GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Payouts don't compensate the effort.

BJMartin

I'm guessing that R* people, don't like the players being glitching for everything in this game, but to be honest they pretty much encourage it. If you have to do around 10 jobs to get only 100k...

For example, if we take a look at Geralds missions, (most sh*tty payouts), the guy it's asking for you to kill around 20 gang members, then steal a few kilos, and he only pays us like 1500$ for it?

but of course, this is just a little example, every job's got a sh*tty payout.. Lester sends you up to a Merryweather safehouse to steal 2 buzzards from them, and he'll only give you like 10k? wtf, I just killed 20 guys and drove a Buzzard with 3 choppers shooting at me for 10k?

Seriously it's so boring to make money in this game.. you have to do like 3 jobs to put on a turbo in your car, lol.

And the worst part is, everybody it's playing less and less jobs because of this reason, and of course, glitching it's way easier.

inb4 cash cards, and no, I'm not going to glitch.

• Like 3

"Drove a buzzard" Is this like a new car or something ?

Plus if you don't like the payouts for most jobs don't do them, play rooftop rumble where you can call merrywheather heli and let the guy fly you the Martin's house > less trouble, less effort and way easier

WesternMotorcycleCo.

It's not hard to make money and 100k is a decent amount of money considering 10 jobs won't take too long to do. R* didn't intend on people earning millions and buying everything in the space of a week, it takes time, stop complaining about payouts. I agree some missions need to get a payout raise, but if you refuse to glitch or buy cash cards, then go grind RR and you'll get 100k in no time.

TheSkullmasher

Yeah, R* really needs to balance it, but I can see that being difficult considering there are quite a lot of jobs, but seriously. Steal a 300k car, get 1500$ from simeon. Kill some chick for martin, 7500$. Kill a few guys and get some documents, 18750$. Fight hundreds of gang members to steal a van and drive it 6 miles fighting gang members? 3k.

• Like 2

Agree, you pay to do missions. But I think is interesting because make you think and not just spam some assault rifle. I use pistols for missions, but still it sucks.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

CarimboHanky

mission payouts plus the high cost of living in LS is the main reason way people look for glitches...

im 100% sure that if mission payouts were more balanced in accordance with the cost of living, more people would "play" the game instead if going around glitching.

glitching would still exist but the amount of people doing it would decrease.

• Like 3

Bestin_theWorld

you think that's bad try playing the new martin missions like "handle with care" or "pickup sticks" those got you killing like 40 guys for a f*cking 6k payout smdh.

• Like 1

You sure you don't want to glitch? A dead hooker might do ya some good.

So let me get this straight... killing hookers is okay, but knocking them unconscious and photographing their underwear is not? Somehow doesn't seem right to me...

Follow me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LPGTAO

Add me on PS3: LPGTAO

If you feel that playing the game is an ordeal that you need to be compensated for, then I guess your time with that game is over.

I miss the payouts of the early days, but the more annoying thing is the cost of things. 15k for a paint job, really?! :)

This is the thing that really bothers me about missions: that the payouts aren't balanced for the amount of time & effort involved. Ones like Hit 'Em Up and Handle With Care oughta pay at least 10 or 12k, and ones that are quick and so brainlessly simple, like RR and Potshot, oughta pay about 5k.

But still, it's really not hard at all to make money in this game in a short period of time. Do you have 2 characters? Start your game, and sell a gang Peyote or Tornado with each one. 25k right there, in less than 5 minutes. Go play Chopper Tail, Trash Talk, Extradition, Judging the Jury, Bust Out, and The Los Santos Connection: another 100k. By then enough time should've passed, so go sell 2 more gang cars. Boom: you've just made 150k for about an hour's effort...

It's far from difficult to make money but job payouts seem to be picked at random. When I need money I just switch my brain off and do RR, not exactly a whole lot of fun but the stuff I've spent the money on pleases me.

This is the thing that really bothers me about missions: that the payouts aren't balanced for the amount of time & effort involved. Ones like Hit 'Em Up and Handle With Care oughta pay at least 10 or 12k, and ones that are quick and so brainlessly simple, like RR and Potshot, oughta pay about 5k.

But still, it's really not hard at all to make money in this game in a short period of time. Do you have 2 characters? Start your game, and sell a gang Peyote or Tornado with each one. 25k right there, in less than 5 minutes. Go play Chopper Tail, Trash Talk, Extradition, Judging the Jury, Bust Out, and The Los Santos Connection: another 100k. By then enough time should've passed, so go sell 2 more gang cars. Boom: you've just made 150k for about an hour's effort...

But maybe I don't feel like playing those jobs. It'd be good if every mission's payout was better than it is now. Or, on the other hand, R* can decrease prices on most things.

They don't "encourage" it in respect that someone's lazy as f*ck and can't play a game how it's intended.

You weren't intended to turn on the game and instantly be able to own an XF for example.

They should go play My Little Pony if they can't handle this.

Is there really something wrong with delayed gratification? Is that concept so foreign?

