map while you're in the lobby. They're very popular, though.

Should read what I write, dunno where it says I don't like them - I said they shouldn't be allowed because it makes for lazy racers. 70% of racers on this game are shockingly bad despite all the warnings of change of direction, I can only put that down to the popularity of the straight line races with jumps or on the freeway where it's just follow the road to the finishing line.

Sparky McWonderpants

Straight line races are some of the most sought after races. Sure, after 5-10 different ones, they start to look the same, but that doesn't mean that they're not needed at all.

• Like 1

I've just come to believe that every GTA Racer is just trying to be Pastor Maldonado

shoutout to all 5 people who will get that joke.

Edited by gtuned
  • Like 4

Should read what I write, dunno where it says I don't like them - I said they shouldn't be allowed because it makes for lazy racers. 70% of racers on this game are shockingly bad despite all the warnings of change of direction, I can only put that down to the popularity of the straight line races with jumps or on the freeway where it's just follow the road to the finishing line. 

Well I was reading the bit in the title where you wrote that straight line races shouldn't be allowed. Also, it seems you didn't read the words "Content Creator", which is the forum for threads about you not liking the people who played your custom race and gave it a thumbs down.

Shootinalloveryourface

Last night I bumped into three Futos drifting round the map. Calmly and in formation. Every now and again we did a drag race. No mics. By the time I left there were 6 Futos and a chap on a dirt bike

Not very OT but a nice story so I'm just gonna leave it here for you

It's mostly because most randoms aren't technical drivers. They often aren't sure of the best way to take a corner and end up falling behind. But they are going for the win, so the only option that remains to them is to go full speed through every corner and hope for the best. This, along wit PIT-ing and ramming is the only real chance they have of winning. The alternative for them is losing ground on every single corner when they are up against people who do know how to drive at least a little. This is also the reason they like long straight lines. Very few mistakes to be made then, though the most random of randoms do find a way to screw even that up.

Of course R* knows this and has decided to hold these poor guys' hands with slipstream and catchup.

dingodile_r89

I've just come to believe that every GTA Racer is just trying to be Pastor Maldonado

Well played, sir.

Wildfire_08

Honestly, most of the americans I play with are the clueless racers who cannot race for sh*t, Its the Europeans who present the biggest challenge & best races on this game.

No surprise really as you look at motorsport in general it is bigger in Europe than anywhere else in the world & basically a religion in some areas of the EU.

Most of the bullsh*t drag races or races with gimmicks like jumps are created by the North American lot who need silly gimmicks to get a win. I always want to race pure technical tracks & I have made a few, infact I want to go make another because of this thread lol. The problem is they really never get raced, because everytime I go on them, and destroy the average racers, they just quit halfway through, or quit if catchup isnt on.

What annoys me more is that nobody does air/sea races... Like what the f*ck? A skilled racer can race all vehicles, all terrains, most races are just noob sh*t full of super cars in a straight line. I agree they should be removed & only have official rockstar drag races, because thats enough of them

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

sh*t I need to start racing again. Didn't even know these races existed. Great find OP

Straight line fine. But i hate the assholes who make maps with

1)no visible checkpoint at a fork in the road and you can't look ahead to see left or right. No barrier indications either.

2) Special 90 or 180 degree turn at the end around a building to get to the final checkpoint.

I will repeat my usual rant here. If the fvcking game controllers actually had a decent linear range of control for throttle, brake and steering, instead of 75% of the control range being useless dead zone, millions of players would actually be able to use and appreciate the vehicle handling and they would actually be able to drive. This also applies to free-aim control, BTW. :/

If my real life car were controlled by these fvcking joysticks, I would run into 5 parked cars and 3 light poles just driving the first block from my real life driveway. :nervous:

I can't believe, that at this late date in the history of game consoles and GTA, that a better solution to game control has not been created by the software and hardware makers. It's a travesty. :angry::angry::angry:

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

more of a NASCAR redneck.

I don't like racing at all. The game forces me and others to do it in order to get certain upgrades. That's probably why you see so many straight line races and people who don't have any experience doing it.

I'll tell you about dodgy racers in GTA V, rule one, everyone driving an Adder in a race is a tool. It's not a competitive car at all since the spoilers and they all resort to ramming. So be careful when passing Adders. Rule two.. Ramming doesn't profit, guys that ram never winraces, yes you might ruin one or two peoples races but while you are ramming a good driver is leaving you behind. 95% of the time if you do get rammed but continue yo drive clean you will sooner or later pass the guy that was attacking you. In my experience they only ram because they can't drive. Its frustration, same reason why they eventually giveup, double back to try and hit you head on. Bunch of spoilt pussys (no offence intented to girls as there are girls out there that can own these little sh*ts). :).

MajorVienna

I've taken a close look at the rating system and it seems downvoting doesn't hurt the percentage, but no votes do.

Sparky McWonderpants

Straight line fine. But i hate the assholes who make maps with

1)no visible checkpoint at a fork in the road and you can't look ahead to see left or right. No barrier indications either.

2) Special 90 or 180 degree turn at the end around a building to get to the final checkpoint.

The one race I made has a left turn at the end, but I wanted it to end at the strip club so theres only so much I could do.

Edited by Sparky McWonderpants

You're right, KJ (if I may call you that), which is why, I mostly stick to my own created GP races and within the crew creations. When I join a random race via quick job, I quit around 9/10, because the track selection is terrible or the settings are sh*t. The only tracks I stay on are dirt bike races, and technical tracks like Hipster happy hour, thrills in the hills, etc.

Anything like Commute, Route 68 are all instant quit for me.

Sure call me that if you want lol.

This is an example from one of my races:

cq6iGy8.jpg

You can see the starting point, so from the start screen when countdown to race start begins the 1st checkpoint will be visible and saying to turn left, it's positioned at that corner for a good racing line, then in the minimap checkpoint 2 is visible that indicates a right turn, again that check point is positioned as good as it can get. You would think it's a simple act to take you into checkpoint 3 but believe it or not a high percentage of people who race that track DONT take the turn to reach checkpoint 2 and that is despite a tire wall being there as a prop attempting to tell you to turn left lol. Also for the record that race is only open to compact cars, it's not like it's 0-200mph in 2 seconds. There is way enough time to take checkpoint 1 and 2 in harmony. And it's a pattern I see everywhere no matter what.

Edited by KimberJane

I disagree. Originally I used straight line races for testing cars and then later developed my own. I've also seen them used for Car Meets where they aren't actually trying to win the event as they are in a car show and want a controlled environment.

Regardless, it's their race so if you don't like it, don't use it.