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

Medical Cocaine

I think its fine the way it is. Do the missions once for the double pay, and then only go back to the ones you actually enjoy playing as you feel like it. If you want to do a mission with a different method, different amount of players, you can keep getting some decent replay value from it.

Apart from that, I don't really see the need to go after higher pay. I see the 750k + items as a long term goal, something that just falls into your lap in time. Most players that glitch and try to suck all the juice out of the game as soon as possible will most likely be gone soon and aren't usually worth playing with anyway.

I find I can get most of my petty cash within a freeroam session by killing Lester Targets, Simeon deliveries, bounties etc. All that fancy 750k stuff is just cars man, only useful for a slight edge in a race that takes up a small portion of your experience and is entirely optional.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Echoes

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/WONzVIOGwkG4LXYagkY37Q?platformId=null

You sure you don't want to glitch? A dead hooker might do ya some good.

yep. Those dead hookers got me from 11000 to 21 million. Thanks hookers. Edited by Winning001

Megakillertron

Some of the payouts are ludicrously small considering the amount of time some of the jobs take.

But i think the main issue is that the missions are so boring.

If they had half as many missions (even less), all with interesting, well implemented, objectives with an over-arching narrative that encouraged cooperation rather than competition it wouldn't be so bad. In fact i think that would be great.

Rather than these overabundant, monotonous, disconnected, by-the-numbers, low-paying missions we have now.

• Like 2

It's true, they need to rethink some of the payouts for the jobs. Some you make a lot for little effort, others, you do tons of crap for chump change. But when you think about it, it's kind of compare it to real life. A person with a minimum wage job busts their hump for very little pay (Gerald Jobs) while a higher up in the company maybe does some paperwork and shakes a few hands (Rooftop Rumble) and gets paid the most. It's unbalanced, for sure, but that does seem to be the way with life. Still, I don't think Rockstar was trying to make a social commentary here, so it's just comes down to bad decisions on their part.

• Like 2

But maybe I don't feel like playing those jobs. It'd be good if every mission's payout was better than it is now. Or, on the other hand, R* can decrease prices on most things.

Base Invaders, Landing Gear, Satellite Communications, Method in the Madness, Hack and Dash, On Maneuvers, American Exports, Chemical Extraction, Docks to Stock, Stocks and Scares, Docks to Stock 2, Defender...

Wait, lemme guess--you don't feel like playing those jobs, either, right?

I've just given you 18 missions that pay at least 15k (plus there are a few others, like Mixed Up w/ Coke, that pay at least 12, and of course the always popular RR and Coveted pay 18+ :rol: ).

I totally agree with you that it's frustrating that some of the more difficult missions (especially the new ones) have such crap payouts, and I'd love to see those bumped up--in some cases, bumped up A LOT. I'd also love to see RR, Potshot, and a couple of others bumped way down, because they're way too easy for the high payout they give. But it's not hard to make money in this game, and it's not even "boring" when you have at least 20 missions that pay good money, and can make you 100k in an hour, easy...

Edited by Daniel_B

Sneakerfeen11

They will adjust the payouts when they get bored of counting their profit from game sales/shark cards/merchandise. It has to be sitting around $2 billion now?

CrysisAverted

Big surprise a game where being a criminal and playing unfairly is...wait, frowned upon?

I think its fine the way it is. Do the missions once for the double pay, and then only go back to the ones you actually enjoy playing as you feel like it. If you want to do a mission with a different method, different amount of players, you can keep getting some decent replay value from it.

Apart from that, I don't really see the need to go after higher pay. I see the 750k + items as a long term goal, something that just falls into your lap in time. Most players that glitch and try to suck all the juice out of the game as soon as possible will most likely be gone soon and aren't usually worth playing with anyway.

I find I can get most of my petty cash within a freeroam session by killing Lester Targets, Simeon deliveries, bounties etc. All that fancy 750k stuff is just cars man, only useful for a slight edge in a race that takes up a small portion of your experience and is entirely optional.

"But my friend has a Zentorno! I don't see why I can't have a Zentorno, too--especially since I've been playing for over 2 hours now!"

Sugar Free Nos

Most missions don't even compensate for the ammo I use, much less the effort I put in.

That's why I have 10s of millions of dollars so I can do those missions for fun.

• Like 1
cixJdfg.png

Its true that in some cases payouts don't reflect effort. Gerald and Simeon being prime culprits. However as others have said already there are plenty of jobs that do reward you well for your efforts. Not that you listen, I'm sure you've made this topic before and I imagine you'll make it again.

Medical Cocaine

Most missions don't even compensate for the ammo I use, much less the effort I put in.

That's why I have 10s of millions of dollars so I can do those missions for fun.

I think the problem is getting those 10s of millions of dollars though...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Echoes

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/WONzVIOGwkG4LXYagkY37Q?platformId=null

Sugar Free Nos

I think the problem is getting those 10s of millions of dollars though...

Let's just say I've driven a lot of Adders and know the route to LSC by heart.

I actually like some of those lower missions. If you have the Cargobob in your Pegasus list doing a Simeon mission with it is super fun. Trying to hook up that Coquette going at 100mph is a blast.

• Like 2
cixJdfg.png